WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So my daughter...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Is officially a licenced EMT now! It's what she did on her summer vacation.

She came over for breakfast this morning, and brought me a hat her boyfriend bought for me.

She's finally in live classrooms at USC now. Her first week of real school.

So proud of both of these kids!

16302825291975195269329478130214.jpg
Screenshot_20210829-171750_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20210829-171915_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20210829-172210_WhatsApp.jpg

badgas

Reaction score
Congrats Dad !

Love seeing kids taking steps toward things that make difference.

HBCraig

Reaction score

yz450mm

Reaction score
Awesome, congratulations to her! Do you know what career path she is pursuing? There are lots of people out here that can give her some great guidance, which can really help her out depending on which way she is thinking about going.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Is officially a licenced EMT now! It's what she did on her summer vacation.

She came over for breakfast this morning, and brought me a hat her boyfriend bought for me.

She's finally in live classrooms at USC now. Her first week of real school.

So proud of both of these kids!

View attachment 1043768 View attachment 1043769 View attachment 1043770 View attachment 1043771
Congrats, sure would have been nice for someone to have let them take the diapers off for the picture!!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
What is her major at USC? Fight On!
Awesome, congratulations to her! Do you know what career path she is pursuing? There are lots of people out here that can give her some great guidance, which can really help her out depending on which way she is thinking about going.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. She wants to be a Physician Assistant. Ideally, in sports medicine. She was a trainer at Citrus College, and absolutely loved the job. She's also only a couple belts away from her black belt in Kajukenbo, so she's a bit athletic herself.

Anytime I would hurt myself at work, she would be dying to check it out. She loves the blood and guts! LoL

Crazy kid. I'm beyond proud of her. 😊😊😊

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Way to go Marina. She nailed that cert out. Super smart young lady with a little street smarts too.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I commend her for pushing though....its not an easy program to finish (even with the bad ass instructors WCEMT has) especially during covid when a majority was through zoom. Congrats!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I commend her for pushing though....its not an easy program to finish (even with the bad ass instructors WCEMT has) especially during covid when a majority was through zoom. Congrats!

Yeah. Last year at USC was a drag. We are both super excited for this year!

Her EMT class was all live. But...

The kids (my daughter and her roommate) created a Zoom study group, and all the students joined in!

They also jointly created a 28 page study guide in Google Docs for the class to share.

I think around 40 kids started the class, and 28 actually finished. Every kid that finished, passed both the class and the national exam.

First time ever that every kid that finished, actually passed.

How cool is that!?!

(Normal only 13 kids actually finish, and not all of those kids will pass).

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah. Last year at USC was a drag. We are both super excited for this year!

Her EMT class was all live. But...

The kids (my daughter and her roommate) created a Zoom study group, and all the students joined in!

They also jointly created a 28 page study guide in Google Docs for the class to share.

I think around 40 kids started the class, and 28 actually finished. Every kid that finished, passed both the class and the national exam.

First time ever that every kid that finished, actually passed.

How cool is that!?!

(Normal only 13 kids actually finish, and not all of those kids will pass).
Yea i think the main campuses had 100% live for those that enrolled in the fulltime course....i know Anaheim did for sure.
I did the "accelerated" hybrid course in Riverside and ours was 90% webex based. By far one of the hardest courses ive ever taken in my life.

1630339333634.png

You 1000% deserve that super proud dad moment 🤘

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Yea i think the main campuses had 100% live for those that enrolled in the fulltime course....i know Anaheim did for sure.
I did the "accelerated" hybrid course in Riverside and ours was 90% webex based. By far one of the hardest courses ive ever taken in my life.

View attachment 1043900

You 1000% deserve that super proud dad moment 🤘

Thanks man. I'm stoked for her.

She also works for Lululemon, and will be transferring to the brand new store they are opening up on campus!

The world is all hers these days. 👍👍

HotRod82

Reaction score
Thanks man. I'm stoked for her.

She also works for Lululemon, and will be transferring to the brand new store they are opening up on campus!

The world is all hers these days. 👍👍

I so enjoy these stories....it's easy to go down the rabbit hole and say the next generation is just full of woke morons. Stories like this remind me there are lots of well raised, hard working young folks out there. Congrats and well done.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Conratulations , My niece is now an EMT post UCSB in (of all places) The Bay area , thought she would turn into a flaming liberal there , but shes dating a God guts and guns guy !

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I so enjoy these stories....it's easy to go down the rabbit hole and say the next generation is just full of woke morons. Stories like this remind me there are lots of well raised, hard working young folks out there. Congrats and well done.

Thanks man. Appricate that!

Honestly though, I could tell you all kinds of these stories...

All of my son's friends that Eagled out of Boy Scout all have similar stories. A couple are now in the Coast Guard. One that is still good friends with me just started a job at JP Morgan as a financial analyst. Another is at Edison with an 80k a year Starting salary! The list goes on and on...

There are Way more great kids in this world than their are fucking losers. Don't buy into the rhetoric about "kids these days".

There some smart little fuckers out there. 👍👍