WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So nothing else is going on today

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Apparently all bad guys are taking the day off to pay their respects to the old girl. 😀

nameisbond

Reaction score
Now it's all the memorials going on in Canada today. It was declared a national holiday last Friday.

azsunfun

Reaction score

nameisbond

Reaction score
At least the Brits snubbed Biden a few times over the weekend. First the prime minister's office announced they canceled their meeting with Biden. When Air Force One arrived, it was met by a low ranking official. Plus, only two seats at the funeral. They sat him 14 or 15 rows back behind even the prime minister of Poland. I don't think he got a one-on-one meet and greet with King Charles either.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Wait Wait , the Big news is THE PANDEMIC IS OVER" that what Biden claimed on 60 minutes ............ so I guess the use of it to justify the "loan forgiveness" is moot right ?

rrrr

Reaction score
I don't get why it's such a big deal in the US. In Canada She was our head of state and Queen. But for some reason it is bigger in the US media. I did stay up to watch the main funeral procession. Mainly because it was led by the RCMP and Canadian military: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...sedgntp&cvid=c6349e1bf5034626ab4626f5d20954aa
From this American's perspective, Queen Elizabeth II exemplified the ideal of service to one's country and people. At the age of nineteen, she entered service with the British Army at the beginning of WWII as a trainee mechanic and driver. After attending training classes, she worked beside other enlisted men and women repairing lorries and military equipment. This was the start of a lifetime of helping the British people. At the time of her death, she was supporting over 600 charities and social assistance organizations.

She also took her duties as the Monarch seriously. Every day for over seventy years, she sat down with advisors and reviewed issues affecting the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. While the Queen had no legislative powers under the constitution, she was always aware of both domestic and foreign affairs and offered guidance and opinion to the prime minister.

She did these things while expressing a true interest and love for her subjects, and I believe most of the citizens of the UK and Commonwealth admired her greatly.

I believe the world will never see another like her.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Biden was 30 minutes or more late this morning arriving at funeral. Funeral was underway & Bidens had to wait be seated in the 14th row so as not interrupt proceedings.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
No weather, no crime, no traffic, Chicago finally jailed all the thugs. Just the queen, that's it.
Here’s what SoFlo looks like today………

1336C0BB-BF9B-4D51-A187-E982FCC821B4.jpeg

nameisbond

Reaction score
From this American's perspective, Queen Elizabeth II exemplified the ideal of service to one's country and people. At the age of nineteen, she entered service with the British Army at the beginning of WWII as a trainee mechanic and driver. After attending training classes, she worked beside other enlisted men and women repairing lorries and military equipment. This was the start of a lifetime of helping the British people. At the time of her death, she was supporting over 600 charities and social assistance organizations.

She also took her duties as the Monarch seriously. Every day for over seventy years, she sat down with advisors and reviewed issues affecting the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. While the Queen had no legislative powers under the constitution, she was always aware of both domestic and foreign affairs and offered guidance and opinion to the prime minister.

She did these things while expressing a true interest and love for her subjects, and I believe most of the citizens of the UK and Commonwealth admired her greatly.

I believe the world will never see another like her.
Well said.................... She did take her role in Canada very seriously. I grew up surrounded by her presence. She will be missed.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Biden was 30 minutes or more late this morning arriving at funeral. Funeral was underway & Bidens had to wait be seated in the 14th row so as not interrupt proceedings.
Wonder if he crapped his pants?

Nordie

Reaction score
No weather, no crime, no traffic, Chicago finally jailed all the thugs. Just the queen, that's it.
Thank God, I land in Chicago in a couple few days...I should be safe now

Starloans

Reaction score
Well, I just channeled past MSDNC and the 2pm hack (pacific time) started right off with TRUMP. It's like 10 pm in England so they reverted back to TRUMP or TDS. LOL Yes nothing else going on except the Queen croaking and TRUMP!!! I guess Trump had an event in OHIO this past weekend and now that the Queen is planted they are doing their best to attach Trump to Qanon. MSM is doing a good job at avoiding anything economy, border, crime, Biden, etc. while trying to paint Trump in a bad light. Trump is a dumpster fire but a lot of people liked his policies. The MSM is afraid Trump will be popular enough to take back the White House or designate someone to do it. I would NEVER want to be a politician.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
At least the Brits snubbed Biden a few times over the weekend. First the prime minister's office announced they canceled their meeting with Biden. When Air Force One arrived, it was met by a low ranking official. Plus, only two seats at the funeral. They sat him 14 or 15 rows back behind even the prime minister of Poland. I don't think he got a one-on-one meet and greet with King Charles either.
;)