WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So now what's your excuse gonna be??

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear what they are! šŸ˜

I am wondering if you have read any of the members stories that have had mild to severe adverse reactions to the vaccines. I started a thread and was surprised at how many stories popped up. The numbers were pretty staggering given the sample size of the audience.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I am wondering if you have read any of the members stories that have had mild to severe adverse reactions to the vaccines. I started a thread and was surprised at how many stories popped up. The numbers were pretty staggering given the sample size of the audience.

I work with several hundred people, almost all of whom have had the vaccine. Beyond a sore arm no side effects from that group.

Out of two groups we have entirely different outcomes. So be careful in extrapolating numbers from a small data set.

BigJimSportsCamper

Reaction score
1629810365587.png

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
My first show ever. Galaxy Theater in Santa Ana circa 2004. My friend got 8 staples in his head after getting hit with an A1 steak sauce bottle. Awesome fucking night!

Was the bottle full of steak sauce?

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Honestly?

I don't! I was just looking for some good comedy! A few of the inmates came through with flying colors! Most of ya, not so much.

Seriously though?

I've said from day one, it's a totally personal decision. Everyone has to make their own mind on what they think is best for them and their situation. And of course their families.

I don't judge. But I do like a good laugh now and then! Thanks for playing along. šŸ‘
Oh man, you got me!

azsunfun

Reaction score
excuse! it does not fit the definition.

SINCE1828

Games & QuizzesThesaurusWord of the DayFeaturesBuying GuideM-W Books

vaccine
noun
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.

vacĀ·cine | \ vak-Ėˆsēn , Ėˆvak-ĖŒsēn \
plural vaccines
Definition of vaccine

1: a preparation that is administered (as by injection) to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific infectious agent or disease: such as
a: an antigenic preparation of a typically inactivated or attenuated (see ATTENUATEDsense 2) pathogenic agent (such as a bacterium or virus) or one of its components or products (such as a protein or toxin)a trivalent influenza vaccineoral polio vaccineMany vaccines are made from the virus itself, either weakened or killed, which will induce antibodies to bind and kill a live virus. Measles vaccines are just that, weakened (or attenuated) measles viruses.ā€” Ann Finkbeiner et al.ā€¦ a tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine might be recommended for wound management in a pregnant woman if [greater than or equal to] 5 years have elapsed ā€¦ .ā€” Mark Sawyer et al.In addition the subunit used in a vaccine must be carefully chosen, because not all components of a pathogen represent beneficial immunological targets.ā€” Thomas J. Matthews and Dani P. Bolognesi
b: a preparation of genetic material (such as a strand of synthesized messenger RNA) that is used by the cells of the body to produce an antigenic substance (such as a fragment of virus spike protein)ā€¦ Moderna's coronavirus vaccine ā€¦ works by injecting a small piece of mRNA from the coronavirus that codes for the virus' spike protein. ā€¦ mRNA vaccine spurs the body to produce the spike protein internally. That, in turn, triggers an immune response.ā€” Susie Neilson et al.The revolutionary messenger RNA vaccines that are now available have been over a decade in development. ā€¦ Messenger RNA enters the cell cytoplasm and produces protein from the spike of the Covid-19 virus.ā€” Thomas F. CozzaViral vector vaccines, another recent type of vaccine, are similar to DNA and RNA vaccines, but the virus's genetic information is housed in an attenuated virus (unrelated to the disease-causing virus) that helps to promote host cell fusion and entry.ā€” Priya Kaur
NOTE: Vaccines may contain adjuvants (such as aluminum hydroxide) designed to enhance the strength and duration of the body's immune response.
2: a preparation or immunotherapy that is used to stimulate the body's immune response against noninfectious substances, agents, or diseasesThe U.S. Army is also testing a ricin vaccine and has reported success in mice.ā€” Sue Goetinck Ambroseā€¦ many of the most promising new cancer vaccines use dendritic cells to train the immune system to recognize tumor cells.ā€” Patrick Barry
Other Words from vaccineMore Example SentencesLearn More About vaccine
Keep scrolling for more

Other Words from vaccine
vaccine adjective
Examples of vaccine in a Sentence
Recent Examples on the WebThe vaccine is not yet available for children under the age of 12.ā€” NBC News, 19 Aug. 2021The vaccine would be available to individuals at least eight months after their last shot.ā€” Deborah Yetter, The Courier-Journal, 19 Aug. 2021
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'vaccine.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
See More
First Known Use of vaccine
1882, in the meaning defined at sense 1
History and Etymology for vaccine
earlier, "fluid from cowpox pustules used in inoculation," noun use of vaccine "of cowpox" (in the phrases vaccine disease, vaccine matter), borrowed from New Latin vaccina (in variolae vaccinae "cowpox"), going back to Latin, feminine of vaccīnus "of or from a cow," from vacca "cow" (perhaps akin to Sanskrit vaśā "cow") + -īnus -INE entry 1; in extended sense, "preparation of organisms administered to produce immunity," in part borrowed from French vaccin, masculine derivative of vaccine"cowpox, matter from cowpox pustules," borrowed from New Latin or English
Keep scrolling for more

Learn More About vaccine

Share vaccine
Post the Definition of vaccine to FacebookShare the Definition of vaccine on Twitter
Time Traveler for vaccine

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Every one of them. We have had losses in our family as well. Pretty sure I posted those up.

See post 47 for more info. šŸ˜Š

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Because right up to the day before Biden was declared the winner of the election, the same people that are trying to coerce everyone into getting it said it wouldn't be ready for months. Then magically, it was ready. And now all those who said they would never get the Trump vaccine (like he was in the lab or something) are touting how effective and safe it is. Add to all that, several news reports yesterday said the FDA hopes this move will make people more willing to get the vaccine. How does that play into the approval process?

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Itā€™s just the next move by the left to take away excuses, push more mandates and take away the focus on the Middle East cluster.
Bingo. You know the Far Left is now going to try to use this FDA Approval to pass a law that everyone in America must be vaccinated. (Unless your an Illegal Alien of course) It's Coming!!

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear what they are! šŸ˜

[/QUOTEthe FDA IS THE ASS HATS TELLING EVERYONE TO TAKE IT. The idiot in the Oval Office probably told FDA. To approve it. It will be his second massive mistake.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Can we at least normalize asking inmates if they wish they were vaxxed after a hospital stay or after someone mentions a close Covid death saying, "Do you think they would've died had they got the vax?"

I know a couple have already said I wish I had taken the vax to avoid my Covid experience.

I mean I haven't said it yet because most people tend to be hypocrites and will call out every adverse reaction to the vax but don't want to hear about the vax once someone is hospitalized or dies.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I work with several hundred people, almost all of whom have had the vaccine. Beyond a sore arm no side effects from that group.

Out of two groups we have entirely different outcomes. So be careful in extrapolating numbers from a small data set.

I was just reading memberā€™s experiences.. we are way into the double digits with members or members families that have had adverse reactions

DC-88

Reaction score
The reaction from clients and others when I was clearing out my schedule admitting I was sick were classic. They were jaw dropped blown away I didn't have the jab. On about day 7 I questioned myself for not getting it, because the vaxed peeps in my circle and household did not catch it, or had super mild symptoms which is textbook for the narrative....and at that time I still felt like shit in a strange way like never before. I know tons of vaxed people with no side effects other than feeling weird for a day after. Now only a total of about 2 1/2 weeks later being 100% fine with no doctor, no type O blood, no horse meds from PetSmart , no I.V. bags, nothing but cold meds I'm back to thinking...why would I personally need to get a jab for this when I have real antibodies and like my chances against it if there's a next time? I can be like John Madden and just drive everywhere , plus I caught it from a vaxed person .

dribble

Reaction score
Media smoke and mirrors. The only thing holding up full approval before was the shelf life trial. I have been vaccinated and frankly I donā€™t care who is and who isnā€™t. Itā€™s their right. If the vaccine is that effective it shouldnā€™t matter. I donā€™t believe a vaccine mandate would ever pass a court challenge and they know it.

Booshy

Reaction score
Some things is not right with whats happening. They all spoke badly about the vaccine and then suddenly its great. Certain gov staff are not required to get it! Why is that ok?

They are also making impossible to get any alternative medicines to help with Covid? Why? Hydrochloroquine, Ivermectrine and NAC??? All are not being prescribed and pulled from the market. There giving us no options but to relay on the vaccine?

They pulled videos and testimonials from teams of doctors that were treating people with the above. ALL removed from the internet or doctors were shut down and told they would loose there jobs if they kept talking

Whyyyyyy do you think that is people????

Do you really trust our government right now?

PlanB

Reaction score
I was just reading memberā€™s experiences.. we are way into the double digits with members or members families that have had adverse reactions

I am on my second round of high dose prednisone because of my reaction to the fucking vaccine (the first shot). My doc is telling me that hopefully I am better in six months. Life is pretty much on hold right now because of my symptoms.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Some things is not right with whats happening. They all spoke badly about the vaccine and then suddenly its great. Certain gov staff are not required to get it! Why is that ok?

They are also making impossible to get any alternative medicines to help with Covid? Why? Hydrochloroquine, Ivermectrine and NAC??? All are not being prescribed and pulled from the market. There giving us no options but to relay on the vaccine?

They pulled videos and testimonials from teams of doctors that were treating people with the above. ALL removed from the internet or doctors were shut down and told they would loose there jobs if they kept talking

You can't have questions like these!! just take the jab!! stop being so selfish. The government loves you and knows what's best for you.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I am on my second round of high dose prednisone because of my reaction to the fucking vaccine (the first shot). My doc is telling me that hopefully I am better in six months. Life is pretty much on hold right now because of my symptoms.
Are they using prednisone to fight inflammation? You had neuropathy issues, correct?

floatn turd

Reaction score
This commercial was "so brave", that I started taking Descovy........ So i'm covered yo! šŸ˜

DVY TV Announcement Image.jpg

Last edited:

PlanB

Reaction score
Are they using prednisone to fight inflammation? You had neuropathy issues, correct?

Yeah. It's mostly neuro related visual issues. Walking around, driving in a car... My brain is having issues tracking movement along with some blurred vision on and off. When I first start taking the prednisone it really helps, but then the symptoms come back as I taper. My doc thinks it's an inflammation response. I am waiting to see a Neuro-Ophthalmologist and an Immunologist. Don't know if there is anything they can do, but maybe they will have some opinions. It's day by day right now.

69 1/2

Reaction score
Interesting info on ā€œtypicalā€ approval stages. Iā€™m sure the FDA is unbiased enough to make a bipartisan decision based on facts. (Insert clown fade). I find it strange that cancer drugs end up with endless, long running trials with a survival rates of much less than 99%.

View attachment 1041701
Amazingly these long running cancer experimental treatments is exactly where the mRNA COVID vaccine comes from. Remember that there is one and only one thing that Moderna has been doing the past ten plus years, mRNA vaccine development and testing.

One of the biggest roadblocks for the acceptance of the COVID vaccine is in insistence by the press that the technology is new and untested. šŸ™„

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I don't want it because I'm convinced that it is a biomechanical tool designed to alter our genetic make up and turn us all into subservient superhuman crocodile people that will be used to fight off the upcoming extraterrestrial invasion so we can make the world safe for our new overlords (the liberal elite). After the war we will all be relegated to holding pins where we will await our turn to become food for the humans that are left because cattle have been made extinct due to cow farts destroying the ozone layer.

There, is that a good enough reason?

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score

DWC

Reaction score
Amazingly these long running cancer experimental treatments is exactly where the mRNA COVID vaccine comes from. Remember that there is one and only one thing that Moderna has been doing the past ten plus years, mRNA vaccine development and testing.

One of the biggest roadblocks for the acceptance of the COVID vaccine is in insistence by the press that the technology is new and untested. šŸ™„
What other MRNA vaccines are approved? Guessing the 95% protection number needs to be updated.

56101572-1F9F-4D88-857A-A5C0305C8841.jpeg

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Yeah. It's mostly neuro related visual issues. Walking around, driving in a car... My brain is having issues tracking movement along with some blurred vision on and off. When I first start taking the prednisone it really helps, but then the symptoms come back as I taper. My doc thinks it's an inflammation response. I am waiting to see a Neuro-Ophthalmologist and an Immunologist. Don't know if there is anything they can do, but maybe they will have some opinions. It's day by day right now.
My wife gets something to that effect with elevated blood pressure. (I always said it was the steam purge) When she's stress that, and fluorescent lighting send her into migraine territory. So, as a teacher, this last year was interesting to say the least.

When I had my bad wreck, I had issues tracking. My eyes kind of "chattered". After 16 years, I still get it occasionally, but only when tired, and only in my right eye. At first the doctors thought it was muscle damage, as that side was relatively fuckered up. After a year or so, the thought nerve damage..."practicing" medicine.

I hope they can get you squared away. Often one doctor can fix what another may have caused. I have faith in medicine, just not in all doctors, nor the current "science".

DWC

Reaction score
Just read about Moderna, they didnā€™t just materialize out of thin air when COVID started.
Didnā€™t think they did. The new form of a vaccine is new to widespread use and then a ā€œmiracleā€approval. Donā€™t care how long theyā€™ve been working on it or have been in business. They couldnā€™t get approved to use it until the Vid came along. Theyā€™ve been working on versions to treat/cure cancer and couldnā€™t get approval. They wouldnā€™t approve it for something that you have a 50/50 chance of surviving but green lighted it for a 99+% flu. Makes sense.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Didnā€™t think they did. The new form of a vaccine is new to widespread use and then a ā€œmiracleā€approval. Donā€™t care how long theyā€™ve been working on it or have been in business. They couldnā€™t get approved to use it until the Vid came along. Theyā€™ve been working on versions to treat/cure cancer and couldnā€™t get approval. They wouldnā€™t approve it for something that you have a 50/50 chance of surviving but green lighted it for a 99+% flu. Makes sense.

Then thereā€™s the whole ā€œall the animals we tested mRNA on kept dyingā€ thing folks just sort of gloss overā€¦

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take mešŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Reaction score

Yep and they haven't been able to make it work or prove that it is safe in the whole time they have been researching it. So they can fuk off

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score

Nope! Hell, I've been having a tough time trusting a fart lately šŸ˜

PlanB

Reaction score
My wife gets something to that effect with elevated blood pressure. (I always said it was the steam purge) When she's stress that, and fluorescent lighting send her into migraine territory. So, as a teacher, this last year was interesting to say the least.

When I had my bad wreck, I had issues tracking. My eyes kind of "chattered". After 16 years, I still get it occasionally, but only when tired, and only in my right eye. At first the doctors thought it was muscle damage, as that side was relatively fuckered up. After a year or so, the thought nerve damage..."practicing" medicine.

I hope they can get you squared away. Often one doctor can fix what another may have caused. I have faith in medicine, just not in all doctors, nor the current "science".

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I think the positive reaction to the higher of doses of prednisone should be a clue. Hopefully the specialists will have more answers.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take mešŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Reaction score

So can I call you "twitch"?šŸ¤£
I have the same issue but in my left eye but its random, doesn't matter if I'm tired or not. I have 4 titanium plates an 32 Phillips head screws in the left side of my face. 2 of them hold my eye socket together. Its always interesting driving down the road and having your eye start twitching. But jus glad I still have it.