WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So serious lockdown question

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
How many hours do you normally spend with your spouse/gf on a daily basis? Will being cooped up together put stress on your relationship?
I only ask this because over the many years on rdp I've seen plenty of posts that might suggest issues.
Jan and I probably spend a good 90% of our waking hours together so it wouldn't feel so different to us.

buck35

Reaction score
That's a nice thing about living on acres of land , lots to do outside. Bad thing is I meet with the chemical guy here shortly and then a trip to the warehouse to pick up what I need.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
We spend a bit of time together for the most part. I do have to say that with all that life is throwing at us it is more challenging. This week is Chemo, her setting up to work from home and the end of the world. I am not being the supportive husband that I should be but everyone has their tipping points...right?

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
We spend a bit of time together for the most part. I do have to say that with all that life is throwing at us it is more challenging. This week is Chemo, her setting up to work from home and the end of the world. I am not being the supportive husband that I should be but everyone has their tipping points...right?
That’s rough, prayers & good thoughts sent your way.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
My wife and I are together almost 24/7. We work together everyday in our business and share a standard size desk, she is on the one side and I am on the other. Very seldom do we ever go anywhere without the other. She is the brains and I am the beau...... OK she is both of those, not sure what I add to the program but it seems to work.

Singleton

Reaction score
Wife + Me = we usually are good
Wife + Me + 8yo daughter = causing stress after 1 day.

we are trying to divide the educational workload between the 2 of us, but my daughter refuses to work with me when mom is in house - causing issues

biggest item = UofHawaii student is supposed to get on plane and return to school. UofH is online until April 13 then back to class. That is adding new stress, since he does not want to follow house rules he had until he went to college

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Not a problem here , I have the Garage (shop) she has the House (kitchen) then we watch a movie together.
This is every day life, We are not on Lock down :)

Last edited:

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I've always thought one key to a happy life together is tolerance .... It should come easy

We'll both get a bit edgy being on lockdown... She can't sit still for 20 minutes when the sun's up so I gotta keep her amused somehow

I'll know I'm in trouble when she stops laughing at my jokes

2Driver

Reaction score
Not much has changed in our lives except ASU cancelled all in person classes the rest of the year. Our son is exiting his dorm for home, as are all the other kids

Im here now and the kids are moving out. kind of weird

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
No problems here. Maybe I'll get laid more

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
Wife + Me = we usually are good
Wife + Me + 8yo daughter = causing stress after 1 day.

we are trying to divide the educational workload between the 2 of us, but my daughter refuses to work with me when mom is in house - causing issues

biggest item = UofHawaii student is supposed to get on plane and return to school. UofH is online until April 13 then back to class. That is adding new stress, since he does not want to follow house rules he had until he went to college
Sounds familiar. All 3 of ours went through similar. Told them if they wanted to be 100% adult they’re 100% off the payroll. I didn’t even need to list it out. They did the math.

Reactions: DLC

Nordie

Reaction score
Plenty of garage projects here, but she's for sure my best friend. We do have our own spaces though, and spend time together otherwise.

She did tell me she had a headache last night which was odd, that's never happened before. Should I be concerned, or should I wait for her to chop her hair off to get concerned?

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Friggen tax season is making it so I only see Mr. DB for about an hour each day. I'd like it a lot better if we could be locked up together! Miss that guy...

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Friggen tax season is making it so I only see Mr. DB for about an hour each day. I'd like it a lot better if we could be locked up together! Miss that guy...

My tax dudes office closed and had them all work remotely. I was supposed to go up there yesterday.

Backlash

Reaction score
I dont drive a clown car! That's that other gay-ass dude in Tahoe! 😁

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My tax dudes office closed and had them all work remotely. I was supposed to go up there yesterday.
Some of his staff have requested to work from home which is a new territory for them. He told me last night he feels like he needs to be there - all I can do is be supportive of his choice, nag about hand sanitizer, give him vitamins, and hope that this will end sooner than later.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
She retired some what 5 years ago when we moved to Havasu full time. She got a full time job at the Depot 6 months later!! I think that's telling me something!! :D

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Pretty solid here. We spend a great deal of time together every day. A few more hours each day wink hurt.

brgrcru

Reaction score
At the house we are perfect , after 31 years . Like most , garage and outside projects . Keep me busy , house chores and cooking keeps her busy .

At the business no way. I work the day bowlers shift , she works the night bowlers shift. Unless she needs me to fix something.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
At the house we are perfect , after 31 years . Like most , garage and outside projects . Keep me busy , house chores and cooking keeps her busy .

At the business no way. I work the day bowlers shift , she works the night bowlers shift. Unless she needs me to fix something.
Much like you, we worked together for decades. Lol, at work she always thought I was kind of an asshole😆 but thankfully I usually was capable of removing my boss hat when I got home.🙂

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
We are usually okay but with all that’s going on and the kids being stuck at home restless it’s been testing her patience and she’s been getting a little snappy. Tonight I learned saying “calm down” is not good. Haha.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
My only panic purchase was going to be a new home for me—. No joke

Gonna miss my girlfriend—joking