WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So the dock is gone.....

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Cruised in there this morning after breakfast at the Springs and the dock in the cove across from steamboat is gone. I know there was some injun drama about it, I dont recall it being taken out last year after Labor Day.

Singleton

Reaction score
Rumor is BLM got involved and requested that the registered owner remove the vessel from the river.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Found that out last week as well. Little bummed cause it was a cool spot to hang for a bit.

Taboma

Reaction score
Rumor is BLM got involved and requested that the registered owner remove the vessel from the river.

I thought Army Corp and BLM settled all this dock drama ten or so years ago, yet that one continued to remain while the others were removed years ago. I'd just assumed somebody tied it up in a long drawn out court case. Wasn't this one owned by a water ski club ?

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I thought Army Corp and BLM settled all this dock drama ten or so years ago, yet that one continued to remain while the others were removed years ago. I'd just assumed somebody tied it up in a long drawn out court case. Wasn't this one owned by a water ski club ?
Last i heard conquest boats had a play in it.

Can anybody confirm?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

H20Advantage

Reaction score
Last i heard conquest boats had a play in it.

Can anybody confirm?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Yes, It belonged to the owner of Conquest Boats. I to saw it was gone over the Labor Day weekend. It was a nice spot to get out of the sun on some of the very hot days.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
We had enjoyed this dock many times with our kids, grandkids and our dog. Great spot, great floating dock and very well kept. Our thanks go out to Conquest Boats and all who may have been involved. Maybe somehow, somebody feels they've made the Lake better by having that dock removed. This DID NOT MAKE IT BETTER!

X Hoser

Reaction score
We had one in there many years ago. The Indians said we were encroaching on their land and had to move it, or, pay them $10,000 a year rent to keep it there. We responded they only owned to the high water mark and we were anchored of shore. Somehow, they got enforcement rights from BLM and told us to move it, pay the $10,000 to them or face $1500 a day fine for violation of the "Inland Waters Navigational Act", saying we were blocking the right of way. Too much of a hassle, removed it.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Wayne Minor owned that dock?
Screenshot_20180925-134318_Chrome.jpg

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
there is one out there again

Hdgasser

Reaction score
Last I saw it was moved around the corner at the palms.

it’s been a while so who knows now tho. It was a great place to stop and have lunch!

F929D192-5CCF-4A68-9830-64AF8C0DC0C5.jpeg

AJ13

Reaction score
Riverwhips F---ed that one up. I hate saying their name as they have jacked up a lot of boating spots.
Its been gone all season. We went there in May and it was already gone. Have spend a few afternoons hanging out there.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Riverwhips F---ed that one up. I hate saying their name as they have jacked up a lot of boating spots.
Its been gone all season. We went there in May and it was already gone. Have spend a few afternoons hanging out there.
Internet blessings and curses.....info travels quickly/widely :(

PlanB

Reaction score

I hate that fucking site. I got into it with a chick on there that posted how to access the island trails that led down to the channel. I told her that she was a dumbass to announce that shit because it had been shutdown before, and was likely to get shutdown again if it got crowded. I got attacked by a bunch of other dumb chicks sticking up for her. Well, the trails are once again shutdown. That site has ruined a bunch of stuff out at the river.

LC925

Reaction score
I’ve never seen this said dock. But I can see how it would be a nice place to stop for lunch on it as long as there are no moon landings at the time!

AJ13

Reaction score
I hate that fucking site. I got into it with a chick on there that posted how to access the island trails that led down to the channel. I told her that she was a dumbass to announce that shit because it had been shutdown before, and was likely to get shutdown again if it got crowded. I got attacked by a bunch of other dumb chicks sticking up for her. Well, the trails are once again shutdown. That site has ruined a bunch of stuff out at the river.
I was on their Facebook page at the start and got off quick. I am blown away but how dumb some of the shit they talk about on there. They don't care if something gets shut down because of what they post. Its like they feel they are the cool people because they know some info they can brag about. I don't get it and ever will that is why I am not on there any more.

checkrd past

Reaction score
Yep, back in the 90's there were about 4 or 5 docks all around there. Lots of good chill times there.

Singleton

Reaction score
I was on their Facebook page at the start and got off quick. I am blown away but how dumb some of the shit they talk about on there. They don't care if something gets shut down because of what they post. Its like they feel they are the cool people because they know some info they can brag about. I don't get it and ever will that is why I am not on there any more.

left that FB group a couple seasons ago.
IMO, a bunch of folks that had no idea a dock existed found it and ruin it for those of us who did know it’s location and knew making public comments about it would lead to it being removed

D19

Reaction score
left that FB group a couple seasons ago.
IMO, a bunch of folks that had no idea a dock existed found it and ruin it for those of us who did know it’s location and knew making public comments about it would lead to it being removed

Whoever runs that site should have removed those postings and discouraged members from continued posts. Social media is revealing a lot of “hidden gems”. There’s pros and cons to it but in this case if the guy who runs river whips really gave a damn about the river he would be a lot more responsible about what gets posted on his page. I think the page is stupid and whoever runs it is a tool.

PlanB

Reaction score
Whoever runs that site should have removed those postings and discouraged members from continued posts. Social media is revealing a lot of “hidden gems”. There’s pros and cons to it but in this case if the guy who runs river whips really gave a damn about the river he would be a lot more responsible about what gets posted on his page. I think the page is stupid and whoever runs it is a tool.

The guy that owns I believe lives in Texas now. I don't think he gives a shit about what happens in Havasu and the rest of the surrounding river.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Social media ruins EVERYTHING!!! Hawaii is trashed by all the people that come to see and don’t give a crap about the outcome. Such a bummer

TeamGreene

Reaction score
And the whip thing is really fucking gay

She's Mine

Reaction score

I was trying to think of a time that group has done anything positive for the boating community. I am still thinking.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I was trying to think of a time that group has done anything positive for the boating community. I am still thinking.

It was just a money making scheme, they whored out the site to build followers, half of which had no idea what boating even was, in hopes of selling it, that didnt go as planned and both principals are back to their day jobs, it seems to have fizzled out since.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
It was just a money making scheme, they whored out the site to build followers, half of which had no idea what boating even was, in hopes of selling it, that didnt go as planned and both principals are back to their day jobs, it seems to have fizzled out since.
One can only hope the wick burns complete and is tossed in the rubbish bin.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Didn't even know about these docks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I remember as a kid we would always find a dock in most of the coves around black meadows. Alot of great fishing memories off those docks!

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Social media ruins EVERYTHING!!! Hawaii is trashed by all the people that come to see and don’t give a crap about the outcome. Such a bummer
I’ll try and be respectful when we come out in late October 😉

boatpi

Reaction score
Around the corner from The Palms is Whipple Cove, my fav spot for 30 years.