WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So They call me the Bully

Joker

Reaction score
I’m surprised you have any friends honestly.

You ever wonder if your “friends” let you go back to the dock ten minutes before them just so they don’t have to go back to the dock with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you always told me it was because your twins were faster than my single

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I like his posts, I find them educational from a technical standpoint.
I am all for educating the layman. I am not very knowlegable when it comes to boats. Motors, and most wheeled things in general, are more my background. Cam duration and centerline, and secret squirrel stuff, like varying pulsewidths for lean cylinders within given parameters. I am primarily on this board to learn about boats. I have met a handful of people, and it was not under beer drinking, good time circumstances.

The problem, in my eyes, stems from an individual popping in to callout, "Dave and his minions". Have I met Dave? Yes, see above, he was one of them. Do I give a rat's ass about "West Coast" or "East Coast" true tunnels, centerpods, I/O's and outboards? Yes and no. I am only interested in what works, and what doesn't. I am just kind of weird like that. I like to know how and why things work. No, probably not going to ever spend that kind of coin on a new boat. Everything you learn though, can usually be applied to something else.

Certain things though, represent no gain.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I am all for educating the layman. I am not very knowlegable when it comes to boats. Motors, and most wheeled things in general, are more my background. Cam duration and centerline, and secret squirrel stuff, like varying pulsewidths for lean cylinders within given parameters. I am primarily on this board to learn about boats. I have met a handful of people, and it was not under beer drinking, good time circumstances.

The problem, in my eyes, stems from an individual popping in to callout, "Dave and his minions". Have I met Dave? Yes, see above, he was one of them. Do I give a rat's ass about "West Coast" or "East Coast" true tunnels, centerpods, I/O's and outboards? Yes and no. I am only interested in what works, and what doesn't. I am just kind of weird like that. I like to know how and why things work. No, probably not going to ever spend that kind of coin on a new boat. Everything you learn though, can usually be applied to something else.

Certain things though, represent no gain.

In the spirit of this thread...Who you callin’ “layman”?!:D:D:p

CHECKERED_PAST

Reaction score
Nah when I get the chance (hopefully) to build a boat it will come down to a Top Gun, Outlerlimit, and the 39 Nordic V. I think about that daily lol.

So waiting to see the new Nordic V write up! Hint hint!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave - ....your wrong abut the credibility issue - the reason you, and this site have no credibility is because you MELT DOWN and so do all your Minions when anyone posts anything you don't personally like or agree with even if it is factual - and you MELT DOWN if anyone posts anything that does not support your favorite boat Mfg's - and you MELT DOWN if you are challanged about anything you don't have a genuine understanding of (which is a huge amount of things).... been that way since the very beginning - that's why this Blog has peaked, and why I rarely reply to anything

Hey Dave - there is a directional advantage in the river depending upon conditions that crates a "fake speed" reading - that was what I said - AND ITS TRUE AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT..... all the other sludge that came out of you about this doesent even have anything to do with what I wrote - which once again is TRUE.......

If the subject was written about a Skater or MTI you would have been fine with it - but because its a DCB you MELT DOWN - THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY because you cant get out of the way.... of yourself

And people KNOW why Paul wrote this in the 1st place and IT IS NOT to ask people to write big checks for new Outboard Boats.... THAT'S NOT THE REASON

But whatever..... I like Outboard Boats by the way, escpecially those HOME BUILT Garage rigged Wright Performance boats. Doug is actually a friend of mine and he builds a great piece - in his Garage according to your "Experts".... full of credibility, just brimming with it you and your Boys are....

LOL.. Show me one of these meltdowns that I supposedly do all the time?

The reality of it is you come on here about every six months and you post some absolutely ridiculous opinions.. Only they aren’t opinions because in your mind everyone is supposed to read them as nothing short of the word of god.

If you go back through all of your crazy remarks and any of our exchanges (please anyone take the time to do so) you will find I have been nothing short of tolerant and polite in everyone of them. (Melting down?)

So let me shed some light on some reality for you Greg. You aren’t in the marine industry.. As much as you want to be, and as important as you think you are, you aren’t. You check booked your way through a few offshore races and bought a couple of boats. This does not make one a professional, that makes one recreational.

It was just a few months ago you were lecturing us about Real Estate and once again dropping gospel on everything and obviously us lowly mortals don’t know anything.

Curious to see if ya ever went back to see how all that turned out?

The house you said would sit forever was sold rather quickly. The twin house the same guy owned was sold immediately after that, and I think there was a third in there as well somewhere.

So again you have bought and sold a few houses, this does not mean you are a “professional” or an expert in Real Estate. Virtually every single thing you said went backwards to your “expert” opinions.

To get back to the point though of answering your claims to credibility or lack there of..

Industry people, manufacturers and such, pay me for my opinions and “credibility.” If what you were saying were true then why do your heroes write me checks? That in a nutshell should sum up about where you are at in the food chain of this industry.

Nobody has heard of you Greg Reichman, and nobody puts even an ounce of give a shit into your gospel opinions and it drives you crazy which is why you are always attacking me and this place.

You consider yourself an accomplished individual.. Why are you so miserable?

(How’s your granite coming along by the way.. lol).

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave is a nice guy. That doesn't mean all of us have to kiss his ass nor agree with him all the time. Just my opinion

Nobody said anyone does or had too? I appreciate everyone’s opinions even when I disagree with them.

CLA

Reaction score
Paul, great thread...…...lol I'm doing my part for the economy, the 36 has a lot of upkeep. I'm almost sold on the OB's but I wish they made some noise or had a switchable exhaust if you wanted sound.

19da.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
better get the docktagon ready lol

I’d actually have to care about his opinions for them to bother me.

When he first came on here he wrote me this long private message about who he is and “racing background” and yada yada yada.. When I didn’t apparently kiss the ring so to speak it bothered him to the core..

I know a ton of guys that went offshore racing for a bit, that doesn’t make them experts on anything. Hell Tim McDonald check booked his way into CRC for a number of years (on other people’s money).

This guy is another checkbook offshore racer. Lol. (Expert.. right up until their not)

Tank

Reaction score
Paul, great thread...…...lol I'm doing my part for the economy, the 36 has a lot of upkeep. I'm almost sold on the OB's but I wish they made some noise or had a switchable exhaust if you wanted sound.

View attachment 816528

That pic is AWESOME! The more you look at it, the cooler it is. It's like one of those games - how many awesome things can you spot in this pic?! All the way down to the cool GT BMX bike LOL

untitled.png

CLA

Reaction score
That pic is AWESOME! The more you look at it, the cooler it is. It's like one of those games - how many awesome things can you spot in this pic?! All the way down to the cool GT BMX bike LOL

View attachment 816529
lol, thanks Tank. I take my toys kinda serious...…..that's what the wife says.

Tank

Reaction score
lol, thanks Tank. I take my toys kinda serious...…..that's what the wife says.
I just don't see where you find the time to play with it all! Good on you!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

View attachment 816528

The new 450’s have switchable exhaust! (I made your picture larger for ya btw)

Reactions: CLA

Riverryder

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what thos hoses are above the prop? Out drive shower?

Tank

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what thos hoses are above the prop? Out drive shower?

Aerators to reduce blow out.

Great video explaining it (though the waters a bit murky, it explains it really well). Main thing I've noticed with them is you don't get the "blow out" where the boat RPMs jump way up and you can actually feel the prop come lose while getting on plane.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
For another zero we let people ban people. :D
Is that like a lease agreement, or a month by month basis?

View attachment 816528
That's a nice toy box you have going over there;)

Reactions: CLA

mbrown2

Reaction score
Looks like Cane Garden Bay gas docks....now that's boating!

98e6c025-4494-45ea-bc51-c0508f7b9cc5-jpeg.816235

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Btw, the merc/simrad gps dont work unless the engine is running.
Hour meter doesn't keep rolling time like the older stuff, so the "run it on the trailer to get a gps #" also shows incredible ignorance.

#asshat.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It was pretty cold today. Did not get my number but I was not able to go to my preferred spot. RD can you please authorize this GPS number? Thank you.

No can do buddy, clearly running down river in that vid and I wasn’t able to stand on the back.

Reactions: SJP

River Runnin

Reaction score
It was pretty cold today. Did not get my number but I was not able to go to my preferred spot. RD can you please authorize this GPS number? Thank you.

Looks like in front of Windser, or outside the Bouy line in front of Channel entrance! ...:F'nShrugEmojiHere: ;)

Tank

Reaction score

Your outtie must've turned into an innie today!
BRRRRRRRRRRR.

CLA

Reaction score

Awesome.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

View attachment 816528

Sorry that took so long was dealing with some phone glitches today.

It’s pretty far away but gives you an idea of the sound of two supercharged V8’s humming along at 6,000 rpm.

They actually run different ignition and fuel maps in “sport mode” to make it sound better. ;).

DCB M33 with twin 450’s. (BTW this was filmed on the day that N2B laid claim the numbers had to be derived from heading down river.). The boat was fueled with 110 gallons of fuel and had two people at the time it ran the number, on the lake, with the cowlings on the motors. (yes you can pick up 2-3 mph by taking them off currently)

RD

Last edited:

attitude

Reaction score
Sorry that took so long was dealing with some phone glitches today.

It’s pretty far away but gives you an idea of the sound of two supercharged V8’s humming along at 6,000 rpm.

They actually run different ignition and fuel maps in “sport mode” to make it sound better. ;).

DCB M33 with twin 450’s. (BTW this was filmed on the day that N2B laid claim the numbers had to be derived from heading down river.). The boat was fueled with 110 gallons of fuel and had two people at the time it ran the number, on the lake, with the cowlings on the motors. (yes you can pick up 2-3 mph by taking them off currently)

RD
What’s up with the little scoops they added to the cowlings on the m33?

attitude

Reaction score
Haven’t seen that?
I saw it idling through the channel during the RDP regatta weekend and each motor had a scoop that came off the back/top of the cowling and stuck in the air a couple inches.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
LOL.. Show me one of these meltdowns that I supposedly do all the time?

The reality of it is you come on here about every six months and you post some absolutely ridiculous opinions.. Only they aren’t opinions because in your mind everyone is supposed to read them as nothing short of the word of god.

If you go back through all of your crazy remarks and any of our exchanges (please anyone take the time to do so) you will find I have been nothing short of tolerant and polite in everyone of them. (Melting down?)

So let me shed some light on some reality for you Greg. You aren’t in the marine industry.. As much as you want to be, and as important as you think you are, you aren’t. You check booked your way through a few offshore races and bought a couple of boats. This does not make one a professional, that makes one recreational.

It was just a few months ago you were lecturing us about Real Estate and once again dropping gospel on everything and obviously us lowly mortals don’t know anything.

Curious to see if ya ever went back to see how all that turned out?

The house you said would sit forever was sold rather quickly. The twin house the same guy owned was sold immediately after that, and I think there was a third in there as well somewhere.

So again you have bought and sold a few houses, this does not mean you are a “professional” or an expert in Real Estate. Virtually every single thing you said went backwards to your “expert” opinions.

To get back to the point though of answering your claims to credibility or lack there of..

Industry people, manufacturers and such, pay me for my opinions and “credibility.” If what you were saying were true then why do your heroes write me checks? That in a nutshell should sum up about where you are at in the food chain of this industry.

Nobody has heard of you Greg Reichman, and nobody puts even an ounce of give a shit into your gospel opinions and it drives you crazy which is why you are always attacking me and this place.

You consider yourself an accomplished individual.. Why are you so miserable?

(How’s your granite coming along by the way.. lol).

Just curious with all your boating experience how many offshore races you were involved in either as a driver or throttles?

You seem to have good knowledge of the havasu real estate market. You (yourself) are a licensed real estate agent in the city? Just curious as my house is going on the market soon.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Just curious with all your boating experience .

Pretty soon he won’t have time for anything.

He’s going to have to going on everyone’s boat to give the @RiverDave speed certificate.
Because if he didn’t ride in the boat with his gps the speeds you claim don’t mean anything!

Riverryder

Reaction score
@bullheadbully

I see why you made this thread now. Everyone’s seems to be in a mood to just argue but nothing lately. Think I know why!

Because it’s not summer and we don’t get to be on our boats as much seeing girls in bikinis and burning fuel!
I feel it! Toke my boat out 2 times last in the passed 4 weeks and no bikinis! Makes me kind of sad and temperamental! Haha