WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So where's everybody offroading/camping for Thanksgiving weekend?

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
Havasu obviously, but specifically the So Cal peeps?

Worked all weekend on my trailer and toys, going somewhere, just not sure where!
First time going solo on a big weekend, had enough of our neighbors drunkin' shenanigans...

Post it up!

yz450mm

Reaction score
I'm So Cal and would normally stay local, but I'm supposed to join a group out at standard wash in Havasu Thursday to Sunday. Not a hundred percent sure yet, but it'll be my first time off roading in Havasu if it works out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mototrig

Reaction score
Glamis wash 10. Gonna smoke a turkey and deep fry a turkey. About 30 of us!! Leaving Tuesday night so the kids will have a solid day to ride on Wednesday with less crowd.
Ride on!!!

yz450mm

Reaction score
Glamis pad 5 or 3 just listen for my ego booster Wednesday through Sunday
Hell yeah, I'm going to fire up mine right now just to make myself feel better about... Myself...[emoji23]
20181118_182407.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Wife, kids and I will be in Topock...Thursday will be a mix of grazing, and getting bikes fired back up. BIL and his girl going to Glamis for boozefest, so low key this year at our pad. Probably ride and target shoot this weekend, redneck family traditions.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Thanksgiving for me has been spent at Glamis or havasu. My little guy is only a month old and I just picked up my toyhauler. No time to go this year :( hoping to make my sons first trip around New Years :)

Have fun and be safe

Run your ego booster for 24 hours straight to celebrate in earnest.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Well we were planning to go over the hill and try a new spot but this fire deal has me worried. Last time we left during the pre-rain dryer than heck fall period the Lobo fire hit and we were in Tennessee. I was worried sick about my Mom.
So, we are going to stay home. We put the cover on the 5th wheel today. Sucks.
Supposed to get some rain towards the end of the week. I sure hope so.
Have two trips planned for next year already, and tenetive target for a 3rd. If spring comes in March we will be off again.
TPC if you are reading this we have confirmed the viability of that camp spot way hell and gone up in the end of that valley. That is trip #1. When we nail down a date you will be notified first...It is 28 miles from the hwy....

Mototrig

Reaction score
It’s pretty packed I just got home Was there Wednesday till Sunday
ItsI usually packed all week. But we camp DEEP into the wash right up against the small dunes. There's usually no other camp behind us and sometimes we even have 3 open sides. If I get there early enough I can red tape a few areas and the "neighborhood" kids take over those areas. Below are a couple of cool shots of the kiddos
IMG_20171122_111010042.jpg
IMG_20171122_165645715.jpg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I haven't been out to Glamis since 2000, maybe 2001. Sold my JSC, all my buddies were building long travel cars. Now that I have kids, really thinking about finding an old school SCU beam car 4/5 seater. Something to bomb around Topock, and toss in the trailer for a Dune trip a couple times a year. How are the dunes these days, crowded, chaotic...full of jack-holes like the river on holidays?

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Headed to Dumont Tuesday-sat. Been 3yrs since last time. So Much work to get ready, 7hr drive, and then to clean up after, sometimes wonder if it's worth it.

gqchris

Reaction score
Keeping it local. Stoddard Wells Fri-Sun

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Same here. Or Cougar Butte in Johnson Valley. Gotta decide if I want to be with my buddies neighbors and their shenanigans.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Ocotillo thurs-sun
IMG_0907.jpg

We are out across the highway from blowsand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

renodaytona

Reaction score
We are planning on doing a full day Saturday in the hills east of Reno/Sparks or the North Valleys we haven't come to an agreement on that yet. Not sure how many we have going yet but sounds like a pretty large group of side by sides.

69hondo

Reaction score
@3.Slow and I will be in Johnson Valley at the Soggy dry lake bed with a few other rigs. Leaving chino around 7:00 pm thanksgiving day. Plenty of room for others.

We will be just west of you on Anderson dry lake bed.

K-DOG

Reaction score
We will be at Ocotillo Wells Thursday - Sunday. Some friends have a big compound out there, will be about 45 people.

UHHH SUCKA

Reaction score
ItsI usually packed all week. But we camp DEEP into the wash right up against the small dunes. There's usually no other camp behind us and sometimes we even have 3 open sides. If I get there early enough I can red tape a few areas and the "neighborhood" kids take over those areas. Below are a couple of cool shots of the kiddos View attachment 703121 View attachment 703122
That's usually what I try to do also in Wash 6. Leaving Tuesday night as well.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Ocotillo Wells from Wednesday Night thru Sunday morning. We usually have a large group of 50-60 people every year.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We are hanging around Havasu all wee / weekend. Definitely up for some off-roading! On Friday some friends to a trip out to a coral out here and the group has gotten pretty big. I might roll with them to check it out. :).

Other than that pretty much down for whatever / whenever!

Albert

Reaction score
:rolleyes:Was going to be Parker staying local Johnson Valley break in the Can am or break the can am :eek:

JSquared

M31
Reaction score
Pirate Cove over here through Sunday. Off-roading and eating, booyah

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Leaving tomorrow mid morning to Calico for a couple of days then finish off in Death Valley area to come home on Tue.

chaser

Reaction score
Dumont for me, Friday thru Sunday....
Heard about some races there on Friday an Saturday.

69hondo

Reaction score
I keep a lookout for any RDP stickers or shirts.
I'll be in the Rhino with a 3x5 American flag "Safeglo" whip on it.

Right on man, I will keep an eye out as well. I am in a red buggy with an all red whip with 3x5 american flag thin blue line.