WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So where's everybody offroading/camping for Thanksgiving weekend?

LAVEYNICK

Reaction score
Johnson Valley for us.
IMG_3564.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LAVEYNICK

Reaction score
Johnson Valley for us.
Where do you camp and ride there? I haven’t been in ten plus years
The picture above is off of Stoddard wells road but this weekend we are going towards Means Dry Lake. Its is farther down the 247 towards Landers. We like it a lot better, not as whooped out.

240Hallett

Reaction score
Johnson Valley for us.

The picture above is off of Stoddard wells road but this weekend we are going towards Means Dry Lake. Its is farther down the 247 towards Landers. We like it a lot better, not as whooped out.
Are you talking about Boone Road? How is the road going in? We are going out with our kids. Their normal spot is Stoddard also so they’re not real familiar with the Boone Road area.

LAVEYNICK

Reaction score
Are you talking about Boone Road? How is the road going in? We are going out with our kids. Their normal spot is Stoddard also so they’re not real familiar with the Boone Road area.
Yup that's it. The road is not bad at all, at least the first week of October it wasn't. I just take it slow with the toy hauler. Usually not as crowded as Stoddard Wells Rd but sure this weekend it will be crowded. I like it much better but takes a little longer getting out there. If you go, look for my trailer and flag and have a beverage.

guest hs

Reaction score
Taking our JK to Parker going to camp and watch the boat races then a little wheeling by Bluewater

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Red Mountain, 16 miles east of 395 on the way to Trona. About 30 people doing a potluck on Thursday and Friday. Bikes will range from a 73 CZ and two 79 Husky 390's to a couple 2017-18 big bore Suzukis and Kawasakis. My son just bought an RMZ 250 and this will be its maiden voyage.

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
Red Mountain, formerly known as Osdick?
Lol...

How far past Four Corners is that?

renodaytona

Reaction score
Looks like a change of plans possibly for us. Might be heading out to Sand Mountain NV for a day trip Saturday.

cakemoto

Reaction score
So it looks like I’ll be going to Glamis after all, leaving Friday morning early

First time with new rzr, toyhauler, baby and wife lol. I haven’t been since 2013.
Good luck finding a spot to camp ..lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Everyone is meeting at the hacienda mini mart at 8:30 pm to go off-roading. Mini mart is at the corner of McCulloch and Jamaica!

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Typical rdp shit.. supposed to be at the mini mart at 8:30 and wife’s not home and we are waiting on others. Running late

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
Red Mountain, 16 miles east of 395 on the way to Trona. About 30 people doing a potluck on Thursday and Friday. Bikes will range from a 73 CZ and two 79 Husky 390's to a couple 2017-18 big bore Suzukis and Kawasakis. My son just bought an RMZ 250 and this will be its maiden voyage.
Doesn’t that put you somewhere within a mile of the pinnacles? I didn’t know you could camp way out there.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Stayed home for the holiday and hosted Thanksgiving at my place but I am heading to Perris Raceway tomorrow morning to break in the new bike.
IMG_6696.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Woke up to a beautiful morning and we gassed up the X3 for lunch in Randsberg and a long lap around Red Mountain then up to Wagon Wheel.

475C68B6-19F2-4F6D-80B6-3363A61B2DB5.jpeg

BF3FA03B-C345-4BC1-A554-55C81E90F735.jpeg

We hung out at the Joint for an hour and the bar conversations went from Bultacos to smoking Tri Tip with red oak. Tri Tip still scarce or unknown in most the USA we hear from other visitors at the bar.

Walking up the street in Randsberg couldn’t take but a few steps and then a few steps more and met someone we knew as far back as my Jeeping and Bulltaco days to our neighbors across our street. They had a LEO friend with them that looked at me like I was a dog that bit him.

Best food at the General Store, cheapest at the White House Saloon and ya get what you pay for.
Best bar with the best employees and visitors is the Joint. Reasonable prices IMHO.

Today we head to the Burro Schmidt tunnel.
We'll stay in camp until Wednesday winds and rain allowing. Been on the road with the RV since before Halloween on our no assholes tour.

In Dumont one fuckball was told not to even camp with our group so he was about a 1/4 mile away, one was was told he gets a life flite if he causes any more trouble and another is being shunned by others in the group and doesn't get it,, yet. These are all seasoned duners driving and riding various vehicles. Assholes span all the demographics. They come out to be fuckers to others more than to enjoy personal motor sports.
Haters must have failed at something most tragic in their lives.

Seems like the LEOs were leaving people alone. In the past, Dove Springs seems to mostly have the lEO issues and that drove us off. We're spread way to thin out here to draw any attention.

Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Woke up to a beautiful morning and we gassed up the X3 for lunch in Randsberg and a long lap around Red Mountain then up to Wagon Wheel.

View attachment 704454
View attachment 704455

We hung out at the Joint for an hour and the bar conversations went from Bultacos to smoking Tri Tip with red oak. Tri Tip still scarce or unknown in most the USA we hear from other visitors at the bar.

Walking up the street in Randsberg couldn’t take but a few steps and then a few steps more and met someone we knew as far back as my Jeeping and Bulltaco days to our neighbors across our street. They had a LEO friend with them that looked at me like I was a dog that bit him.

Best food at the General Store, cheapest at the White House Saloon and ya get what you pay for.
Best bar with the best employees and visitors is the Joint. Reasonable prices IMHO.

Today we head to the Burro Schmidt tunnel.
We'll stay in camp until Wednesday winds and rain allowing. Been on the road with the RV since before Halloween on our no assholes tour.

In Dumont one fuckball was told not to even camp with our group so he was about a 1/4 mile away, one was was told he gets a life flite if he causes any more trouble and another is being shunned by others in the group and doesn't get it,, yet. These are all seasoned duners driving and riding various vehicles. Assholes span all the demographics. They come out to be fuckers to others more than to enjoy personal motor sports.
Haters must have failed at something most tragic in their lives.

Seems like the LEOs were leaving people alone. In the past, Dove Springs seems to mostly have the lEO issues and that drove us off. We're spread way to thin out here to draw any attention.

Every group has at least one asshole. If you’re group doesn’t have an asshole... you’re probably the asshole lol

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
So glad Rvrbound is all good!!!

Ended up going to El Mirage, close and easy for us. Took our dog "Dave" for a ride in the SxS. Really windy the whole time except for Saturday night. Drove our Can Am and rode the Yamaha for a tank of gas each, at a fast pace, So much fun!
Friday night after cocktails took my buddies electric scooter for a spin on the lake bed.

FYI
15 mph electric front wheel drive scooters with three inch tires are prone to crashing in the dirt.
I've got road rash on my ass and a knot on my forehead...

Best laugh I've had in a long time. Laying on my back in the dirt.:D

IMG_5699.JPG
IMG_5732.JPG
IMG_5699.JPG
IMG_5732.JPG
IMG_5732.JPG
IMG_5734.JPG

IMG_5713.JPG

RACER J

Reaction score
We were camped in Rosamond all week, just behind Tehachapi. It was pretty windy all week but still had a good time.
FB_IMG_1543252275340.jpg
20181119_152413.jpg
20181119_152421.jpg

JayBreww

Reaction score
IMG_0929.jpg

And now to get all the shit (literally) out of the trailer. Drove by this line yesterday and it was at least 15 trailers deep.
Today I’m 3rd in line.
Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk