WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So who has had the Vid?

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I know H20 Toie, Grads and Tamale Wagon have posted about it. I just got tested this morning and came back positive.

Saturday morning had a slight cough. Slight headache. Slight congestion and runny nose. Really minor.

Sunday no cough, slight headache, but muscle and joint pain was pretty severe. I worked all day.

Monday bad joint and muscle aches, minor headache.

Today mostly joint and muscle aches. Minor headache.

Treating with Dayquil and the Opioid Tramadol for pain. That is working for me. Have to isolate at home... sucks for the Thanksgiving holiday. Wife is worried she may have it, but had only a minor cough on Saturday and no other symptoms. Canceling on our guests I am sure.

bonechip`

Reaction score
I had it, about a month and a half ago, started with sniffles for a day or two, then woke up on third day could not smell or taste anything, went a got tested, came back positive, lasted, about 6 or 7 day's, my case was more of an annoyance than anything, to tell you the truth, I am glad I got it I feel a little liberated about it now, I really don't worry about it anymore.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Dude sorry to hear that,
What the doctors have told me that 10 days from first positive test you are no longer considered contagious.
time to get some rest, i was fine first 2 days but weekend sucked big time, yesterday and today only minor headache and stuffy

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I know H20 Toie, Grads and Tamale Wagon have posted about it. I just got tested this morning and came back positive.

Saturday morning had a slight cough. Slight headache. Slight congestion and runny nose. Really minor.

Sunday no cough, slight headache, but muscle and joint pain was pretty severe. I worked all day.

Monday bad joint and muscle aches, minor headache.

Today mostly joint and muscle aches. Minor headache.

Treating with Dayquil and the Opioid Tramadol for pain. That is working for me. Have to isolate at home... sucks for the Thanksgiving holiday. Wife is worried she may have it, but had only a minor cough on Saturday and no other symptoms. Canceling on our guests I am sure.

Some would call that a normal weekend.

500bbc

Reaction score
Wife had it, didn't stop working but from home.
Pulse/oxygen sensor is good to have, $30.00 at CVS.
Vitamins D,C and zinc prescribed by her doctor. I didn't get it.

4Waters

Reaction score
Heard they are having a major outbreak in Quartzsite, HRMC is at capacity, and to steer clear of Havasu and Parker. 😲
Big outbreak in Ventura County as well, I know LA County people will want to come here to eat outdoors but for your safety please stay out.

bonechip`

Reaction score
i havent tested, but on sun the 15th noticed when making coffee i could not smell it, also couldnt taste it. until then i had what i consider my normal allergy sinus crap that ive dealt with all my life. ive had no fever, but have had the extreme fatigue and muscle/joint pain and some increased sinus pressures and headache. now i still cant smell, and can only taste a little bit, and just feel hungover basically.
Yea you had it, the loss of taste and smell is a big symptom, but hey if you think like me, now you have the antibodies to it, to me it makes the getting the vaccine decision a little easier, I don't think I was going to get the vaccine anyway

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Yea you had it, the loss of taste and smell is a big symptom, but hey if you think like me, now you have the antibodies to it, to me it makes the getting the vaccine decision a little easier, I don't think I was going to get the vaccine anyway
I read a few articles that you can still get Covid even if you already had it. Your immunity only lasts so long. Don't know how true it is. 🤔

jones performance

Reaction score

im pretty sure of it. the extreme fatigue is another biggie.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
My mother in law is in a full time hospice like care facility. She’s totally incapacitated from Brain Cancer and stuck in a bed 24/7. It’s actually pretty sad to watch her like that.

Anyways, two weeks ago Covid blew through the entire facility. One of the staff brought into the facility and it was like wildfire.

Zero deaths and my MIL has recovered [emoji2369]

4Waters

Reaction score
im pretty sure of it. the extreme fatigue is another biggie.
I had the fatigue at the end of July, lasted 7 or 8 days, it was fatigue like I've never experienced before and then just disappeared, that was the only symptom I had, never got tested because it didn't click in my head that I might have had it for a few weeks.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Oh man, sorry to hear.

My in-laws, and basically my wife’s entire side of the family had it. Mostly minor flu symptoms, but some had no symptoms.

Mrs Pronstar’s baby obstetrician told us not to worry at all about it. So we aren’t.

Load up on vitamin D, seems that’s a common deficiency among people who get the ‘vid bad.

Hang in there brother, we’re praying for ya.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Than you all for posting believable first hand info. Very much appreciated!

4Waters

Reaction score
No they are not. Don’t believe and spread all the bullshit.
tenor (5).gif

🤣

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Good friends wife got it. Somehow he didn't get it and they didn't isolate from each other. That's the 2nd person I know like that now.

Her sister and parents got it. Basically all on the mend now. Her parents are not on great shape.. overweight and diabetic and in there late 60s. Both of them had low O2 stats and were kinda stubborn about getting treatment. But they finally went to the docs and are getting better.

His wife is high up in one of the kiasers. What they are starting see is kinda a roller coaster of symptoms even after you think you recovered people are having some bad days for few months. Like if you woke up today fine but then tomorrow you felt like shit again and so on. Sounds shitty but tolerable.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I read a few articles that you can still get Covid even if you already had it. Your immunity only lasts so long. Don't know how true it is. 🤔

The nurses at my wife's hospital who have had it are now testing negative for antibodies after 3 months. They are all young and handled it fine.

Numbers at her hospital are going up though they are dealing with it pretty well. Last week they were at 35 patients. This week they are at 60. The patients are moving through with remedisvir and steroid cocktail which is what I believe they gave Trump. Early intervention is key if your o2 counts drop at all go in. Otherwise you should be good.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Wife and I both had it at Halloween along with 12 other friends. We both lost taste and smell. My wife had a fever and felt flu like for about a week. I never had a fever, but had a headache and my legs were really sore. Like a charlie horse in my thighs. Lost taste for two days, smell for a week.

We took lots of vitamin C and zinc. Drank a lot of orange juice and gatoraide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Javajoe

Reaction score
I just found out tonight an Architect I know just died from it. Caught it in his office here in Riverside. Last time I saw him he seemed pretty healthy. Caught it a month ago, went to hospital 2 weeks ago and just died. Pretty sad

Husqy510

Reaction score
Got it at the end of September and was pretty sick for a few days, fever, aches, congestion, etc... The heartburn was actually the worst. Took vitamin c, d, zinc, Zantac and aspirin.

At my fire department we've had about 250 people test positive, 20 or so hospitalizations and one death. I'm 39, eat well and exercise everyday, definitely don't want my parents to get it.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Customer had it in January
Son had it in February
Friend had it in April
Friend’s daughter had it in July
Customer‘s daughter had it last week

Wife and I have been living life for 50+ years now. Just going to continue on as best we can. Son asked what if you get it dad? I will be proactive and get to the doctors at the first sign of anything. I am not going to live my life in fear of a virus. Going to take a logical approach and be careful.

Rogers Hopeful

Reaction score
Pretty sure I had back in February. sore throat (2weeks), chills (2days), achy (2weeks), and exhaustion (1week). Couldn't walk 500ft without getting winded. I still have a cough every few weeks. feels like I'm gonna cough up a lung then won't cough for a couple weeks.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Does it feel like a hangover? Dizzy, maybe slightly nauseous with fatigue?

Last edited:

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
My grandmother tested positive Friday. Got up to go to the bathroom Saturday and fell down because she got dizzy from it. Broken hip, Broken Arm and Broken collarbone. She had surgery Saturday and seems to be recovering.

My grandfather tested positive today. He’s 84 and has been completely asymptomatic.

My wife’s ex husband has it. My step kids are quarantined with him and will be through the holiday. His symptoms have been pretty mild.

A group of people in our crew got together for a birthday party on Friday the 13th. So far 6 of the 11 have tested positive. They’ve all been in pretty rough shape but nobody has been in the hospital and they all seem to be on the mend now.

I’ve been having a hard time breathing the last couple days, coughing, mild fever, dizzy spells off and on. My bio kids have been coughing as well. I’m getting tested tomorrow and the kids are getting tested Friday. Pretty sure we have a cold but taking precautions and doing the quarantine gig. I’m hoping we have it and can look past this whole damn thing soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
One of my customers just called up to confess that she is the source. She had super mild cold symptoms prior to a meeting. We did not mask up or keep distance. She didn't seem sick. But I guess she was contagious. She and her 84 year old mother both have it, but pretty mild. They are living in a hotel during their remodel.

My wife seem asymptomatic. My son tested negative as of this morning. My neighbor across the street who has been in our house a few times looking at my bathroom renovation just let me know he has a fever. He's probably got it now. But will get tested to confirm. So that is proof it spreads easily among people in close proximity. None of us were yelling or spitting... just talking.

Today still just a bit sore in the joints and back. Minor headache. No change it senses of taste and smell.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
If you are feeling really bad, consider a Mobile IV.

I felt like crap in February, a really bad sore throat, like swallowing glass. I wen’t to the Dr. and she gave me a strep throat test, which came back negative. At that point a really bad sore throat wasn’t a symptom...not sure if I had it or not.

I ordered a double IV with a lot of B vitamins etc. Nurse came to the house, gave it to me and was gone in about 45 minutes.

I started feeling a little better the next morning.

In Phoenix

Last edited:

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
One of my customers just called up to confess that she is the source. She had super mild cold symptoms prior to a meeting. We did not mask up or keep distance. She didn't seem sick. But I guess she was contagious. She and her 84 year old mother both have it, but pretty mild. They are living in a hotel during their remodel.

My wife seem asymptomatic. My son tested negative as of this morning. My neighbor across the street who has been in our house a few times looking at my bathroom renovation just let me know he has a fever. He's probably got it now. But will get tested to confirm. So that is proof it spreads easily among people in close proximity. None of us were yelling or spitting... just talking.

Today still just a bit sore in the joints and back. Minor headache. No change it senses of taste and smell.
Geez this is a good thread to build our awareness.... the tv news has me kinda turned off and not trusting anything.... this is a place where we're all being very honest reporting our experiences. I don't have anything to report but I did go out to my neighborhood bar two weeks ago and gave hugs to several folks I hadn't seen since March. That behavior stops now... I needed a reminder.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Customer had it in January
Son had it in February
Friend had it in April
Friend’s daughter had it in July
Customer‘s daughter had it last week

Wife and I have been living life for 50+ years now. Just going to continue on as best we can. Son asked what if you get it dad? I will be proactive and get to the doctors at the first sign of anything. I am not going to live my life in fear of a virus. Going to take a logical approach and be careful.

King Kermit, and Lord Caldwell created one hell of a culture of fear, and narcs that I never thought I'd see back home. I was treated like a prisoner when I flew home for business in August...not something I will forget.

rickym20

Reaction score
I am like most here who don’t like the mask and try and not use them any time I can. I work for a good size Construction company that enforce the mask so that’s not an option for me at work. We have had multiple cases at work or on Jobsite guys get it and after the 2 weeks or so come back .

We recently had a guy 52 years old (Great guy/X-Army ranger-American badass )get a complicated case after a few weeks it attacked his weak lungs. Unfortunately he did not survive the virus once it started causing blood clots in his blood streams. Sad deal for sure and a eye opener at same time. Before that it was never close to home.

I am not saying that everyone needs to be on high alert since high percentages show that but if you do have a weak immune system , it is something to take serious. I am happy to read that others who have complications beat it like normal but don’t let you guard down completely.

RaceTec

Reaction score
Almost entire shop had it in January, some worse than others. My 67 year old sales manager and a number of us never missed a day of work, we had no clue. Then one of my guys had a heart attack in June and they tested him, he had it. So I had the entire shop shut down and test. Most were clear, a couple had it with no symptoms, and the few of us had the antibodies. (I only paid for a few of us to get the antibody test it was expensive!) I think most of us had it in January after SEMA and PRI and then we got exposed again from somewhere else? My guess is that you can get it after being exposed a second time but have little to no symptoms? Basically you would just be a carrier at that point. I think MILLIONS of people have had it and not been tested, we had a hard time getting tested in June if you had no symptoms, I had to write my guys notes saything that they had been exposed. The entire thing is weird and shady. You couldn't get tested for over 7 months unless you were showing severe symptoms? Just take care of yourself as best you can, and it will hopefully pass soon!

River Runnin

Reaction score
No they are not. Don’t believe and spread all the bullshit.
Ya! You're Fooking right! I just heard it from Peps at Black rock, and when I went to Parker the other day, they had 2 pop-up outside ER for checking in whoever!
I still go to town But I'll make sure I don't spread anymore BullShit!

And this may or may not be BullShit! Up to y'all! https://www.mohavecounty.us

Last edited:

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Ya! You're Fooking right! I just heard it from Peps at Black rock, and when I went to Parker the other day, they had 2 pop-up outside ER for checking in whoever!
I still go to town But I'll make sure I don't spread anymore BullShit!

And this may or may not be BullShit! Up to y'all! https://www.mohavecounty.us
I didn't know much about La Paz, but it sure has shot up again in Mohave, we had been down to Zero or one or two cases a day, now we're back up to 15 - 20 cases a day in Havasu and 100 in the county.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
If that's true, everyone is fucked and quarantine lasts forever under current protocol....
I sure hope not.
I had it in July

Reactions: DWC

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
If that's true, everyone is fucked and quarantine lasts forever under current protocol....
I sure hope not.
I had it in July

Pretty sure my friends had it February. One of em recently tested positive for the antibodies, and the other one came back negative.

The wife now has a heart condition that she never had before.

Fuck covid.

rumdad

Reaction score
Pretty sure my friends had it February. One of em recently tested positive for the antibodies, and the other one came back negative.

The wife now has a heart condition that she never had before.

Fuck covid.
If you don't mind my asking, what is her heart condition?

I tested negative for the antibodies last month but I'm almost certain I had it back in January and developed Afib because of it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Medical workers are the first to receive the vaccinations.
Word is the first vaccination to arrive will be a two visit injection on seperate days. Read that: first and hold the thought other companies vaccinations may be much different.
Side effects with the first are headache, fever, chills, fatigue and other maladies for 24 hours.

It'll be interesting to see who wusses out and baulks on the vaccination because of the side effects or the twice needling.
Also watch for the media to sensationalize the side effects. No doubt hang Trumps name on it somehow.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
If you don't mind my asking, what is her heart condition?

I tested negative for the antibodies last month but I'm almost certain I had it back in January and developed Afib because of it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It hasn't been fully diagnosed yet. Shoot me a PM in a couple of weeks. Hopefully they will know more soon.