Reaction score
You ain't squat till you got this,
BACK LIT GRANITE COUNTERTOP
so cool how the light shows through rock
just installed on one of my new custom home designs
IMG_2601.jpg

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
Don't have a finished picture but here's the beginning of the layout. 12 x 12 LED tiles.
They have to be cut in 1/10th increments. Figure out your cuts and spread them out over three or four tiles so you can cut on the "tenth".
Miscut and they don't work. PITA...:D
$3500. in materials only for the tiles and transformers on this little island.
Looks bad ass though!
IMG_20191022_134706877.jpg

Last edited:

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
Wanted to do the kitchen island also but the slabs were on a slow boat and buddy did not want to wait. Would of been 6k just for the lighting on the island. His kids bathroom we did the vanity. View attachment 866507
that looks great....first thing that went through my mind was I wonder if women would prefer this kind of light for make up over natural light from a sky light...sorry I got to think of stuff like that.... all day......everyday :rolleyes: cuz we all know it's the better half that makes the actual new home purchase decision...LOL

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
Don't have a finished picture but here's the beginning of the layout. 12 x 12 LED tiles.
They have to be cut in 1/10th increments. Figure out your cuts and spread them out over three or four tiles so you can cut on the "tenth".
Looks bad ass though!
View attachment 866506
yup that's the stuff, and yes on PITA replacement part.........notice the one tile next to the drill is out...errrrrrrr

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
call me crazy but i could never imagine something like that in my house. curious what the rest of the kitchen and cabinetry is gonna look like.

theres a lot of these guys doing "poured epoxy/concrete counters" recently putting like fiber led lights inside of it and it just looks kinda tacky to me.

WBar3.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
call me crazy but i could never imagine something like that in my house. curious what the rest of the kitchen and cabinetry is gonna look like.

theres a lot of these guys doing "poured epoxy/concrete counters" recently putting like fiber led lights inside of it and it just looks kinda tacky to me.

WBar3.jpg

me likey!!

Tank

Reaction score
That is SIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!

Can we see the rest of this house? Heard its pretty amazing. ;)

mbrown2

Reaction score

WBar3.jpg
I agree it feels a lot like LED lights on the undercarriage of a car......a bit too pep boyish for me...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Looks bad ass though!
View attachment 866506

I wanna see this done please...

traquer

Reaction score
Badass!!!!!

Lighting is a huuuuge part of what makes a house look good. Even outside. Think of the havasu houses with low voltage spot lighting on each palm tree and on the sides of the house. Little things like that make the house much more inviting and cool.