WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So .....

westair

Reaction score
I drop off my son's F150 to have some work done at a local repair shop in Vista .... a few days later I call and the message says we are no longer in business as of Jan 2. So I go by and the place is cleaned out. Happen to run into the bldg owner and he said the guy was way behind in rent and owed everyone. So who knows where my truck is ..... I called the sheriff's dept. to report it stolen, nope can't report it stolen this is a civil matter and you have to take him to court. That's fucked up, so I have to try and take someone to court who probably has nothing by now! It was an older F150 4x4 but pretty decent truck .... gone now.

4Waters

Reaction score
Did you ask the building owner if he had a home address for the shop owner. Check local tow yards maybe the shop owner just had them towed away, and they my be able to get a hold of the guy as well. Hope you get it back.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
whats the name of the shop?

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Man That sucks hearing dumb stuff like that. I'd call sheriff back or local PD ask to talk to sup or someone who knows what the hell they're talking about. I'm sure you've contacted insurance company what did say or are doing? I'd think they would have contacts.

westair

Reaction score
Man That sucks hearing dumb stuff like that. I'd call sheriff back or local PD ask to talk to sup or someone who knows what the hell they're talking about. I'm sure you've contacted insurance company what did say or are doing? I'd think they would have contacts.

Insurance (AAA) was no help since its not considered a stolen vehicle

Taboma

Reaction score
Did a business search City of Vista, but the business license info available online doesn't give an owner's name.
Does provide an account number and it does show the license active. Perhaps a call to the Vista City clerks office will help ?

I'd think that finding the owner's name would be a good start.

Rob's Auto Repair.JPG

cb5505

Reaction score
Well the police can not do much because the truck was not stolen but given to the repair shop. At this point you have a embezzled truck. I would call the police and have them make a report of a embezzled vehicle (car rental places do this all the time) once the vehicle is entered as embezzled it will come up stolen in police computers. They will contact you once they find the truck but most likely the guy won’t go to jail. Hope that helps

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I'd be pissed. Sucks this happened.

Per California BUREAU OF AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR the following is listed:

Qualified Managers and Principals
PRESIDENT/SECRETARY DUNN ROBERT
TREASURER DUNN SHELLEY YVONNE

Taboma

Reaction score
I'd be pissed. Sucks this happened.

Per California BUREAU OF AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR the following is listed:

Qualified Managers and Principals
PRESIDENT/SECRETARY DUNN ROBERT
TREASURER DUNN SHELLEY YVONNE

Yup, that's all I found too, but noticed that BAR license expired in Dec. But I'd sure start by tracking Robert down and if he sold the business hoping he'd be willing help with buyer info.

Rob's Auto Repair CBAR-1.JPG

westair

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies .... I'm headed to Vista Sheriffs to talk to someone in person. Robert Dunn is the owner that bought it from Rob .... so he's the one that has or had my truck.
I'll update

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Do you have a "signed estimate" in your possession ? That is required by BAR .

Report to BAR all the information you have, and what they did to you . They may find them for you .

Check the "franchise tax board" website , since he MAY have been paying his taxes, on the business .

Since you have their first and last names, check the local property tax roles, for a house they may be owning/buying .

Good luck .

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
That Sux, hope you find it. Maybe post a pic of it with a plate #

Cmon RDP Peeps, find that truck.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Sucks these guys just closed without notice and yet still took in your truck for work.
If they had customer cars towed out you should likely get a lien notice by mail from whatever towyard or impound lot has it.

bocco

Reaction score
Looked up the address on Google maps. It looks like he was doing OK for himself.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score

Taboma

Reaction score
I think is the Robert P Dunn you're going to want to chat with --- Wife's name matches, so does the business

Robert P Dunn copy.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score
The good news is the tax records show it's in Shelly Dunn's name, of course it could be rented to somebody else ?

sml

Reaction score
Hire a repo company to get it back. They will probably find it in less than 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Well the police can not do much because the truck was not stolen but given to the repair shop. At this point you have a embezzled truck. I would call the police and have them make a report of a embezzled vehicle (car rental places do this all the time) once the vehicle is entered as embezzled it will come up stolen in police computers. They will contact you once they find the truck but most likely the guy won’t go to jail. Hope that helps

What would an “embezzled” status do to the value of he truck? Seems like every “stolen” recovery becomes near worthless. Just curious.

probablecause

Reaction score
The shop closed, everything is gone, owner nowhere to be found. I would have taken a stolen vehicle report.

Tinkerer

Reaction score
I would have found the guy and given him 24 hours to give the truck back in the condition that it was dropped off.
OR His wife would have to file her own police report.
If someone intentionally screwed me like that I would make sure he never had anything nice again.

westair

Reaction score
After meeting in person with another Deputy at the Sheriff's Vista Station he listed it as a stolen vehicle ..... nice guy and took the time to go over everything. He's been in contact with the bldg. owner so he's pretty much up to speed on these guys. Some surveillance tape shows my truck coming and going in the late hours. Here's a pic if anyone sees it around, not a very common color but original
thanks for the help!
IMG_0467.JPG

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Fucker probably used your truck to take everything out of the building.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Hire a repo company to get it back. They will probably find it in less than 24 hours.

This sounds like a good plan to me. Those repo guys can be ruthless.......:eek:

Businesses fail. Folks go bankrupt. But to take off with honest customers vehicles is inexcusable. This guy needs his ass kicked......:mad:

Taboma

Reaction score
I think I'd be all over this prick's FB page, westair's son can't be the only person affected. Hopefully the sheriff's will get on top of this.

whipple charged

Reaction score

this is what you need to do.. it will cost you some money but its the best way..
p.s the road trips post on fagbook.. have all those addresses checked that was posted..