WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SoCal Gas : Whats the dildo!!!

Spectra18

Reaction score
Wow close to 100% price increase on gas bill. Seems were being squeezed out of the boating lifestyle in every which way.

nameisbond

Reaction score
We are currently paying $1.76 per liter CDN. That's $8 CDN per gallon. With exchange it just over $6 per gallon USD.

Spectra18

Reaction score
Gotta denounce my citizenship and change my name. Get on this free shit bandwagon. Got neighbors in a $3200 a month rental, cars always parked, brand new, no one ever goes to work. Wife's been home due to covid, shes like WTF!!!!???? They never leave.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Gotta denounce my citizenship and change my name. Get on this free shit bandwagon. Got neighbors in a $3200 a month rental, cars always parked, brand new, no one ever goes to work. Wife's been home due to covid, shes like WTF!!!!???? They never leave.
3200, thats a steal

nameisbond

Reaction score
Just pay your carbon tax so trudy can live the life

The carbon tax is the biggest bull shit tax in the history of taxation. I got into an argument with a liberal when it came out. I said its going to increase the cost of living. They could only say "but its revenue neutral". Fuck Trudeau and his fucking trained seals!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
In October of 20’ it cost me around $180 to get to Havasu...it’s now around $400. No mean tweets though

My natural gas bill in Texas has doubled..

Last edited:

TCHB

Reaction score
Natural gas is traded just like any other commodity.. Supply and demand.

SixD9R

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thought this would be a grads thread?

TCHB

Reaction score
Natural gas prices are market driven. You can buy gas forward to help with market swings but you may be stuck with that price while the price falls. Most utilities follow the market price.. I have been suprised at how low gas prices were the las decade
41A537C3-1C03-49B8-AA2A-E390C492FDB4.jpeg

cofooter

Reaction score
Everyone is going after their share of the stimulus.......

TCHB

Reaction score
Would you buy a position in a gas fund now?

farmo83

Reaction score
I work in Supply and Trading for Chevron. Food for thought on energy prices going forward.

-The fundamentals team is estimating 4.90 87 octane this summer national average
-The crude team is putting hedges on for crude over 100 dollars a bbl for cal 2022(were currently at 82)
-I was talking to a friend at a competitor last night and they are projecting 125 crude( I think this is a stretch) but they are basing their budgets off 125 crude in 4Q
-Many of the smaller players are starting to have trouble getting financing for projects and operations due to "future legislation concerns"

-All of these are projections so lots of things can change. I do think some of the recent run up is do to some of the big players at banks throwing weight around. This isn't new whenever equities tank banks will throw money where ever they can to get a return so they buy up tons of futures and bid the price up. 125 crude this year I think is a big stretch. I would place a decent wager we get to 100 though.

As demand comes back online and Omnicron fades supply just can't keep up especially in the US. Everyone's hurdle rate is higher now. Where as before we would start drilling at 80 dollars now it's more around 90(also it has to hold that price for a while). We're in business to return value to our shareholders. Right now the best risk adjusted way to do that is produce what we have at much higher margins due to the price run up and do dividends and buy backs, not punching holes out in the gulf of mexico or west texas.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I just noticed diesel here is $1.80 per liter. That's like $7 per gallon USD.

RichL

Reaction score
I work in Supply and Trading for Chevron. Food for thought on energy prices going forward.

-The fundamentals team is estimating 4.90 87 octane this summer national average
-The crude team is putting hedges on for crude over 100 dollars a bbl for cal 2022(were currently at 82)
-I was talking to a friend at a competitor last night and they are projecting 125 crude( I think this is a stretch) but they are basing their budgets off 125 crude in 4Q
-Many of the smaller players are starting to have trouble getting financing for projects and operations due to "future legislation concerns"

-All of these are projections so lots of things can change. I do think some of the recent run up is do to some of the big players at banks throwing weight around. This isn't new whenever equities tank banks will throw money where ever they can to get a return so they buy up tons of futures and bid the price up. 125 crude this year I think is a big stretch. I would place a decent wager we get to 100 though.

As demand comes back online and Omnicron fades supply just can't keep up especially in the US. Everyone's hurdle rate is higher now. Where as before we would start drilling at 80 dollars now it's more around 90(also it has to hold that price for a while). We're in business to return value to our shareholders. Right now the best risk adjusted way to do that is produce what we have at much higher margins due to the price run up and do dividends and buy backs, not punching holes out in the gulf of mexico or west texas.
Troubling.

JL95

Reaction score
My socalgas bill just came in. ~$45 average per month was standard and now this month is $219.75? What the hell

• Sad
Reactions: DWC

redone76

Reaction score
Someone's gotta pay for the Chatsworth gas leak lawsuit

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Natural gas is up 34% per ccf here in north Texas compared to last January billing period (but down 9% per ccf from Dec 2021 billing period). We’re using less, so recent billing amounts are actually lower YOY.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Natural gas, Atmos Energy, Dec, 2021, $23. Excel Energy, electric. $127. 1367 sq ft.
Not tied into the isolated independent Texas grid, and natural gas supply that failed last year in Texas.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I just noticed diesel here is $1.80 per liter. That's like $7 per gallon USD.
Driving into Az on Rice rd yesterday pulling my toybox 5er I eeked out the last 17 miles with low fuel light ablaze into Parker and saved almost $2 per gallon over the Vidal Chevron price.
$5.59 vs $3.63

nameisbond

Reaction score
Driving into Az on Rice rd yesterday pulling my toybox 5er I eeked out the last 17 miles with low fuel light ablaze into Parker and saved almost $2 per gallon over the Vidal Chevron price.
$5.59 vs $3.63

Normally diesel here is 20 to 30 cents less then gas. My truck is almost on empty, going to cross the border and fill up. Save about the same as you.