WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SoCal speed and marine

fishing fool

Reaction score
Last stop of the day was at SoCal speed and marine. Mario was not there but I was told it was a quiet weekend for them.

IMG_3620.JPG

Here is a clean little commander ski boat
IMG_3621.JPG
IMG_3622.JPG
IMG_3623.JPG
IMG_3624.JPG
IMG_3625.JPG
IMG_3626.JPG

Twin outboard Mach 26

IMG_3627.JPG
IMG_3628.JPG
IMG_3629.JPG
IMG_3630.JPG
IMG_3631.JPG

I think I posted a pic of this f26 last time. I know the owner of the boat and it was a total barn find from New York. 40 something hours on the Teague 800 blower motor for $47K
IMG_3632.JPG
IMG_3633.JPG
IMG_3634.JPG

I have not seen this before in a boat of this kind, foot throttle as well as trim control by pedals
IMG_3635.JPG
IMG_3636.JPG
IMG_3637.JPG
IMG_3638.JPG

Joker

Reaction score
Lue went through my 22 and spent the time to diagnose my issues[emoji106]. The boat will go back there annually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
We met the couple that own that Green DCB last weekend, really nice people. That boat is not half as nice in pics as in person.

fishing fool

Reaction score
Stopped by SoCal speed and marine today and talked to Mario. They had a shop full of HTM boats..... 3 of them.
This one was just getting a sea strainer added to it.

E9403B1F-AA6A-46BD-AD05-DAF04E88B756.jpeg

Here is Mario himself doing the work... it was 110* today and he was inside the engine compartment working.

FC53FAAF-CAE1-4CDF-AE9F-05CF32F31C59.jpeg

I think this was a motor for one of the htm’s. New whipple and chiller.

DB648315-CAF1-4015-85A0-677569277E97.jpeg
8680C57F-FA47-4B23-8B7B-9561076BC247.jpeg
BDCFE075-260B-4703-BE7B-E9FB877EEADF.jpeg
E60BF349-46E8-4F99-A07B-FF54033752BF.jpeg
70393B07-CB00-4ABD-BE8F-E459AAEE47C6.jpeg
11AFD428-0483-4617-83C8-A0C7B8F43BF0.jpeg
570C298D-395C-4D7A-9818-CFA82C95681E.jpeg
5700CABA-416F-4BB9-8D1C-53A1146FCCA5.jpeg

Eliminator 25’ Daytona.

4DBB4430-911E-4427-A8A3-3310E104FF7E.jpeg
874D7590-A919-4D8E-A3A1-184E1F22443D.jpeg

Joker

Reaction score
Stopped by SoCal speed and marine today and talked to Mario. They had a shop full of HTM boats..... 3 of them.
This one was just getting a sea strainer added to it.

View attachment 659066

Here is Mario himself doing the work... it was 110* today and he was inside the engine compartment working.

View attachment 659067

I think this was a motor for one of the htm’s. New whipple and chiller.

View attachment 659069 View attachment 659071 View attachment 659073 View attachment 659075 View attachment 659076 View attachment 659077 View attachment 659078 View attachment 659080

Eliminator 25’ Daytona.

View attachment 659081 View attachment 659083

My new service shop[emoji106]

Slats

Reaction score
Nice stuff there. If the motors for a HTM. It should be a fun ride.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I spoke with Mario today. I was disappointed with my last experience there but I felt better after speaking with him. I’ll still be using him

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
My boat is there, Mario always takes the time to talk to me about my boat concerns. My only stop for service.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
@fishing fool How about a tour of J & J Marine. I talked to Jeremy about getting some work done last week. I told him I got his name from RDP. I asked if he ever heard of it. He said "who hasn't"..:D

milkmoney

Reaction score
@fishing fool How about a tour of J & J Marine. I talked to Jeremy about getting some work done last week. I told him I got his name from RDP. I asked if he ever heard of it. He said "who hasn't"..:D
Dont do it Mike. Bobby will jus blame u if it doesn't go his way [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Dont do it Mike. Bobby will jus blame u if it doesn't go his way [emoji202]

So you want to take away a chance of a review of another small business marine shop that is trying to make a living because of me. :rolleyes::D

milkmoney

Reaction score
So you want to take away a chance of a review of another small business marine shop that is trying to make a living because of me. :rolleyes:
No that is not what I said. U may not know this , but I want everyone to succeed ...... well most [emoji6] [emoji202]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I can add his name to the shop tour list. :). Haven’t talked to jeremy in years!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
No that is not what I said. U may not know this , but I want everyone to succeed ...... well most [emoji6] [emoji202]

Good. I hope FF can make this happen. :)

Joker

Reaction score

Is this a Havasu shop as well?

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I can add his name to the shop tour list. :). Haven’t talked to jeremy in years!
Is this a Havasu shop as well?

Been using Jeremy for awhile! Been super happy with his work, prices and service!! He is a small shop, but knows his shit. He works in the same building as Prime Marine. Go check him out.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I spoke with Mario today. I was disappointed with my last experience there but I felt better after speaking with him. I’ll still be using him

What happened?

Spot

Reaction score
Mario and George treated me great this year for my annual service. Coincidentally one of my best friends just used Jeremy for some services and also had a great experience. I will definitely use both in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
What happened?

I wasn’t going to post about it but since I’m happy with the way it ended I think it’s ok. I understand that things happen and no one or nonstop is perfect so how it’s handled or made right is what counts. Mario like any other shop in Havasu is very busy. I work 60-80 hours a week 6 days a week. Been that way for about 8 months now. When I travel to Vegas I try to sneak to bhc because really that’s the only chance I have. I needed a service in may so I was able to talk my dad into driving the boat to Havasu for me. I drove from Vegas to get the boat all hooked up for my dad. He’s still not comfortable hooking the boat to the truck so no problem I drove from Vegas hooked it up. I went to work he went to Havasu. Mario was busy so I left the boat there for a week till could get back out to pick it up. I took it for a service and to have the gas gauge fixed. I had a hard time getting a day off work so my dad went to Havasu to pick it up after Mario called. Again my dad isn’t the most knowledgeable so he didn’t check the gas gauge he just got the boat hooked up and got the boat back to bhc. I called to ask him to go over the receipt w me because it was a little more than I had expected but not way out of line. I think I was charged around 200 for the gas gauge. Like I said i get one day a week off. So Saturday night I leave chino because I wanted to test the boat. I get there and go to gas up Sunday morning. Gas gauge is still broken... ok I’m a little bummed but I’ll deal with it. Get to take lake and back off the trailer. Go to turn the wheel and WTF!! my steering wheel is locked up. I stay calm kill the engine and trim back up. Go to the rear shake the drive a little go back to the wheel and my steering is back. Ok that was weird let’s try again. Start the engine, lower the drive a little, and again steering wheel is locked up. Ok fuck this. I jump out and swim the boat back to my trailer. I send Mario a message he says bring the boat back. At this point I’m pissed off and now I’m mad at my dad because I can’t believe he paid for the service and he didn’t check the gas gauge blah blah blah. (No one like paying over a grand and shit still not right)I was frustrated and took it out on my dad. It wasn’t his fault but I’m a hot head and he was there. I still feel bad about the argument. Anyways. I have to go back to work so dad stays in bhc to take the boat to Havasu Monday. Boat goes and sits at SoCal another week. I take the next weekend off because now I need to go get the boat and make sure shits fixed. What I was told was the engine box was put too far back and was pinching the steering cable. They also replaced the fuel sender unit. So I get there. Check the gauge it’s working... cool go inside they charge me another 100 so I’m around 1300 now. Mario was at the lake working on someone’s boat so I hooked up and off I went. I noticed the inside of the boat was dirty. Like it sat outside in a dust storm all week. I get to bhc and we’ll now I’ve got to clean the boat. It’s fucking filthy. Never has the boat been this dirty. Actually kind of depressing to be honest. I start cleaning but I’m pissed. I say fuck it let’s go test this thing. I hook back Up to the truck and notice my jack wheel is all fucked up. Someone moved it with the fork lift and drug the shit out of my wheel. Ok.... go pick up jeepdog and let’s hit the lake. It’s kind of a mad house so we launch and try to get he hell out of the marina. Now some of you know my luck with the boats after works been done. So we idle out a little and I pop the hatch. We start checking shit out and rob notices the steering fluid cap is unscrewed waiting to fall off. WTF!! So we tighten it up and off we go. Boat ran flawless no complaints there. I thought about how disappointed I was with the service and said well you know what he’s got a good rep and a call out thread will surely back fire and somehow I’ll be the asshat. So I waited a few days to cool off. I called the shop and asked to speak to Mario. They front desk girl said he’s swamped and can’t take any phone calls. I said ok check it out. I explained everything... the whole story, I said I’m only calling because I know Mario has made some new hires and I just want to point this out so it can be addressed and improved on. She seemed very concerned thanked me and said mario would call back. Waited a week and nothing... sent Mario a message asking if he got my message... he said nope what’s up. I said hey man better just call me when you get a chance. Still nothing for a week or two. Yesterday after reading the absolute thread I sent Mario a pissed off message. Basically the whole post above. He told me he had stepped out but had he been there there’s no way he wouldn’t have gone over the boat before i took it. Said he would send me a new jack wheel and pay for a detail. I don’t think I’m going to take him up on it like I said I just wanted him to improve on it so no one else has a bad experience. Sometimes it’s how we fix problems that keep customers. After or conversation I feel he’s a stand up guy and shit just happens. I wouldn’t hesitate to give him another shot.

Last edited:

Franz28

Reaction score
Late to the party - but unless u have worked in a honest boat shop you won't understand how crazy it gets. This place (SoCal) is overloaded with boat owners and few good honest shops. Last year we lost 70% of our business due to the staggering amount of customers.. Heck the last 2-3 months of season I could hardly cope just calling back new callers- my ph in box reset after being maxed out - When I got back to my shop end 2020 after a needed 5 week vacation, we still had almost 10 seized customers old motors still laying around, entire seized transom bodys, drives, and old parts we had to clear away for 2021 - trust me when I say it NUTS and impossible to keep up. And noone even knows who I am (a nobody basically).. so the bigger shops have it worse.. Im not saying bad service is acceptable at all - just how crazy things get.

kiethco

Reaction score
Late to the party - but unless u have worked in a honest boat shop you won't understand how crazy it gets. This place (SoCal) is overloaded with boat owners and few good honest shops. Last year we lost 70% of our business due to the staggering amount of customers.. Heck the last 2-3 months of season I could hardly cope just calling back new callers- my ph in box reset after being maxed out - When I got back to my shop end 2020 after a needed 5 week vacation, we still had almost 10 seized customers old motors still laying around, entire seized transom bodys, drives, and old parts we had to clear away for 2021 - trust me when I say it NUTS and impossible to keep up. And noone even knows who I am (a nobody basically).. so the bigger shops have it worse.. Im not saying bad service is acceptable at all - just how crazy things get.

I'm not sure of what your message is, I think I know, but not entirely sure. Are you a shop in So Cal? It sounds like you're down to about 30% capacity, if that's the case and you're local to So Cal and you're an honest guy, can I schedule a service?

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I don’t understand how you lose 70% of business because too many customers?

Reactions: DWC

hallett21

Reaction score

Did you mean 70% of potential business?

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I assume he means that he could have 70% more business if he had the resources

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
My boat need a service .
I’m scared to shit after reading Vic post .