WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SoCal speed and marine

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
whats the new address? Headed down from bhc now.

82daytona

Reaction score
Palo verde south and 95 I believe. Can’t miss it far south side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
South side of town. On the lake side on 95
Don’t know address, but it’s located at last stoplight in town when heading south.
If you pass it, you have to turn around at Sara park

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Is that the new spot? I thought I heard industrial? I’ll call in a bit not sure if they are there yet

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I think something about industrial by circle k? I’ll update the thread. Maybe I can get some cool pictures

Dmangus

Reaction score
As of last week they are still doing work out of the old shop. Haven’t fully moved into the new shop off industrial/lake Havasu Ave yet.

Singleton

Reaction score
I have an idea. Call the shop number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They are closed until 10am and I believe don’t have address on voicemail

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I talked to someone at the counter at the new address on Wednesday. There are still boats at the old shop, but the gates are locked.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Did you bring the kids down with you? Looks like a lot of fun stuff going on at the skate park today,

j-rod

Reaction score
Still waiting for a return call from last summer. I will NEVER go there ! but I hear they do good work.

TrojanDan

Reaction score
Still waiting for a return call from last summer. I will NEVER go there ! but I hear they do good work.

Jarod,
You should give them another shot. True, you will most likely get the answering machine but Molina will call you back in about 24 hrs. We got our Magic serviced by Mario about 2 weeks ago. They were also going to service my pontoon as well until Molina called me back and had me speak to their Outboard mechanic. Their Outboard mechanic is Merc certified and my o/b is a Honda. He recommended which shop to take the pontoon that was Honda certified. I thought that was pretty honest of them rather than taking my money. Try them out again.
-Dan

Joker

Reaction score
Jarod,
You should give them another shot. True, you will most likely get the answering machine but Molina will call you back in about 24 hrs. We got our Magic serviced by Mario about 2 weeks ago. They were also going to service my pontoon as well until Molina called me back and had me speak to their Outboard mechanic. Their Outboard mechanic is Merc certified and my o/b is a Honda. He recommended which shop to take the pontoon that was Honda certified. I thought that was pretty honest of them rather than taking my money. Try them out again.
-Dan

Lue is a great guy over there when it comes to outboards[emoji1303]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Tried to run to the springs for lunch got cut a little short though. It’s kind of a shit show in havasu. Maybe I picked a bad weekend.
C3230765-86A3-4770-A6A6-E5892B46522F.jpeg
E14DD57A-5284-46FF-861F-951FB556704F.jpeg
14F5272B-E9DA-4203-8C43-E2328E80612E.jpeg
529C565E-D725-4FA5-ACEE-E7586D7431B7.jpeg

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Mario and george are awesome. Never had any issues with returning calls. Shit they text me right back.. Been with them since they arrived in havasu. The shit show must of all been on the north side of the lake.. The south side was a ghost town.. Wide open. Fn great!!:D

BUSTI

Reaction score
Mario is awesome! He really helped me get tuned up and back on schedule a few years back, when a very reputable upholstery shop put me behind schedule keeping the boat longer than promised.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
How come you didn't make it to Springs??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Boat threw a fault code. Decided to just cruise back home and take the boat back to Mario. George said I probably let the gas sit for too long without any additives so hopefully a quick fix. Glad I launched the boat in havasu so we were still right there. I’ll be back out next weekend to try again. Bummed I left my cover in bhc though. I’m tempted to just have him buy me a cheapo and just tack it on my bill.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Mario is the man, years ago i was signed up for the Cigarette Destin florida run, i took it to him to get it serviced and just go over everything before heading out. Week before the event my uncle in North Dakota passed away with the funeral being on the wednesday before the event. so no way to get back in time to get to the event. i let Mario know and he said just go to the Funeral and then head down to florida after. When we got to Destin he was there with boat and it was all ready to go. he didn't even stick around to enjoy the weekend since he had just dropped everything to make this work.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I’ve been a big cheerleader for Mario for years. I’ve referred a lot of people to him. What I’ve learned over the years you just can’t make everyone happy. Some people always have a problem wherever they go.
Mario has gone so far beyond what anyone would ever expect from a boat mechanic for me. He doesn’t just do this for me he does this for everyone as you can see in this thread.
Now that he’s added Lou to do the outboard work there is nothing they can’t handle for someone.
Yes he doesn’t always answer the phone but they do call back. You have to understand he’s a working owner turning wrenches daily.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
I’ve been a big cheerleader for Mario for years. I’ve referred a lot of people to him. What I’ve learned over the years you just can’t make everyone happy. Some people always have a problem wherever they go.
Mario has gone so far beyond what anyone would ever expect from a boat mechanic for me. He doesn’t just do this for me he does this for everyone as you can see in this thread.
Now that he’s added Lou to do the outboard work there is nothing they can’t handle for someone.
Yes he doesn’t always answer the phone but they do call back. You have to understand he’s a working owner turning wrenches daily.

X2, I was looking for a 4 blade, told Mario what I wanted and a few weeks later he calls about 9 at night and tells me he found me a prop on FB sale page. Told him I could get get there to pay for it for a week or two. He said no problems, he paid the guy and held onto the prop until I got to town.

He always goes above and beyond for me.

Joker

Reaction score
Lu went to our house in Bullhead for servicing the outboard. Name another outfit that will do this. [emoji106]

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I took our boat to SoCal Speed back in January for an Outboard swap. Lou did an awesome job and on time as promised. Hell Mario the owner and one of the mechanics were washing the boat when we showed up. Who else does that? Nobody!!! They will be getting all our business from now on!

Rayson1971

Reaction score
I met George and Mario years ago through my dad when they had a service station in Camarillo. I believe my dad went to high school with George . Then rw met Mario when he worked for Cole. Kept in touch hear and there even through Teague. He is a real genuine guy. Will bend over backward for you if he can just because. I'm glad to here he got an outboard mechanic in there. That will expand there demographic.

boater250s

Reaction score
I met Mario 20 years ago, when he worked at Cole Boats in Chatsworth, Ca. He sold and helped with the build of our first Cole. Mario is more than a great mechanic he's just a great person.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I went there with a friend of mine to get his service. I will tell ya , George is one funny guy. I have not done business with him personally , but they seem very nice and helpful.

In fact my buddy had some water in the bilge and couldn't figure it out. They said bring it down. Hooked hose ran it and could see anything. At that point they said let's just go around and make sure everything is tight , and no charge.
We took boat out and no leak....so with witnessing that , I would recommend them ...[emoji41][emoji106][emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

IgnusInAqua

Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this for a good reason:
Took my boat in for a difficult job and Mario and his crew took care of it. Honest service and quality work. Socal Speed and Marine is where it’s at.