WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SoCal Today ... Pat's Fiberglass

shueman

Reaction score
Out "making the rounds" of some shops here in Socal ... probably 8-10 different places just here in the Ontario / Upland / Montclair area alone !! First Stop: Pat's Fiberglass in Upland.

I've always heard good things about Don Haydon's shop but hand not idea the depth and reach of his reputation ... been at this location for close to 40 years. Marlene was so helpful and is a regular browser of RDP.

They were slammed with work and have a long waiting list for projects. Here's some of what's going on:

Full Restoration, (Eliminator I believe) ... I need to take better notes lol
IMG_20180618_105827.jpg

They do serious metalflake work, in the clear coat.

Another full restoration: 21' Daytona jet getting a full cap, re-seal and re-cut the transom, plus more ...
IMG_20180618_105935.jpg

IMG_20180618_110019.jpg

24' Hallett that was totaled by the Insurance company getting brought back to life:
IMG_20180618_110333.jpg

IMG_20180618_110342.jpg

Don's gonna call me when they are closer on some of the projects for a follow-up.
:cool:

shueman

Reaction score
They are way in the back off 13th St in Upland ...
IMG_20180618_143920.jpg

A Schiada restore they did some years ago that came in from Hawaii ...
IMG_20180618_105401.jpg

Don's also got a few "personal" boats that will be on the market later this year: A Howard flattie (waiting on pix) this this Hallett Vector that he is putting back together after restoration:
IMG_20180618_105712.jpg

Good people and they provided me with references for both Canvas and Interior Work (that they use) to share with everyone:

IMG_20180618_143937.jpg

IMG_20180618_143959.jpg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Had them cut the fiberglass fuel tanks out of my Spectra 24 a few years ago...Saw what they had going on...No question they know what they are doing...

Backlash

Reaction score
Don absolutely knows his chit! Him and his crew are top-notch and they do amazing work. They are flexible too. They will even work on "Sub-standard" wannabe race boats when the owners try to keep up with Schiadas in rough water only to break their own boat apart. :D J/K!

I would love to drop my Howard off for a complete re-gel but I know that good work is not cheap and I don't know if I could sell that to the little lady! :D

Thanks for sharing Shue!!

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
I can vouch for Rene, I’ve used him, so has my friend, he works out of his house in riverside, but does nice interior work and is resionable. If you know Spanish it helps.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Dons vector is dope AF, lots of little details the avg person wouldn’t ever notice.
His gas fill is hidden under matched fiberglass door that disappears on side of boat.
I’d be interested to see what it goes for

Hammer

Reaction score
Keep making the rounds Shue.... appreciate these threads and the "all access" tours you are getting. Thanks.

X2 ! Thanks Shueman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucketlist

Reaction score
Funny! That is my Hallett 240 in the shop right now being repaired by Don and crew. Don and Marlene have been great people to deal with. Before deciding on Pat's, I took my boat to all of the well known fiberglass shops in Havasu before bringing it back to SoCal, and I am really glad that Pat's is doing the work. I am still baffled why Progressive's Marine insurance adjuster decided to total my boat when he inspected it in Nordics shop in Havasu. Absolutely every single shop that I took the boat to for repairs said the boat was no where near a total. All damage was cosmetic. Pretty soon it will be back on the water good as new! Cant say enough good things about Pat's Fiberglass.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Funny! That is my Hallett 240 in the shop right now being repaired by Don and crew. Don and Marlene have been great people to deal with. Before deciding on Pat's, I took my boat to all of the well known fiberglass shops in Havasu before bringing it back to SoCal, and I am really glad that Pat's is doing the work. I am still baffled why Progressive's Marine insurance adjuster decided to total my boat when he inspected it in Nordics shop in Havasu. Absolutely every single shop that I took the boat to for repairs said the boat was no where near a total. All damage was cosmetic. Pretty soon it will be back on the water good as new! Cant say enough good things about Pat's Fiberglass.
It should work out better for you. Title will still be clean.