WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Social Distancing is over and I noticed something weird

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Had to hit Target today and soon as I walked in and turned by the check out there was big lines of people backed up into the clothes aisles. Most were wearing masks but they were stacked on top of each other. So I'm walking by and notice not only are people not worrying about 6ft. but they are walking even closer that before now. I don't get bothered by much but this shit was weird people were getting way to close like they have a point to prove or something and it creeped me out. Anyone else notice this or weird vibes from people?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Went to pharmacy and post office today. Being Friday both places had plenty of people. In both locations I noticed everyone being rather respectful in distance and some sort of face cover.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I refuse to wear a mask. I wash my hands so much they’re chapped worse than they ever have been. My eyes always itch but I don’t scratch them with fingers unless my hands have been washed.
It is kind of weird though going into a grocery store where all employees are masked up, 80% of customers are too and I’m like one of the few rebels not wearing one.

yz450mm

Reaction score
I refuse to wear a mask. I wash my hands so much they’re chapped worse than they ever have been. My eyes always itch but I don’t scratch them with fingers unless my hands have been washed.
It is kind of weird though going into a grocery store where all employees are masked up, 80% of customers are too and I’m like one of the few rebels not wearing one.
I went to my steel supplier this afternoon to grab a stick of chromoly to work on the race car this weekend. Patton's Steel Supply was the last place that I expected to encounter an over the top level of bullshit, but there it was.

Building was off-limits to customers, we had to stand out in the parking lot and give our order to the office guys (along with our credit card) so they could go inside and process. Then they would come back out and give us our receipt and card, and go pick the order. So we still have to face to face with the order taker, and face-to-face with the person fulfilling the order. So what's the difference?

Everyone standing around outside was wearing a mask, so I felt obligated to pull my bullshit mask up over my face. God forbid you don't conform with what social media thinks is appropriate, you'll get put on blast and called out and won't even know it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

NicPaus

Reaction score
Almost all my supply houses or spots i buy will not let you inside. Will call and they drop it outside after checking your ID. I will called a order in LA yesterday for my River neighbor for some flooring. With no traffic he was on is way home in no time. Was not bad. Few spots have slowed me down but I got what I needed to keep job moving. No spots have been closed.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

I went in Walmart a few days ago, most shoppers had masks, no employees did.
I don’t wear a mask or gloves.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Had to hit Target today and soon as I walked in and turned by the check out there was big lines of people backed up into the clothes aisles. Most were wearing masks but they were stacked on top of each other. So I'm walking by and notice not only are people not worrying about 6ft. but they are walking even closer that before now. I don't get bothered by much but this shit was weird people were getting way to close like they have a point to prove or something and it creeped me out. Anyone else notice this or weird vibes from people?

Lock yourself indoors and turn off the mainstream media if you’re that worried about it lol

E4L

Reaction score
My work suggested we wear mask it has made my allergies disappear so I’m wearing one [emoji1688]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Last week construction was all over 6 feet apart and wearing masks. This week Everyone has a mask, no one is wearing safety glasses because they fog instantly, and were back to working on top of other trades.

I'm tired of being essential. Can't I be non essential like just for 2 weeks?

fmo24

Reaction score
All the grocery stores here have added a large plexiglass sneeze shield at the checkouts. I watched a guy in gloves and mask out in parking lot unload his stuff into car push the cart back then proceed to take his mask off without ever removing his gloves. May as well not even wear them.

TCHB

Reaction score
In Henderson Anthem most people wearing masks including me.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
93180907_10220121336697152_2340877675922456576_n.jpg

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Stores are limiting the number of people and masks are encouraged here.

I wear one to the grocery store but not when I go into work or go get take-out. I'm fine with it as long as it isn't mandatory. Once they say I have to wear one I won't. LOL...

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
i ve been wearing a mask, mandatory at work except in our own office. Wear one at the stores, too. Redlands Sprouts was business as usual yesterday, was surprised I didn’t have to wait in line to get in. Everyone including the workers were masked, most people were respectful of others space. Going to suck when this is over and traffic and crowds are back:oops:

jet496

Reaction score
Last week construction was all over 6 feet apart and wearing masks. This week Everyone has a mask, no one is wearing safety glasses because they fog instantly, and were back to working on top of other trades.

I get a little jealous of all these people bored & doing projects when we're business as usual, if not busier, trying to work & be efficient during this. The last couple weeks have been stressful.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

I'm a bit confused by your title. Are you saying where you live they have lifted the social distancing recommendation?

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused by your title. Are you saying where you live they have lifted the social distancing recommendation?
All the rules are still the same just noticed more people literally come face to face or rub shoulders with me than before this started. I was hoping the mindset would change and people would keep their distance after this all died down but I'm telling you it was fucking weird.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
All the rules are still the same just noticed more people literally come face to face or rub shoulders with me than before this started. I was hoping the mindset would change and people would keep their distance after this all died down but I'm telling you it was fucking weird.
Ah. Ok I get it. Traffic in an out of LA is starting to pickup again. The stores and people where I work are still pretty much following the suggested guidelines, but you can feel the tension growing. Pretty sure most people are going to just say "fuck it" pretty soon and go back to normal life.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I went to my steel supplier this afternoon to grab a stick of chromoly to work on the race car this weekend. Patton's Steel Supply was the last place that I expected to encounter an over the top level of bullshit, but there it was.

Building was off-limits to customers, we had to stand out in the parking lot and give our order to the office guys (along with our credit card) so they could go inside and process. Then they would come back out and give us our receipt and card, and go pick the order. So we still have to face to face with the order taker, and face-to-face with the person fulfilling the order. So what's the difference?

Everyone standing around outside was wearing a mask, so I felt obligated to pull my bullshit mask up over my face. God forbid you don't conform with what social media thinks is appropriate, you'll get put on blast and called out and won't even know it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

That place has gotten stupid Stupid over the last few years...

Did they change owners or something??

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I had hoped the 6 foot rule would help people keep their fucking distance, there are many who don't understand the concept of "personal space" or it's not part of their culture so they are ignorant....

Learning how to stand aggressively and meet people in the eye helps them understand I want them to keep their distance. Nothing pisses me off more than when I can FEEL someone breathing on me. That is too close. If you are almost touching me, that is too close. Fucking weirdos.

Glad I am a scary looking fucker to a lot of the public, when you look at someone and purposely chuff like a big predator that helps too. :p

I am already over this crap, I am pretty sure I already had it anyhow, but if not, and it's my time, then fuck it.

I have hunted big game, done extreme sports, raced MX, cars, boats, and countless other times I COULD have lost my life....

If it's a damn bug, that's a sad end haha! ;)

Funny as hell, most people take their mask off to talk to me (because I am not wearing one), the cute checker at Von's takes it off when it's my turn rofl....

I would guess most people who have worked through this feel similarly.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
If I have to go some place, I go right before closing time. The selection might be a little less but there are no crowds. It's like I have my own store to myself.
Closing time is 8, 9 and 10 O'clock depending on the day around here.

This is my MO as well. Did it last night for groceries. If something is out of stock I go to a second store. IF still not what I need I hit up the store first thing in the morning after they have restocked.

One store no mandatory mask the other was mandatory. Here in Hawaii they are making masks mandatory in public. Gotta love the liberal state we live in.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That place has gotten stupid Stupid over the last few years...

Did they change owners or something??
You were probably there when it was "Arrow Pipe and Steel"...was cool then. Then Patton bought them out by 96 or 97. Haven't been to any of the Patton yards in 8 years or so...The one in Ontario was cool. I'd make the rounds: Patton, J&G (?), McFadden/Dale and Aircraft Spruce. Spend a ton of money, but come home with lot's of hot rod stuff.

No masks, hell, I don't think OSHA was even hanging around much...

H2O

Reaction score
A mask is most effective at preventing you from touching your face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I thought the mask was most effective at keeping infected individuals (some asymptotic) from spewing droplets onto healthy people?

spew.png

grumpy88

Reaction score

Careful what you wish for . This will be my second trip to the river this month . I have another 7days off unpaid ! I am financialy prepaired but it does not make it all that fun .

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
And the doctors still prescribed smoking for a cough. Comparing the swine flue (Spanish flu and swine flu are both H1N1) in 1918 to now is like being concerned that the black plague will kill as many people now as it did in the middle ages, you know with their advanced medicine and all.

Glad to see more and more people using their head with this stuff but I'm still a bit disappointed with how many are blindly following on here

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk