WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Social Distancing rules and etiquette

Taboma

Reaction score
On any normal day, I'm a huge fan of lots of "Personal Space" --- The more the better in my book. However during these trying times with anxiety levels peaked and personal well being at risk, we're all being asked to observe it and rightfully so.

Yesterday my wife and I ran to the local Walgreens so I could pick up my meds. Store was fairly empty and I immediately noticed blue masking tape place in the main isles, sure enough, at 6' intervals. OK, that makes sense.

My wife and I were waiting for our turn at the Pharmacy window, faithfully standing on our designated 6' blue line. About them a young mother with her child, both wearing virus masks walks up from the opposite direction and takes up a position right in front of us. WTF :mad: I figured it was one of those days when you not only feel invisible, but in fact apparently are. :oops:
Just as I started to say something, my wife took charge, got her attention and issued directions for her to find the blue line behind us and move to it. Of course this required that she pass us much closer than 6', at best 2'.
Business as normal at the pharm window, no drama or theatrics. Pharmacist gal's a sweetie ;)

On the way out, I remembered my beer supply was a bit low and not wanting to deal with Costco or Wallyworld, I figured I'd just grab a 30 pack. We walked to the register closer to the front door, waiting for assistance as nobody was standing there. About then, this albino haired punk-ass kid-clerk approaches and starts barking orders like some Marine drill instructor ---- " YOU must remain 6' from me at all times" he sternly shouts, not once but three fucking times :mad: Grrrrr, sure, so I step forward to set the case of beer on the counter so he can ring it up ---- NO, he shouts again repeating his 6' orders. :mad::mad:
OK, now my good manners are getting seriously thin, so I nicely inquired how I was supposed to remain 6' back while placing the case of beer on the counter ? 🤔 Followed with me clearly stating, "How about you just back the fuck up" , that prompted a brief poke from my dear wife, lol 😂
Things only got more heated and went down hill accordingly as I felt compelled to reveal to him his customer service short-comings, but I didn't get arrested so it's all in good fun. :oops:

Anyway, I'm looking for guidance for appropriate rules and proper etiquette as I do my best to weather this crisis and not end up incarcerated. :rolleyes:

I obviously get the premise of the 6' social distancing guidelines, love it !! But, how does this work in real life environments. Like as an example, shopping for grocery's.
Most store isles are not 6' or wider. Are we allowed to pass each other in opposite directions ? Or will isles become designated 'One Way' forcing us to follow at 6' intervals and patiently wait for the shopper 6' in front of us to find and grab his or her choice before we can all proceed forward again ? Are they going to install signals at intersections ?
The same could be said for encountering neighbors out on walks or walking their pooches ---- do we cross to the other side of the street, or walk through somebody's yard to maintain that distance ?

Anybody seen any hard rules on this ? I'd rather avoid any further social awkwardness and tensions as I experienced yesterday for the first time during my lengthy life (So far anyway) in fact this whole ordeal is new for me ;)

Andy B.

Reaction score
So sick of this social distancing bullshit!!! Social this social that social media. Fuck just say stay 6 ft away from people everything has a saying now just say what the fuck you mean!!! Ok rant over. 😁

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
If the kid is that afraid he should stay home the f home 😂

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
IMG_0486.jpg