WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Solar and wind power? Watch this:

Nordie

Reaction score
I actually worked on the Ivanpah failure...talk about a huge waste of money. Yes they almost canceled the 3rd tower because they found too many tortoises. They were caged up on site, I've seen the cages area.

Also Ivanpah is owned by a middle eastern company, and with the land grants and the green energy grants that company owns it free and clear, then sells the power back to California.

Harry Reids son had ties with a Chinese company that wanted the Bundy Ranch land to build a solar farm out in mesquite. We saw how that played out.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I actually worked on the Ivanpah failure...talk about a huge waste of money. Yes they almost canceled the 3rd tower because they found too many tortoises. They were caged up on site, I've seen the cages area.

Also Ivanpah is owned by a middle eastern company, and with the land grants and the green energy grants that company owns it free and clear, then sells the power back to California.

Harry Reids son had ties with a Chinese company that wanted the Bundy Ranch land to build a solar farm out in mesquite. We saw how that played out.
the tortoise was endangered but they found almost 10x as many as they expected out there.

DLC

Reaction score
the tortoise was endangered but they found almost 10x as many as they expected out there.

funny but if you were building a golf course or a housing community do you think they would allow you to just dig up tortoise’s ? Ahhhhh HELL no....

But because it solar let’s grab shovels and start digging up those little guys....

Wolskis

Reaction score
Good info.

The sight of a bird being fried to death is so common at the Ivanpah Solar Plant in California's Mojave Desert, that workers have nicknamed the smouldering birds "streamers", because they leave tiny wisps of white smoke behind as they burn up in the sky.

SixD9R

Reaction score
Don’t tell the libs that wind and solar are a waste of time time and money. You would be better off yelling in the middle of the desert than trying to penetrate their thick skulls.

Nordie

Reaction score
Good info.

The sight of a bird being fried to death is so common at the Ivanpah Solar Plant in California's Mojave Desert, that workers have nicknamed the smouldering birds "streamers", because they leave tiny wisps of white smoke behind as they burn up in the sky.

How about that green energy lol...wonder when the bleeding hearts are going to attack latex gloves and face masks for ending up in the ocean like plastic straws. Can't wait until they ban that shit.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Built my own solar power system for my property at Lake Oroville 20 years ago I always wondered when the BP solar panels were going to fail as life expectancy was about 20 years...No need to worry about that now since the 50 mile long fire burned everything to the ground in September???...

Justfishing

Reaction score
The liberals dont care as long as pollution occurs elsewhere. We have dismantled the manufacturing base and all the equipment was bought by china think old steel and lead smelters.

Now the mining of lithium and other metals wreak havoc in areas with little environmental regulation. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...nvironmental-impact-of-lithium-batteries/amp/

Container ships brining cheap goods to US are massive polluters.

How is the brown haze over the pacific? Does anyone remember the china olympics when they worried about air quality for the atheletes.

We export our pollution but the environmentalist in the US pats themselves on the back for ruling your life while accomplishing little. Like the video shows nuclear power is cheaper and does more to clean the air.

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
...Built my own solar power system for my property at Lake Oroville 20 years ago I always wondered when the BP solar panels were going to fail as life expectancy was about 20 years...No need to worry about that now since the 50 mile long fire burned everything to the ground in September???...

There was a massive recall/lawsuit on BP panels. Look it up, chances are, if you have those panels, you will get new panels at no charge.

20 years ago is the right timeframe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Very good watch. Like is always said it’s about “the feel good movement” this bad this good but at what cost.

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
Nuclear is the only way. Watching that faggy guy lay down truth was difficult. Facts remain...teslas need power.

Pelon

Reaction score
Actual HONEST REASONING WITHOUT THE GREED BIAS??? I'm shocked !!!

Not quite "honest". He still bases his ideology on the premise that fossil fuels and the increase in CO2 is the cause of recent increases in global temperature. Not proven, but theoretical and speculative and promoted for political reasons.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
There was a massive recall/lawsuit on BP panels. Look it up, chances are, if you have those panels, you will get new panels at no charge.

20 years ago is the right timeframe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
...Thank you ...my guess would be that I still have the receipt for them ...if I don’t I remember where I bought them from Buel Solar in Topanga Canyon...
...Now that I think about it I probably don’t have the receipt... the panels were BP ...the inverter and the charge controller were Trace and all that stuff and info I’m pretty sure went up in the fire...

...Maybe I should call the EPA representative because they’re doing the usual and giving me the runaround I’ll call them and ask them if they’ve seen my panels...lol...

... Probably
C13F8435-3559-4616-8E54-09F8B2AD91F6.jpeg
2FB5CC4A-75CD-4AF6-9275-589D9B8F8B84.jpeg
was a hell of a boom with all the propane I had up there and the Trojan T105 battery bank...
161A9F03-5D6A-48E2-AE3E-CE3124868001.jpeg

Last edited:

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
...Thank you ...my guess would be that I still have the receipt for them ...if I don’t I remember where I bought them from Buel Solar in Topanga Canyon...
...Now that I think about it I probably don’t have the receipt... the panels were BP ...the inverter and the charge controller were Trace and all that stuff and info I’m pretty sure went up in the fire...

...Maybe I should call the EPA representative because they’re doing the usual and giving me the runaround I’ll call them and ask them if they’ve seen my panels...lol...

... Probably View attachment 977169 View attachment 977170 was a hell of a boom with all the propane I had up there and the Trojan T105 battery bank... View attachment 977172

You may have voided the warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammer

Reaction score
Maybe a Vin but what the hey:

Listen to every word - watch the whole video:

Great Video. Thank you for sharing.

Taboma

Reaction score

... Probably View attachment 977169 View attachment 977170 was a hell of a boom with all the propane I had up there and the Trojan T105 battery bank... View attachment 977172

In contrasting amazement to the burn carnage is the amount of green growth that remains and will now thrive on the ashes of the fallen. When our house burned in the 07' Wildfire, to see a neighborhood of homes, nothing left but ashes and debris. Yet some surrounding trees and bushes appearing untouched while with others, the ferocity of regrowth from ashes was fascinating to behold. For the most part, anything with remaining roots regrew rapidly. An entire row of 20 year old orange trees completely burned. I had the trunks cut to the dirt, but not ground out. They immediately began to regrow and now 13 years later are larger than before.
Mommy Nature is tenacious.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
You may have voided the warranty

..,lol...I just called Ulrich Buel...Buel Solar in Topanga Canyon who I bought the panels from in1999 and he said that my particular panels are not the ones that were problematic ...he also said you need to turn in the old panels which obviously I cannot...lol...He also said he’s got quite a few 240 W panels that were from a fire area but they were not burned ...so I’m probably gonna run out there during the week and buy a few???...At this point I’m not sure what I would do with them other than maybe mount a couple on the roof of my 5th wheel...Dunno???..,. sounds like he’s got quite a few...

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
..,lol...I just called Ulrich Buel...Buel Solar in Topanga Canyon who I bought the panels from in1999 and he said that my particular panels are not the ones that were problematic ...he also said you need to turn in the old panels which obviously I cannot...lol...He also said he’s got quite a few 240 W panels that were from a fire area but they were not burned ...so I’m probably gonna run out there during the week and buy a few???...At this point I’m not sure what I would do with them other than maybe mount a couple on the roof of my 5th wheel...Dunno???..,. sounds like he’s got quite a few...

How you holding up? You going to rebuild?

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
How you holding up? You going to rebuild?

...Thanks for asking...Old age and a health issues have taken their toll... probably not gonna rebuild but I’m not gonna sell the property ...at least at this point...Who knows where things are going to go...if the tension gets so thick here in North Hollywood and it’s an absolute necessity to bail out... I’ve always got my fifth wheel trailer and my Dodge ram with a Lance camper...I’ve always got some place to go... there’s nothing there but at least it’s mine...
... I have been steadily looking for a place in the foothills somewhere but there really isn’t anything that I found that appeals to me as of yet...So Dunno???...

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
In contrasting amazement to the burn carnage is the amount of green growth that remains and will now thrive on the ashes of the fallen. When our house burned in the 07' Wildfire, to see a neighborhood of homes, nothing left but ashes and debris. Yet some surrounding trees and bushes appearing untouched while with others, the ferocity of regrowth from ashes was fascinating to behold. For the most part, anything with remaining roots regrew rapidly. An entire row of 20 year old orange trees completely burned. I had the trunks cut to the dirt, but not ground out. They immediately began to regrow and now 13 years later are larger than before.
... Maybe I should plant orange trees???...lol...
... Thanks for the heads up on the ash as fertilizer I had completely forgotten about that...

BajaMike

Reaction score
Solarwinds (security hack) should be getting more attention than solar and wind energy but that's just my opinion...

Agree. The Solarwinds hack is the biggest story that no one wants to talk about. I never used it in the 20,000 workstations and servers I managed. Luckily now I’m retired.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score

This is common on trees. Think about it this way. The root system is fully developed, live and full of stored resources. This means that the tree can organize a huge push over a few years to regrow the top portion. The second thing to be aware of is the regrowth is probably rootstock. Most fruit trees are grown on a different rootstock than what people consider the tree itself. it is also common for rootstock to grow very aggressively when "released" from the rest of the tree. I would bet a beer that's what is happening there. Rootstock either fruits little or is in some stage of inedible.

Taboma

Reaction score
This is common on trees. Think about it this way. The root system is fully developed, live and full of stored resources. This means that the tree can organize a huge push over a few years to regrow the top portion. The second thing to be aware of is the regrowth is probably rootstock. Most fruit trees are grown on a different rootstock than what people consider the tree itself. it is also common for rootstock to grow very aggressively when "released" from the rest of the tree. I would bet a beer that's what is happening there. Rootstock either fruits little or is in some stage of inedible.

About half my avocado trees did regrow from the Topa Topa rootstock, they continue to grow, although small more for ground shade, as they survive from rain and a little from the few producing trees I do still water. The fruit is small and certainly edible, but not worth the bother.
The oranges are all from below the graft rootstock, oddly the fruit is quite large and sweet, I share them with whomever wants some. One neighbor picks them for juice and leaves me beer in exchange. 👍 I barely water them, the roots are over 30 years old, I use them as a privacy hedge --- A VERY THORNY ONE, probably one of the undesirable attributes of the original species later relegated to rootstock, thorns are an inch long and will penetrate armor plating. 😂
I have one old Tangerine tree, pre-fire produced fruit guaranteed to kill a diabetic, now it's cute, because it's half Tangerine and half lemon, which was the rootstock. The tangerines are OK, not like before, but the lemons are huge, like softballs, except larger, but those thorns --- HOLY SHIT, that tree is scary to trim, that tree is a living weapon. :eek:

One amazing think post-fire were the numbers of live oak trees that sprung up everywhere and pines, a lot of baby pines. The wind that brought the fire, also brought many seeds for the re-birth that followed.