WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Solar

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
Anyone here used Esmay to go solar in Havasu? Good? Bad ?

Thanks

Gary

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I know one guy that got a quote, and it was double what they felt it should be.. Other than that I don't really have any info. I talked to Andy (Palomar Solar) about going Solar on my house, and he said that with the electric rates being what they are, he wasn't sure that it would be worth it.

Hopefully he will chime in.

RD

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Esmay built the house I owned in Havasu back in the early 90's.

I've seen their signs for solar and was wondering why they stopped building homes.

Scott E

Reaction score
I talked to Andy (Palomar Solar) about going Solar on my house, and he said that with the electric rates being what they are, he wasn't sure that it would be worth it.

Hopefully he will chime in.

RD

Andy told me the same thing at the Havasu Boat Show. To me, that is a sign integrity, tells me it is not worth it as opposed to trying to sell the system just to make a buck.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Esmay built the house I owned in Havasu back in the early 90's.

I've seen their signs for solar and was wondering why they stopped building homes.
Esmay the builder was the brother of Esmay the electrician who is selling all the Solar;)

The elder Esmay decided to retire when the last downturn hit.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
For a lease? Or a buy?

Never ever lease a system. Total scam.
Esmay is a Sunpower dealer so they are big on leasing but some are buying. I can tell you that it is definitely more difficult to sell a house with a leased solar system on it.

BasilHayden

Reaction score
He was talking purchase but its hard to buy Sunpower, especially at a fair price but I look forward to seeing what they pitch. I still say if you want real payback in AZ, the DIY route is the only way to get there, otherwise your waiting longer than most are comfortable with.

Code3Havasu

Reaction score
Has there been any major difference in your Unisource bill with going solar in Havasu ? I want to add a split AC system to my RV garage, and perhaps a pool shortly after but worried about how much the bill will sky rocket. The past few months I have averaged around $100 which in comparison to SCE is nothing, but if we can get it lower it might be worth the investment.