WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sold this boat today, thx Rusty and Ultra

kiethco

Reaction score
Last Memorial Day Monday I was putting my boat in storage, my boating season over, when I ran into Rusty and crew at their shop. Ultra builds a great boat and they're plenty busy. Still, they took my boat in. Most custom shops wouldn't touch a job like mine, I get it, but I get the feeling Rusty is a scrapper and hasn't forgot where he came from. Cash flow is king and I take small jobs to keep money coming in too. He worked with me, saved money when he could, but wouldn't cut corners, he made it clear, his name was gonna be on it.
The Ultra job repairing to my transom and stringers was top notch, better than the factory Sleekcraft rigging when done(not hard to do,lol).
Rusty also re rigged my new to me 26' boat and had it going 2 days after dropping it off in August because he"felt sorry for me after my 23' took a dive with the bad transom. I dropped the 26' off on Saturday, 3 days later on Tuesday he sent me pics of the lake trials. He had pulled two motors, installed the fresh one into the 26' and dialed it in, wow.
So, I sold my 23' today and was able to recoup some of my money, I was ready to scrap the boat last summer. I took a gamble that I'd be able to recoup a few grand with the repair and restore job. The new owner is impressed with the condition.
My 26 got dropped off to Ultra last Monday and is getting new gauges, trim tabs and engine cover lift along with some trailer upgrades. It's nice to have a shop that fits my needs, is accommodating and within my budget. Rusty and Ultra advertise on RDP and I can highly recommend them. I believe he works on most anything. So, when's the first Havasu trip? I'm thinking March 31-April 3rd.
And there she goes! boatsold2.jpg boatsold.jpg