WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Some people are wondering what is this section?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well the answer is simple. If you ask a legit tech question, and the board, or experts (mfg's, rigging shops) come on and answer it.. I don't want to see that usefull information get burried over the years under a 100 pages of chit chat.

So we created the wizdom section.

For example, someone with a wake boat asked a question about teak swim steps. It was answered in detail by someone else that had just gone through it, so it was moved here.

Schiada plate adjustment starting point was asked.. So the 3 experts that we have on the board all 3 chimed in. Being that he's not going to get any better advice then that anywhere on the planet, we should preserve it for other people in the future etc..

That is the wizdom section.

The threads that are moved here might be "cleaned" of idle chit chat, to get to just a straight question and answer.
RD

mitch6601

HMFIC
Reaction score
Dave this is a great idea, I asked about the swim step and I got the straight answers I needed and now it looks almost new.

Any thoughts of starting a wake/ski boat section? Kinda like the Schiada section. I really dont know how many of those users are on here but it sure would be good due to the large number of manufacturers out there and the amount of boats that are in this category. I love the schiada style of boat and someday (far future unless I win the lotto) I will own one.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Mitch I would do it, but it would seem on the other boating forums it has been tried and almost always failed..

I know of 6 or 7 of them on here, so it's not really worth a section.. Especially not with wakeworld, tigeowners, mastercraft.com etc..

It'd be impossible to compete with those kinda sites and make it work.

RD

mitch6601

HMFIC
Reaction score
Dave,
Thanks for the intel, I wasnt aware of the past failures with other sites.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave,
Thanks for the intel, I wasnt aware of the past failures with other sites.

Hotboat tried it for awhile.. Hell even PB tried it awhile back. It's almost impossible to really break into that market and be successfull, unless teh whole site is dedicated to those kind of boats exclusively.

RD