WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Some people never give up

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
So as a lot of you know I have a new boat, not a cheap boat by any means. well time to tell the story.
I have always had good credit so getting a loan was never even a second thought. unlike a lot of people I'm not the type to pay cash for everything. right or wrong thats just been my thing.
Well with all the crap that happened in the last couple of years. divorce. covid just a couple of things I ended up selling the company for zero money but kept everyone employed. with the understanding that the bonuses and such would be substantial. unfortunately covid stayed with us longer than anyone thought and the company didn't do any business for 8 months ( zero)
Well I had made an offer on a cigarette last year and got turned down. they didn't like the no paycheck for months. go figure. well it also turns out the the new owners were late on some payments ( which were still in my name) so my credit is down over 100 points
Then along comes my holy Grail of boats on the market, can't stand it and have to go take a look. it is fantastic but not having money to pay for it was an issue. business was picking up and it looks liked I was going to be fine, get paid the money that is owed and I'm golden.
then the shit hits the fan. not getting paid for one reason or another my credit it shit. its all over ( Poor me)

Well then the knight in shining armor shows up

Devin Wozencraft ( of insurance fame) has a branch doing boat loans. we have a long discussion about what the reality of pulling this off is, the boat is over 10 years old, its a pleasure boat but since it says Cigarette Racing it really limits the places that will do loans,
He checks around and not having much luck but keeps trying, then comes up with a place that will do it but have to put more money down, ( that is when all my stuff went up for sale )
It was a challenge but somehow he pulled it off, it was frustrating and took a long time but the guy never gave up. I went though the whole list of places trying to get a loan and somehow he was the one that made it happen.

WYRD

Reaction score
Well not that it's any of my business but glad you were able to make it work and ended up with a hell of a boat!

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
So as a lot of you know I have a new boat, not a cheap boat by any means. well time to tell the story.
I have always had good credit so getting a loan was never even a second thought. unlike a lot of people I'm not the type to pay cash for everything. right or wrong thats just been my thing.
Well with all the crap that happened in the last couple of years. divorce. covid just a couple of things I ended up selling the company for zero money but kept everyone employed. with the understanding that the bonuses and such would be substantial. unfortunately covid stayed with us longer than anyone thought and the company didn't do any business for 8 months ( zero)
Well I had made an offer on a cigarette last year and got turned down. they didn't like the no paycheck for months. go figure. well it also turns out the the new owners were late on some payments ( which were still in my name) so my credit is down over 100 points
Then along comes my holy Grail of boats on the market, can't stand it and have to go take a look. it is fantastic but not having money to pay for it was an issue. business was picking up and it looks liked I was going to be fine, get paid the money that is owed and I'm golden.
then the shit hits the fan. not getting paid for one reason or another my credit it shit. its all over ( Poor me)

Devin Wozencraft ( of insurance fame) has a branch doing boat loans. we have a long discussion about what the reality of pulling this off is, the boat is over 10 years old, its a pleasure boat but since it says Cigarette Racing it really limits the places that will do loans,
He checks around and not having much luck but keeps trying, then comes up with a place that will do it but have to put more money down, ( that is when all my stuff went up for sale )
It was a challenge but somehow he pulled it off, it was frustrating and took a long time but the guy never gave up. I went though the whole list of places trying to get a loan and somehow he was the one that made it happen.

Guess He bought a house in the Cape..Good Guy

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Making your dreams come true..... LOL

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
The new owners of what ? What were they late making payments on ?

River Runnin

Reaction score
worthlesswoutpics.gif

Lumpy

Reaction score

Good for you!!!
I have a similar story but won't even start.
Have a great and safe weekend.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Fuck it, life is short… buy the boat!!! I like your attitude. Can’t wait to see the boat, it looks bad ass 👍👍

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I sold the company and they were late on lease payments, yeah I know it should have not worked out the way,
Let me see if I’m reading this correctly , you have no money , people who bought your business have defaulted on payments to you , bad credit , no job , and you’re trying to get loan to buy a boat ? Am I close ? Sounds perfect 👍

Wedgy

Reaction score
Let me see if I’m reading this correctly , you have no money , people who bought your business have defaulted on payments to you , bad credit , no job , and you’re trying to get loan to buy a boat ? Am I close ? Sounds perfect 👍

And yet, it's a done deal!
Boatless no longer !
Way to stay with it H2O 2e.
When life gives you Lemons...

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Close
Didn’t say I didn’t have money
Have a job

The point of the thread was supposed to be that even if you think there is no chance call Devin
The guy is an animal he worked it until I got my boat

C-2

Reaction score
That's awesome, gotta admire tenacity.

gqchris

Reaction score
So Devin is now the subprime king of boat loans. Noted!

I gotta say, you have more balls then me sir. The younger me would have done the same thing maybe?, but my older self has way too much guilt and chicken shit fear to ever finance a toy like that. Especially if I had to jump hoops and pay points.

Dont get me wrong, that shit would be a blast and Ill be living vicariously thru you as you takr delivery of her!

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
So Devin is now the subprime king of boat loans. Noted!

I gotta say, you have more balls then me sir. The younger me would have done the same thing maybe?, but my older self has way too much guilt and chicken shit fear to ever finance a toy like that. Especially if I had to jump hoops and pay points.

Dont get me wrong, that shit would be a blast and Ill be living vicariously thru you as you takr delivery of her!
Never said i was the smartest person around, but not going to stop enjoying life, buried way to many friends in the last few years, plan is to have it paid off before i retire, then when i get to old to run it i can trade it in on a rocking chair, i don't see buying another performance boat, but who knows .
Going these last 6 years without a boat sucked,

nowski

Reaction score
Great story showing your perseverance to get the boat of your dreams, well done.

Question: Knowing your struggles to get your boat will the upcoming Big Party be a BYOB event or Open Bar??? Asking for a friend or two...

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Glad you got it done, and totally understand the business deal. We got backed into a corner over covid, forced closure, etc. Sold out, and now are dealing with the unfortunate aftermath (on a much smaller scale), hopefully you have remedy on that...ours has gotten nasty with lawyers at this point.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Being in business is a roller coaster, I don't care who you are or what you do.
The last two years have been a disaster for most.
I am really glad that you have your priorities in order.
Same deal, been to too many memorial services in the last year and have one foot out the door.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
great story now go get wasted and start posting!
Now here is the dilemma, want to party because i got the boat, but if i want to use the boat i can't. so now i'm going to have a late start after the bad boy is tied up at the dock and then a lot of catching up to do.
i kind of got use to staggering back to the boat and not being responsible for everyone on board.
Also a big thank you to everyone that has given me rides these last few years.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I was just getting used to the challenge of decoding your posts when you decide to put up a clearly written, no typo message 😂

s_5d34fb52248f7a8cb232dfad.jpg
Oh I’m sure you will have plenty of those coming up

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Congrats on getting another kickass boat! I hope to see it in person one of these days.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Now here is the dilemma, want to party because i got the boat, but if i want to use the boat i can't. so now i'm going to have a late start after the bad boy is tied up at the dock and then a lot of catching up to do.
i kind of got use to staggering back to the boat and not being responsible for everyone on board.
Also a big thank you to everyone that has given me rides these last few years.
I’m sure you will have no issue finding a DD for that beast, lol. Congrats on making the dream come true!

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I’m sure you will have no issue finding a DD for that beast, lol. Congrats on making the dream come true!
No need I’m perfectly happy being the DD
Actually believe it or not most of the time when I go out with friends I drive
It’s just those times when I’m not driving that I might have a few

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
So much easier in the ocean brother.... less hassles.... we'll be waiting when you're ready!

Taboma

Reaction score
Congratulations, now drag those 42' of deep vee beauty to the big blue ocean where it belongs and let that baby loose in her natural environment.

Why look at this Channel

Channel LHC.JPG

When you could be looking at these Channels, Islands that is, hell even invite all your Blue Water boat owning friends to join you.

Channel Islands.JPG

Love the boat, always wanted one, it's the application that needs some rethinking. 🤔 😁

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Congratulations, now drag those 42' of deep vee beauty to the big blue ocean where it belongs and let that baby loose in her natural environment.

Why look at this Channel

View attachment 1054430

When you could be looking at these Channels, Islands that is, hell even invite all your Blue Water boat owning friends to join you.

View attachment 1054438

Love the boat, always wanted one, it's the application that needs some rethinking. 🤔 😁
Havasu is just first stop next weekend we are running around Channel Islands, we will be going from there down to Dana point up until November when we do the trip to key west
Then back out here

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Havasu is just first stop next weekend we are running around Channel Islands, we will be going from there down to Dana point up until November when we do the trip to key west
Then back out here
Hmmmmmm..... I live overlooking Newport Harbor entrance and could be just inside entrance at harbor Patrol pump out station 5 minutes out of your way by if ever want a fun ride along on your way south to Dana Pt..... I'm boatless so you know how it is... "not too proud to beg" as the song goes.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm..... I live overlooking Newport Harbor entrance and could be just inside entrance at harbor Patrol pump out station 5 minutes out of your way by if ever want a fun ride along on your way south to Dana Pt..... I'm boatless so you know how it is... "not too proud to beg" as the song goes.
Sounds good, i go down to Newport a lot, i like just cruising around the harbor plus eating at the Cannery is one of my favorite places.
Need to see if i can get a slip down there for a couple of weekends. In December the xmas lights are amazing in that harbor.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Sounds good, i go down to Newport a lot, i like just cruising around the harbor plus eating at the Cannery is one of my favorite places.
Need to see if i can get a slip down there for a couple of weekends. In December the xmas lights are amazing in that harbor.
Yes indeedy.....Cannery and their valet docking is great.... You may not be aware that you can rent slips for overnights at Harbor Patrol Station closer out towards ocean near me 949-723-1002.... they are first come first serve [not a reservation] and only have about 5 slips so hit or miss kinda thing. I use them when heading to Catalina on dawn runs for flatest water.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
PS... you'd be the Big Dawg go fast here currently.... we only have a part time Outerlimits guy from AZ who has a second home in my hood. I imagine you river rates know him.... its a big one; maybe 42ish and lotsa yellow in graphics. He brings it here throughout the year but he's using it here much less frequently ... getting up in age like us all.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
PS... you'd be the Big Dawg go fast here currently.... we only have a part time Outerlimits guy from AZ who has a second home in my hood. I imagine you river rates know him.... its a big one; maybe 42ish and lotsa yellow in graphics. He brings it here throughout the year but he's using it here much less frequently ... getting up in age like us all.

He goes by @skater40 on here.

RD

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
i saw this Outerlimits cruising around in january
tempImagelP35EZ.png

sintax

Reaction score
Spotted this guy while grabbing some coffee this AM, there were some very unattractive boat bunnies in there though.

You gotta work on that Dan, what i'd expect from you!

cig.jpg

boatnam2

Reaction score
Congrats on the new rig! Most on RDP won't understand the struggle, seems most people here roll cash only. Devin is a solid dude and always done me right when I have used his services.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
That’s the baddest MoFo. You’ve definitely busted your ass for it, congrats 👍

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
I kept looking in the monster roll call thread for these very pictures. Glad I looked before I said anything.

Congratulations, she's beautiful.