WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Some Pics from the Long Beach Sprints 2014

IN AWE

I'm surounded by assholes
Reaction score
Here are a few pics that the wife took.

GN3.jpg IMG_0345.JPG IMG_0347.JPG IMG_0393.JPG IMG_0404.JPG IMG_0408.JPG IMG_0436.JPG IMG_0439.JPG IMG_0450.JPG IMG_0495.JPG IMG_0497.JPG IMG_0543.JPG IMG_0566.JPG IMG_0636.JPG IMG_0651.JPG IMG_0652.JPG IMG_0670.JPG IMG_0895.JPG IMG_0927.JPG IMG_0941.JPG IMG_0943.JPG IMG_0978.JPG IMG_0986.JPG IMG_0997.JPG

TBulger

Reaction score
Your wife is really on the ball with this, thank you. In the 1st pic, is the boat really out of the water like this in the calm water or accelerating hard and going over small swell? :)

IN AWE

Reaction score
In the 1st pic, is the boat really out of the water like this in the calm water or accelerating hard and going over small swell? :)

Coming out of the turn and punching it hard and trying to get the boat to take a set, a little rough water right there after a couple laps.

IN AWE

Reaction score
All these pics were taken with a outdated 9 year old Canon Rebel Xt. All 8 megapixels worth.

FlatNv

Reaction score
Thanks IA.. great pics! scary pics of K136, glad he was OK

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Nice pics. I was with John ( Yopengo) and he said that you were in the USC canopy. When we got to CambpellCarls MoHO on the other side we looked across and seen several USC tents. :D Fight On .

primetime

Reaction score
Nice pics. I was with John ( Yopengo) and he said that you were in the USC canopy. When we got to CambpellCarls MoHO on the other side we looked across and seen several USC tents. :D Fight On .

I was under the USC e z up

Hammer

Reaction score
Great pics ! The action shots of the crash are crazy. Thank you for sharing, the wife got some cool shots !

:thumbup:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407100734.930641.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407100750.630474.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407100793.820788.jpg

Glad he was ok...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Our second contender for the Gibson exhaust! :)

Awesome pics!!

IN AWE

Reaction score
Cleaned these up a bit.
IMG_1159.jpg IMG_1160.jpg IMG_1161.jpg IMG_1162.jpg IMG_1163.jpg IMG_1164.jpg IMG_1165 (2).jpg IMG_1165.jpg IMG_1166.jpg IMG_1167.jpg

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, I had to stay back and work this weekend :grumble::grumble::grumble:

69GS

Reaction score
Thanks for the great pics.:thumbup:

707dog

Reaction score
great shots...good shots of my buddy's ps757 boat too thanks:thumbsup

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
[video=youtube;wziWyMwzXd8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wziWyMwzXd8[/video]

jesco

Reaction score
[video=youtube;wziWyMwzXd8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wziWyMwzXd8[/video]

Great vid. Worst part about the crash was the boat was "suppose" to go to a new owner after the race Sunday...... Glad the driver walked away with no injuries

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Great vid. Worst part about the crash was the boat was "suppose" to go to a new owner after the race Sunday...... Glad the driver walked away with no injuries
Ouch. That hurts the wallet just a little more. [emoji20]

I heard the driver was racing the PS/SS boat later that day. (Unconfirmed)

I do know that he raced 4 rounds Sunday in the other boat. Amazing!!! [emoji106]

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Great images. Thanks for sharing.

I drug Bobby down on Saturday. By the time I saw your green EZ up and Primetime's USC EZ up we were on the other side heading towards Camp Carl.

I would have stopped by but that was a long fucking walk.

This was my first time at the event so I know what to expect next time.

1) Pack Carls RV with Beer and water prior to the event. The asshole would not take my money. As always Carl is a great host. Makes everyone feel welcome. Nice RDP group hanging around the RV.

2) Bring a bike. Long walk from the pits to Camp Carl.

3) Park closer.

4) Invite Bobby... since I drove he paid my way in and bought Linner. Ill drive every time...

5) Post EZ up locations/ colors prior so we can make the rounds and meet some new faces.

6) GN boats are fucking insane. My favorite "class". It was nice to see the GN7 boat out there. I know the owner is a crotchety ol fuck and is having health issues and it was really nice to see his sled on the water.

7) Have an exit strategy ready. I was next to Dylan's wife and kiddo. If the shit hit the fan I could grab both and tuck behind Carl's RV in about three steps. Those GN boats (I think 10 running at the same time) are nuts.

I had to leave a little early so I could pick my kid up from camp but I had a great time. The event is very old school. Walking the pits... everyone was willing to lend a hand or tools. Very grassroots and family friendly.

I really want to try to hit Burley next year.

~ Pengo

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

I drug Bobby down on Saturday. By the time I saw your green EZ up and Primetime's USC EZ up we were on the other side heading towards Camp Carl.

1) Pack Carls RV with Beer and water prior to the event. The asshole would not take my money. As always Carl is a great host. Makes everyone feel welcome. Nice RDP group hanging around the RV.

3) Park closer.

4) Invite Bobby... since I drove he paid my way in and bought Linner. Ill drive every time...

5) Post EZ up locations/ colors prior so we can make the rounds and meet some new faces.

6) GN boats are fucking insane. My favorite "class". It was nice to see the GN7 boat out there. I know the owner is a crotchety ol fuck and is having health issues and it was really nice to see his sled on the water.

7) Have an exit strategy ready. I was next to Dylan's wife and kiddo. If the shit hit the fan I could grab both and tuck behind Carl's RV in about three steps. Those GN boats (I think 10 running at the same time) are nuts.

I had to leave a little early so I could pick my kid up from camp but I had a great time. The event is very old school. Walking the pits... everyone was willing to lend a hand or tools. Very grassroots and family friendly.

~ Pengo

Its DINNER and i'm not paying next year. :p

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score

3) Park closer.

~ Pengo
Boat racers are an old school group. It is always a really cool atmosphere. [emoji106]

CampbellCarl

Reaction score

3) Park closer.

~ Pengo

Thank you for kind words John....I hope it was a 'real experience' for you and Bobby. You see, it's not just the boat racing that make these events so special....it's the getting together of old friends and mixing in some new that creates the magic. The total time spent actually racing during the entire weekend probably doesn't add up to 90 minutes so that leaves about 40 hours to socialize, laugh, tell stories, sleep, eat and drink.....

Old school is a badge that I wear proudly.....in 'old-school', what matters is the friendship, not the credit, the cocktail, not who paid for it, the BBQ, not who BBQ'd, the repair of the boat, not who did it, the participation in the racing, not who won it.....

Some get it.....some don't....kinda like a flatbottom v-drive, you either get it.....or you don't....

Carl

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Thank you for kind words John....I hope it was a 'real experience' for you and Bobby. You see, it's not just the boat racing that make these events so special....it's the getting together of old friends and mixing in some new that creates the magic. The total time spent actually racing during the entire weekend probably doesn't add up to 90 minutes so that leaves about 40 hours to socialize, laugh, tell stories, sleep, eat and drink.....

Old school is a badge that I wear proudly.....in 'old-school', what matters is the friendship, not the credit, the cocktail, not who paid for it, the BBQ, not who BBQ'd, the repair of the boat, not who did it, the participation in the racing, not who won it.....

Some get it.....some don't....kinda like a flatbottom v-drive, you either get it.....or you don't....

Carl
Yup, you get it!

Since I have gotten involved in boat racing, both as a spectator and as a crew member, I have met some of the best people that have ever come into my life.

[emoji106]

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
Yup, you get it!

Since I have gotten involved in boat racing, both as a spectator and as a crew member, I have met some of the best people that have ever come into my life.

[emoji106]

you don't get around much...

HULLSHOT

Reaction score
Great shots thanks for sharing with us.
I like to see how my boat runs to see if it's doing what I'm feeling. :thumbsup

IN AWE

Reaction score
There have got to be more pics out there?

What are you asking for? More pics of your boat or just pics in general? I was only there on Saturday and only have 1700 photos to choose from so be specific please. [emoji12]

overpriced hallet

Reaction score
What are you asking for? More pics of your boat or just pics in general? I was only there on Saturday and only have 1700 photos to choose from so be specific please. [emoji12]
you got any of the 227 boat?

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Boat looked great. Camp Carl was rooting for you... well I was. :D How was Sunday?

<<< Only there Saturday

Andy and team did a GREAT job all weekend! He finished 2nd in the GN 20 lap main on Sunday and was actually reeling in the GN 44 boat until Daddy Dave Rankin (in the 44) 'shut' the front door on Andy on the last lap (or maybe it was second to last lap).

idk

Reaction score
Sixth pic in last group.....red(ish) PS757

Mr. Carl I met you on sat. night, I came over to the wild side with Mr. Eason I didn't realize it was the famous Campbellcarl till after I left well it was nice meeting you.
Roger

IN AWE

Reaction score
you got any of the 227 boat?

Was this the drivers first race? (That's what I heard) If so he settled in real nice. I have already posted some pics of the boat I will put up some more shortly.