WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Some Sat & fiber optic TV tips and tales, It's a changing market:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Everytime I opened the Time Warner cable bill, it jumped another 6 bux.

I think I'm the last guy on the block with cable other than a neighbor that works for Time Warner.

We have Direct satelite in the RV, and the programming is way better than our cable for way less money, so Alice told me to make the switch to Crestfallen manor.
I'm just a ranchhand in her life when it come to house projects.

If ya do this,, have the Sat installers come out for a talk only first. Get it settled way before the installation begins where ya want the dish.
I didn't do that.

They mounted the big HD oval dish on the chiminy with the big white cables running down the roof.
It looks like hell on tiny Crackerbox Crestfallen Manor.

So, I've re-negotiated a re-location of the dish to Maynards toy garden.
Below eyeline,, outta site.

I figured Jim Boatnam would say to his kids: "A kid would be proud to have a big star wars dish mounted in his toy garden", so I tried the Boatnam method,, and Maynard bit.
I gotta blame someone.

Direct will pay for a concrete foundation and a mounting pole to be installed, all I have to do is run 2" elect conduit wide radius back to the box.

So then, as the direct tv guys drive off,,,, a ATT rep knocked on the door and offered their new fiber optic service to the house. 1 month of TV and Internet free to try it out.

We'll try the ATT cable internet, but ya gotta at lest sample the ATT TV service to get the ATT internet which will be highspeed for $20.

The ATT system is cool. It's completely wireless through the home. TV's computers,, all wireless. And ALL channels available seem to be on the service, and it's all about $79 a month. We'll just keep the net portion.

You can only run 4 TV's and only one can be HDTV with ATT
Fair enough for now for most folk.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
ATT hispeed net for twenty a month?
I'd kill for that.
Stuck in dial-up hell. The phone lines out here are the ones they put up as they were taking the telegraph wires down. Freakin junk.:mad:
Sat net is nuts, comcast will let me on for just a hundy a month.:mad:
Not likely Commucast.:swear
Supposedly, they have us on their schedule for DSL availability...in 2010.
:mad::mad:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Direct is working on their own sat internet service, not yet avail.

The ATT is pretty darn good, and it offers up some competition to the cable company.