WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

D

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
No...A family member doesnt believe suicides are up and says mass shootings are down.

getting tired of the banter as I go back and forth. They think I make shit up.

this is one topic I need some stats for
Thanks

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It's the weirdest thing...all the government sites, like NIMH and the national suicide prevention center are showing everything to 2018...
Almost as if they don't want you to compare 2019 to 2020. Nothing available that I've found yet for 2019.
I'll keep looking though.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
No...A family member doesnt believe suicides are up and says mass shootings are down.

getting tired of the banter as I go back and forth. They think I make shit up.

this is one topic I need some stats for
Thanks

Well, reporting of both are certainly down.

The biggest “mass shooting” of the year happened in DC (who’s murder rate like EVERY OTHER dem city is dramatically higher than last year).
In August, 21 people were shot at a single event...a bbq. Didn’t hear about it? Well, you’re not alone. Granted only one died.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Thanks everybody. Some people just dont want to know the truth.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Ok...now I am told they were referring to elementary school kids. For goodness sakes.

4Waters

Reaction score
Firefighter took his 17 year old son to North OC indoor range in Brea couple weeks back. Son put pistol to his head in front of his Dad and pulled the trigger.
Sad
Oh fuk, I've seen some shit but I couldn't imagine.😥

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Depression is a hell of a drug...
I couldn't imagine watching that unfold.
Very sad.:(

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Firefighter took his 17 year old son to North OC indoor range in Brea couple weeks back. Son put pistol to his head in front of his Dad and pulled the trigger.
Sad

thats life shattering

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The youth is being hit hard by the social media stuff and being stuck at home with only that. Tough home situations are magnified, and social media highlights what is supposed to be good or bad.

This spring a teacher at my wife's school lost a daughter. 13-14 I believe, recently decided she was more boy than girl...and the online keyboard warriors let loose. People seem much braver with their mouths online. Sadly, online and alone the words just keep building up, and I think the already depressed drown with no help. It was sad, as always, another young child gone.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Sad
We had a 17 year old son of a divorced LAPD couple do same thing at home

Mom’e gun

Fuck. Life is not fucking fair. You can only do your best to stay close to those you love.

Heartbreaking that those kids felt that there was only that solution.

Stay close to those you love, it hurts often, we all disagree/bitch/retreat. It's easy to hurt those you love, they are the easiest targets.

Communication is everything.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Fuck. Life is not fucking fair. You can only do your best to stay close to those you love.

Heartbreaking that those kids felt that there was only that solution.

Stay close to those you love, it hurts often, we all disagree/bitch/retreat. It's easy to hurt those you love, they are the easiest targets.

Communication is everything.
Another LAPD Cop’s 15 year old son ran off the top of his school auditorium about five years ago.
Family was done after that.
Hurts to see that Cop now days, you can see the hurt in his eyes.
We’ve had four Cops in last two years I can remember take themselves out , all with guns.
One guy did it so his wife and teen kids would find him.
Pretty sure long term marriage was on the brink, he was 49.

I feel for all involved but honestly am ticked at Cops who do this as they know all too well the devastation on everyone else.
Nothing is worth a permanent solution to a temporary problem.