Someone please explain saunas to me

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
What is so enjoyable about them?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
A Finnish word for a warm room (temperatures around 80-140°C) used for cleansing and relaxation even more importantly. A sauna is equipped with wooden seating (in Finnish lauteet) and a casing holding an amount of stones heated by electricity or by burning wood (kiuas). Water is thrown on these hot rocks to create steam which makes you sweat thus making the dirt on your skin loosen. Traditionally going to sauna is accompanied by couple of beers and swimming in lake (summertime) or rolling in snow (wintertime). For Finns sauna is almost a holy place and great care has to be taken to behave in a corresponding manner (no farting, no yelling :).

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Love em. In mine 3-4 times a week to stretch prior to working out. Great warm up.

Use it on Mondays in conjunction with a steam room, hot tub and a dip in the pool to cool off. It’s more of a mental exercise to see how long one can last. Usually maxes out at 222-225 degrees.

Been preparing for global warming 😉

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I go the sauna 3-4 x week. It really helps loosen up my muscles in my back. I definitely feel better (detox) and the lead and quiet of 40 minutes is a nice mental break.

I am currently going tot he place that has the infrared saunas. As my gym still has there’s closed due to the Rona

nowski

Reaction score
A sauna is the perfect way to get acclimated to those Hot Hot Hot summer days on Mohave, Havasu and the river. It also has many health benefits, too many to list...

Your ad here

Reaction score
My sauna here in Phoenix. Always feel refreshed afterwards.
20210625_073919.jpg

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Awesome with a friend of the opposite sex to enjoy....nothing like sauna sex!

Hawaiian Tropic oil is a fucking fantastic sensual aid..... ;)

Firemanjoe

Reaction score
There is actually more benefit to them just relaxing. Some studies have shown that when you’re in that amount of heat and sweat like that on a regular basis, the body is able to get out a lot of toxins that would normally stay.

My department has saunas in every station and it actually helps get toxins out after fires. After fires I could smell the smoke in my body for about a week after when showering. With time in a sauna after, it’s not there anymore.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
There is actually more benefit to them just relaxing. Some studies have shown that when you’re in that amount of heat and sweat like that on a regular basis, the body is able to get out a lot of toxins that would normally stay.

My department has saunas in every station and it actually helps get toxins out after fires. After fires I could smell the smoke in my body for about a week after when showering. With time in a sauna after, it’s not there anymore.

This makes much more sense than the definition I stole from Urban Dictionary.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
True Story . . . I'll try to make it brief . . . a friends wife was in 2 car accidents (pretty gnarly whiplash) . . . recovered physically, but then started having all sorts of weird, allergy type reactions & shit . . . brutal fatigue. Went to countless doctors, one even mis-diagnosed her with cancer, told her she 6 months tops . . . she looked like walking death. Then on a whim, she went to an alternative holistic healing doctor . . . and he basically said, take a few of such and such minerals, drink a bunch of water and buy a sauna and use it !
I swear to god, I hadn't seen her in maybe a year or so . . . she looked like 20 years younger, full of life, never felt better . . . super funny lady, she laughs, smiles and says "The Hocus Pocus Doctor Saved Me" !!! She still has little flare-ups from time to time she says . . . but that's about it.

hallett21

Reaction score
Does a sauna have more, less or equal benefits to a steam room?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmpirE231

Reaction score
we have an infrared @ home... wife and I both use it at least 2-3x per week. Do some research... major health benefits. the increased heart rate is very similar to cardio, helps blood pressure, carry less water weight, and if you can zone out in there, really good for some mental reset.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@hallett21 the steam room kicks my ass right away and I need to be hyper focused or It’ll overcome me for sure. I don’t need to meditate nearly as much in the sauna and can let the mind wonder while listening to the heating unit creak and grown. Complete opposite with the steam room as the loud bursts of steam want to break concentration.

About to head down for a few miles on the treadmill and a quick hot tub/steam/sauna circuit!

traquer

Reaction score
I love the sauana. Never crosses my mind to use it in the summer though.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
The company I work for installed the fire sprinklers in a new new hotel and had a sauna in Long Beach back in the 90's. We didn't install the higher temperature sprinkler head. First hotel guest to use the sauna got a shower of sprinkler water. :eek: I had to go do the clean up and install a higher temperature fire sprinkler. :p

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Everyone up in Minnesota has one. Taking a suana in the evening is a ritual. There is nothing like soaking in the hot house for 10 minutes than jumping in the lake. We usually do it twice. Then have a nightcap and fall fast asleep.

Better then ambian.

hallett21

Reaction score
I just worked in an attic in agua dulce for an hour. I surprisingly feel great now lol. Easy 130 in the attic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@hallett21 big diff relaxing on a nice teak bench vs. actually doing work 😛

Can y’all believe this is in the middle of downtown Phx below the light rail?
F35F997F-3BDB-4804-B0B2-AB1347CF52C4.jpeg

CA3AE8D4-08E8-4D11-B76D-B3C107FEFBB5.jpeg

6F9F7020-F3D1-474B-9871-2947B06CC5C4.jpeg

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I guess I’m not understanding how sweating your balls off anywhere is relaxing. Seriously, I could go climb up in my attic on any summer day if I want to test myself.

East Wood

Reaction score
is there some sort of a drain for condensation when setup inside a home?

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I used to be a service manager for bally
Total fitness and there were always condoms in the saunas. Dudes be bangin in the fog all day long. No way in hell I’d ever go in a public one. Heeeelllll no.

East Wood

Reaction score

so you can have it inside the house with no problem? stupid question, any condensation or anything to think about? the wife and I are seriously considering putting on in our house. I believe there are models that run off 110 as well and don't need a dedicated circuit.

Just wasnt sure if there was anything I need to consider before putting one inside.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
so you can have it inside the house with no problem? stupid question, any condensation or anything to think about? the wife and I are seriously considering putting on in our house. I believe there are models that run off 110 as well and don't need a dedicated circuit.

Just wasnt sure if there was anything I need to consider before putting one inside.

I know people who have them. I go to a place down the street from my
House.

EmpirE231

Reaction score

ours is infrared, 20 amp outlet needed. These do not make any steam or condensation.... but you will be sweating!

East Wood

Reaction score
cool, ive seen a few infrareds running on 15 amps. is yours just possibly a bigger model?

EmpirE231

Reaction score
cool, ive seen a few infrareds running on 15 amps. is yours just possibly a bigger model?

ours does have more panels for the size... it's considered a 3 person... but realistically 2 person.... 1 person comfortably haha. Ours did specify it needed a 20amp outlet... we got it from Costco.

East Wood

Reaction score
ill check it out. do you guys actually use it and see the health benefits? my wife is excited to get one

EmpirE231

Reaction score
ill check it out. do you guys actually use it and see the health benefits? my wife is excited to get one

yeah we use it at least 3x per week. I believe in the benefits of it, granted we exercise and eat a good diet... I’d say it helps with your cardio, blood pressure, better sleep, less water retention etc. good for your mind to disconnect and zone out. There is a lot of data on benefits of sauna use.... look up dr. Rhonda Patrick.