WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

something is stuck in my eye

ltbaney1

Reaction score
it was my daughters first day of pre school today. it has been all she has talked about for the past month, asks everybody she sees, you go school with me? it was pretty weird watching her go up the steps by herself and then walking her to her class. i promised myself i wouldnt let her see me get teary because i did not want to upset her, but she walked in like a champ, when she turned around and waved to us i almost broke my promise. it still feels like yesterday i was holding her in the hospital.
IMG_8019.jpeg
IMG_4950.jpg
IMG_4952.jpg

4Waters

Reaction score
it was my daughters first day of pre school today. it has been all she has talked about for the past month, asks everybody she sees, you go school with me? it was pretty weird watching her go up the steps by herself and then walking her to her class. i promised myself i wouldnt let her see me get teary because i did not want to upset her, but she walked in like a champ, when she turned around and waved to us i almost broke my promise. it still feels like yesterday i was holding her in the hospital. View attachment 1041870 View attachment 1041871 View attachment 1041872
I remember that day, we did a preschool where a parent volunteered 1 day a week. We were told we could all stay on the first day if we choose. Our first day was not my day to stay, so when I asked my daughter if she wanted me to stay she very quickly answered "No, I'm good you can go" I kept it together long enough to get out of the classroom, I was so proud that she was independent enough to handle a new environment on her own.

She is 14 now

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I remember that day.... our oldest first day was no big deal. I think cause she has always been a bit more independent. Our 2nd though, that was a little more teary cause she was looking forward to it soon much for so long. She was so excited.

1st day of 1st grade for the oldest and 1st day of Preschool for the 2nd. This was last school year.
22436.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
F' me...I now feel like an asshole for missing my kids' first days of school. Was at a jobsite or something way less important. Thought differently then. Made time for physical therapy and speech therapy stuff, but missed lots of "firsts". There's some good dads here...I'll be the first to admit, I'm still a work in progress.

This last weekend though, my sunglasses hid my eyes from my daughter...her first day at school too, college.

Like Ziggy said, it seems like yesterday she was in a car carrier, two bows in her hair.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
As a parent, I’ve realized the kids are excited for every “first” that happens growing up and we as parents are sad knowing it’s leading to that “first” day they leave home for good.

samsah33

Reaction score
Congrats dad, don't blink, it's that quick, 8th grade and 10th grade for mine last week...

Reminds me of an old commercial where a couple teachers are having a conversation about here we go again on the kids' first day of school and let's get ready for all the tears, crying, anxiety, and emotion, and the camera pans to the new students calmly coloring, talking, playing, making friends, etc, then the camera pans to the classroom viewing window and there's all the parents balling... Wish I could find it.

RIVERDAZE

Reaction score
Take it all in and enjoy the milestones, it goes in a flash!
I just left my youngest in Nashville for college Saturday... It was very quiet flight home for the wife and I.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
First day of school
High school graduation
College graduation
Walking her down the aisle......

Feels like they went by about as fast as it took you to read that.
It's all the those and the other memories in between those milestones that really make me smile.....

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Geez my little dude is coming up on 6 months old and I get emotional just looking at how much he’s grown…I can’t imagine the emotions I’ll feel after 18 years of growing-up

IMG_4115.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

badgas

Reaction score
Awesome pics !

Always be there Men !

Enjoy the ride, I walked my daughter down the isle a year ago everyone is spot on with " Don't blink " it comes quick.