WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Something new this way comes (Shockwave)

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Not mine, but I can’t wait to ride in it... I’d be killed if I posted anything other than this.... and the quote I got was “it has quite a bit left in it”

Should get the OK to post full pics tomorrow.

IMG_3202.jpg

Singleton

Reaction score
Twins :)
Now are they 300‘s, 400‘s, 450’s

DWC

Reaction score
450’s on a 26’. That’s gonna flat move out. Those motors have enough mid-range to make a 32’ feel sporty.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking 113mph is on the slower side for 450’s?

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
If a 28 Nordic SS runs 130 with 400s, this seems slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

The Shockwave is a heavier boat and this is a WTOB. John just took delivery and there will obviously be some testing, tuning and seat time needed before it hits its max. Give them time, this is only the 2nd 26 Cat with OB's ever made.

26 Cat with 400's ran 110+.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Not mine, but I can’t wait to ride in it... I’d be killed if I posted anything other than this.... and the quote I got was “it has quite a bit left in it”

Should get the OK to post full pics tomorrow.

View attachment 945785
It’s Thursday, man. You’re a day late with these pics! 😡

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The Shockwave is a heavier boat and this is a WTOB. John just took delivery and there will obviously be some testing, tuning and seat time needed before it hits its max. Give them time, this is only the 2nd 26 Cat with OB's ever made.

26 Cat with 400's ran 110+.

So what you are saying is that there is a lot left in it.

She's Mine

Reaction score

I believe that Nordic was specifically built to run fast. Light layup and all. Not your average out of the mold boat that would be built by any mfg. Just like the 28 Speedster that ran mid 120's. To my knowledge, there hasn't been another one that has ran close to that with OBs.

attitude

Reaction score
People need to remember that 26 weighs as much if not more than these extremely light 32-36 east coast cats, and with all that weight up front being an open bow it will be at least 10 mph slower. It will still be a rocket ship and I’m sure will be able to go faster than most people want to go in a 26 cat.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Geezus man, why so negative on this? It is a boat and you are complaining about wind protection?? Flip up wind screens work just fine.

Don’t mean to be negative just saying. It’s the primary reason I didn’t buy a WTOB deck boat with big power. Shockwave makes nice boats. Carry on.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
People need to remember that 26 weighs as much if not more than these extremely light 32-36 east coast cats, and with all that weight up front being an open bow it will be at least 10 mph slower. It will still be a rocket ship and I’m sure will be able to go faster than most people want to go in a 26 cat.

It’s also half the price.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Just like the 28 Speedster that ran mid 120's. To my knowledge, there hasn't been another one that has ran close to that with OBs.
Pretty sure one ran 131 with 400s 😉

This Shockwave is an open bow, it obviously wasn’t built to be some sort of Top Gun.
Looks like a fun family runner.
I don’t think they’ve done many ob cats, so I’d believe there is more in it (and all future ob builds) despite the jabs in here, lol. Props, drive center line, to fill or not fill the notches out back, lots of places and combinations of things to potentially get more out of it and the rest.

Last edited:

Riley1

Reaction score
I heard a few bad rumors about more than one 28’ shockwave’s developing cracks in the hull. Same rumor of a member here trying to sell his for that reason.
Could just be rumors.
But they do seem to be pumping out boats at a 2006 Eliminator pace.
I’m leaning towards thinking the rumors are true.
IDK though.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I heard a few bad rumors about more than one 28’ shockwave’s developing cracks in the hull. Same rumor of a member here trying to sell his for that reason.
Could just be rumors.
IDK though.

There's nothing like a Good Old Rumor. 🤔

Reactions: DWC

attitude

Reaction score
Could just be rumors.
IDK though.
I grew up on a 2002 Shockwave my dad bought new. We boated Blythe, Parker, and Havasu all on holiday weekends as well, and I don’t think there is one stress crack on that hull. To my knowledge Shockwaves have always been laid up on the heavier side which is why you never see one putting up insane numbers compared to another manufacturer with the same power.

BigMike

Reaction score
Could just be rumors.
IDK though.
I had a 2011 28’ deck for 8 years and never had hull cracks. I now have a 2017 28’ deck and no hull cracks. Only heard of one boat having problems and the guy asked for it to be built light and he beat the shit out of it.
Yes, they are building boats at a crazy pace right now but they would never jeopardize the build quality.

Riley1

Reaction score
There's nothing like a Good Old Rumor. 🤔
There were rumors of weekend warriors walls bowing out due to weak outriggers. When I was in the market I heard such a rumor and then noticed it in everyone looked at, including my brothers that we had never noticed before. Rumor has not been verified by me and hopefully is false. Just one more thing to look at when looking at one though.

RCDave

Reaction score
I had 2 shockwaves that I put over 400 hours on each. Much of those hours were in Mohave and Havasu in rough water. Not one crack anywhere in either hull

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I gotta say, I’m not a huge fan of open bow cats, but that is a great looking setup and would make for an awesome family cruiser that can still get with the program when needed. Colors and design are perfect. Nice ride for sure.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Could just be rumors.
IDK though.

Uneducated comments like this really get to me. I don’t even own a Shockwave, but trashing a manufacturer on a “rumor” with no factual evidence, seems pretty below the belt.

Riley1

Reaction score
Uneducated comments like this really get to me. I don’t even own a Shockwave, but trashing a manufacturer on a “rumor” with no factual evidence, seems pretty below the belt.

As I said. This was unconfirmed. But something to look at. Is it below the belt if it ends up being true?
A fellow forum member told me about this on another forum members boat.
Hopefully it’s not true. It doesn’t hurt to double check.
I have no doubt that the members who’s boat is “alleged” to have cracks has read this and could confirm either way.
It’s up to them to speak up if they want. True or not.
I would personally feel bad having heard a rumor, not saying something, and then hearing 4 years later that someone has a boat that is cracking.

Would you be giving me shit if 3 years ago I said watch out for Tim McDonald, I heard a rumor, unconfirmed, that he may be selling peoples boats without paying them?

BigMike

Reaction score
As I said. This was unconfirmed. But something to look at. Is it below the belt if it ends up being true?
I have no doubt that the members who’s boat is “alleged” to have cracks has read this and could confirm either way.
I would personally feel bad having heard a rumor, not saying something, and then hearing 4 years later that someone has a boat that is cracking.

Would you be giving me shit if 3 years ago I said watch out for Tim McDonald, I heard a rumor, unconfirmed, that he may be selling peoples boats without paying them?
Unsubstantiated rumors from 1 person but yet you feel the need to continue said rumor?? If it was YOUR boat that had an issue, cool.. but it’s second hand information from someone else... come on @Riley1, you are better than that

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I love the wind protection offered by the shape of the helm and how low in the boat the bow seats are. Perfect family hotrod. I think shockwave has a winner here.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

I heard a rumor about YOUR __________ (fill in the blank: boat, trailer, car, truck, job, company, etc.). How's that look to you posted on the internet?

Riley1

Reaction score
I heard a rumor about YOUR __________ (fill in the blank: boat, trailer, car, truck, job, company, etc.). How's that look to you posted on the internet?
I don’t see this as any different than people alleging that Cheetah used drywall screws in their builds.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Could just be rumors.
IDK though.
lmao.....first i have heard of this...not 1 complaint on our shockwave owners page....i have a 28......complete and utter bullshit

BigMike

Reaction score
I don’t see this as any different than people alleging that Cheetah used drywall screws in their builds.
Are you joking? Someone told you about someone else’s boat... that’s 3rd hand information. You have no proof for yourself, but yet you post a rumor and then try to back it up???? I used to respect you and what you did for the legacy of the dam run, but not anymore. You just proved that you are a fuckin clown. Carry on and keep spreading rumors @Riley1

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Could just be rumors.
IDK though.
I heard the same but thought it was the 22’s. Either way it’s a beautiful boat and something I might really consider.and before you all get your feelings hurt I was talking to my neighbor about it. Yes he’s a shockwave owner and yes he’s going to build a new deck eventually. I know the cobra 280 I looked at had some cracks from flexing and so have some Magic’s didn’t think it was the end of the world but I don’t want anyone losing respect for me 🙄 like gelcoater said it’s a deck but, it’s built with a purpose. It’s not an Apache and I don’t think anyone is running 100+ in 4’ swells. Winter I guess

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I heard a rumor that the guy with the cracked Shockwave jumped it off a bridge in Austin....

Just sayin...

CobraDave

Reaction score
I’m with you Vic. Is it crazy to imagine a boat developing cracks? It’s a harsh environment, especially in Havasu. I have a small crack near my grab handle in my 17’ Shockwave 22. Also, all the screws are pulling out of the front seat bases and I am getting electrolysis issues on my swim steps.

I still think they are a great builder.