WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Son of a bitch, some one just stole my lex iut of my drive way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I was always told applying the parking brake before releasing the brake while parking on an incline was better for the transmission or something along those lines.

With a load it is only way to go. If not every truck I have owned would clunk or be hard to shift in gear. Now on flat ground no. Habitual for me as I got my license on a street with a good incline. Always turn my wheel as well when on a hill.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I always set the brake before putting it in park.

Or in the Vette I always set the brake before shutting it off and putting it in gear to park it.

Why would you put that strain on a park cog in the tranny, or on the tranny with a manual?

It's easier on everything.

dread Pirate

Reaction score

Or in the Vette I always set the brake before shutting it off and putting it in gear to park it.

Why would you put that strain on a park cog in the tranny, or on the tranny with a manual?

And if you have ever had a pin shear off,,, I damn near got run over by my own truck.:grumble:

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score

From what I remember from auto shop in high school it was a called a pawl. Pretty much a rod that crammed into a gear directly connected to the drive shaft. I could be wrong, I've been wrong before. Guess I'll google it. :D

Don't feel like reading the whole thing but I think I'm pretty close.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parking_pawl

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
On level ground?
Wife parks the car in the garage and sets the brake. Really??? Why bother. It's not going anywhere.

She'll park in the driveway, at a slight slant, put it in park then apply the parking brake. Why bother now?

Yea, I guess we gotta love the women in our lives.

Sorry. On the phone, smilies are few and far between. LOL

Damn fucking tootin'.
The smartass saleman that didn't heed my directive(same philosophy as yours above) found out the hard way when he parked a $40K stick shift car on our level lot without setting the brake. Few hours later I found it had inched forward and rubbed the paint of both its bumper and the $80K car in front of it. That earned him a lot more than just a "I TOLD YOU!":skull

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
From what I remember from auto shop in high school it was a called a pawl. Pretty much a rod that crammed into a gear directly connected to the drive shaft. I could be wrong, I've been wrong before. Guess I'll google it. :D

Don't feel like reading the whole thing but I think I'm pretty close.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parking_pawl

Probably right.

All I know is watching a car roll away with that horrible "clicking" noise really sucks!!

ColdSteel

Life on the Main Jet.
Reaction score
Probably right.

All I know is watching a car roll away with that horrible "clicking" noise really sucks!!

Been there, seen that.. On a joyride in my buddy's parents mini ranger. Went down a hill in Monterey Park, through a parking lot, over the parking stops and curbs and into a chain link fence next to a school... On a 35% incline.

I think the cops thought it was funny. I did too. Watching my buddy get beaten and yelled at in front of the cops and tow guys in Spanish was priceless.

The two bimbos we were with? Not impressed.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score

I think common sense should dictate that you should always use the park brake to secure a stoppage then place in gear.:thumbup: In fact l was told this when l was a wet behind the ears learner those many years ago.:D

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
l believe everyone should be given the benefit of doubt but if it is BullShit then this reminds me of that dickhead on HotBoat who sunk the boat and wanted donations to help retrieve it.:p Remember that guys.:D

l think he drove a AMTRAK train or something, crikey a lot of members used to take the piss out of him. If l remember correctly, l think he wanted to take them all on by meeting them all on some street corner somewhere.:yikes

A lot of members who have been around awhile would remember the Bullshit that guy was dribbling out of his mouth.:skull

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
That was "later" and I donated to help retrieve the boat. Was promised would get my money back but that never happened.

l believe everyone should be given the benefit of doubt but if it is BullShit then this reminds me of that dickhead on HotBoat who sunk the boat and wanted donations to help retrieve it.:p Remember that guys.:D

l think he drove a AMTRAK train or something, crikey a lot of members used to take the piss out of him. If l remember correctly, l think he wanted to take them all on by meeting them all on some street corner somewhere.:yikes

A lot of members who have been around awhile would remember the Bullshit that guy was dribbling out of his mouth.:skull

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
That was "later" and I donated to help retrieve the boat. Was promised would get my money back but that never happened.

That's right it was "later". Sorry you lost your money on him, but l am a big believer in Karma and he will get his dose one day.:thumbup:

I remember a lot of good folk genuinely wanted to help, but he got real defensive in the end when he finally got called out for his scam.:grumble:

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score

Later and the multiple family members in his head. A classic all time thread.

The engineer was Boats and Blondes or something similar, among other screen names. Brent I believe? I believe he's still around. Okay when on his meds. His classic train races with pitbulls and bad electrical parts from Rex Marine were memorable.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score

The engineer was Boats and Blondes or something similar, among other screen names. Brent I believe? I believe he's still around. Okay when on his meds. His classic train races with pitbulls and bad electrical parts from Rex Marine were memorable.

That's right it's all coming back, yes the Pitbull racing another classic thread and the bagging of Rex Marines electrical parts. Those threads went on for ages and was worth the admission fee each day to watch Later blue with the family in his head.:D

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
That was one epic thread. Sucks people lost money for that fruit loop. Later was an interesting cat for sure.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score

His name is Brett and the screen name was Boats N Blondes, then Tishmyself (or something like that). I missed the boat recovery thread (was probably before my time), but that explains a lot. He was going to come to Desert Storm a year or two ago and decided at the last minute that his life was in danger (his words, not mine) and didn't come. He was concerned that he and his family would be in grave danger at the street party (again, his words, not mine).

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
His name is Brett and the screen name was Boats N Blondes, then Tishmyself (or something like that). I missed the boat recovery thread (was probably before my time), but that explains a lot. He was going to come to Desert Storm a year or two ago and decided at the last minute that his life was in danger (his words, not mine) and didn't come. He was concerned that he and his family would be in grave danger at the street party (again, his words, not mine).

... I was not completely up to speed on the sunken boat deal... ...But I was aware of it... ...I saw in the classifieds of HB,...a boat trailer for sale... ...I get a number and I call the guy... ...There's a lot of himming and hawing on the sellers part... ... It was a trailer for a jet bote,...that I wanted to convert for my Hallett V-Drive... ... He finally told me that the boat that had been on it had sunk... ... That's when I started putting two and two together and on advice from a boat shop owner who knew the whole story I backed away from my initial plan real quickly...

PVHCA

Reaction score
Unreal that someone would stoop this low if he in fact did. DJUNK called it early, LOL.

Hey YB, how's the tile job coming along at ur chicks house?

Now I'm pissed I spent 2 hours and $22.00 registering my hub cap hammer with some bullshit company out of Bend, Oregon and it was all for nothin.

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
I'm not on here all the time...kind of an ol PB guy..but I come on here and read the YB stuff every so often and think to myself...Hmmmm how does all this shit happen to one guy...

But when I laid eyes on this one....I read and I read and I read some more...and I think to myself...BULLSHIT..the older I get my BS smeller get better...everything else is failing but the Bullshit deseminator is dead on...

one more thing...don't most new cars release an E brake when put into gear or something like that...? I don't know...but like later, this guy is playing us..

Djunkie for Prez..

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
To be clear, Brett is not Later.

They are completely different people.

Later was a lying scammer, Brett is just a crazy sob...not a thief.

BasilHayden

Reaction score
There are some classic responses in the last 5 or so pages. :yikes

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm gonna, again, go out on a limb (ask Grads how many times I have for him). :p
I've chatted yellow boat a time or two. Don't know his story but he, like Grads, seem like noble folks. Never met or seen Tyler but I think he tries hard.

I don't know a lot about him. I have spoken to him on the phone twice, and I know at one point he actually owned a stoker.

I have to admit there have been a few threads in the past that had me scratching my head.. That exotic blower and heads that were dropped on the ground by a niece or something? I kept thinking why would an outboard guy have those things to begin with.. And how would a little girl be strong enough to pick up a blower? Even the small ones are heavy as shit..

I dunno though.. Never much cared one way or the other.

What happened to the "full of shit" thread???

I deleted it, and the member that started it.

Same guy was sending me texts when I was at the boat show.. "I'm so close I could reach out and touch you." "I just walked by you." And various other creepy shit. I honestly was about one click off calling the cops.

He still calls my cell phone and leaves messages saying it is urgent I call him back. Think it's safe to say there is exactly nothing that would be urgent, or even on my give a shit meter to return the call.

PVHCA

Reaction score
I don't know a lot about him. I have spoken to him on the phone twice, and I know at one point he actually owned a stoker.

I deleted it, and the member that started it.

Same guy was sending me texts when I was at the boat show.. "I'm so close I could reach out and touch you." "I just walked by you." And various other creepy shit. I honestly was about one click off calling the cops.

He still calls my cell phone and leaves messages saying it is urgent I call him back. Think it's safe to say there is exactly nothing that would be urgent, or even on my give a shit meter to return the call.

The Full of Shit Thread, was that why you called? I didn't see it but got a text about the outcome.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score

... Well after the later fiasco had died down I was at Jim Brock's Cyclone Speed & Marine when he told me about somebody wanting some Spectra emblems that he had...
... It was Wes a.k.a. Froggy Style that needed the emblems... ...I pm'd Wes and asked him if he was the diver who actually went and searched the waters of Lake Piru for later's boat... ...He said yes...

... I told Jim let me handle the shipping logistics as froggy style deserved something for everything that he did on the later deal... ... Wes sent Jim extra money to buy me breakfast which was totally unnecessary,...but I will admit that the corn beef hash and eggs were really good...

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score

That is right. After the boat show, he decided it wasn't safe for him and his wife to attend the Needles show or The DS Street Party (I can't remember which one).

I never had a problem with the guy and he seemed OK to me. I just thought it was strange that he felt he and his wife were in such extreme danger if they attended.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Regarding Yellowboat... I have met him a few times and talked on the phone many times. I just met up with him for coffee a couple of months ago. We had a good conversation for about 45 minutes. I also checked out the Lex iut in question. It was a clean little rig. I also believe his health issues to be real.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The Full of Shit Thread, was that why you called? I didn't see it but got a text about the outcome.

That is right. After the boat show, he decided it wasn't safe for him and his wife to attend the Needles show or The DS Street Party (I can't remember which one).

I never had a problem with the guy and he seemed OK to me. I just thought it was strange that he felt he and his wife were in such extreme danger if they attended.

Regarding Yellowboat... I have met him a few times and talked on the phone many times. I just met up with him for coffee a couple of months ago. We had a good conversation for about 45 minutes. I also checked out the Lex iut in question. It was a clean little rig. I also believe his health issues to be real.

But do you believe it was stolen and recovered a block later?

RD

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
At the end of the day Yellowboat has disappeared which to me inks the deal that he was full of shit. Kind of weird but it is what it is. You don't disappear after being called out with no rebuttal or response unless you know you've been had. He gone. Done deal.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
You get all types on the internet. Why any one would make up such a stupid story is beyond me. Called a buddy that works at Bend P.D. and had him check it out and he said nothing like that was reported.
Bend P.D. (541)693-6911. But he could look into it more if he had an address or lic. plate number

Bnag.

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
If you are able to say it, How did that turn out?

Brian

My Roommate came home drunk as shit and started a fight with me. Kicked down my bedroom door, fucked up my entry door. I was restraining him and the wife comes out with her rifle loaded on the phone with 911. Lady on from dispatch handled it calmly, cops showed up in 10 minutes. They rolled two cars, roommate didn't get shot, but he got handled by the cops.

I think I truly fell in love with my wife that night.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
My Roommate came home drunk as shit and started a fight with me. Kicked down my bedroom door, fucked up my entry door. I was restraining him and the wife comes out with her rifle loaded on the phone with 911. Lady on from dispatch handled it calmly, cops showed up in 10 minutes. They rolled two cars, roommate didn't get shot, but he got handled by the cops.

I think I truly fell in love with my wife that night.

I IMAGINE SO. I won't mess with her either. A rifle at close range? All bad.

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
I IMAGINE SO. I won't mess with her either. A rifle at close range? All bad.

Exactly what I told her. I've sense gotten her a shot gun loaded with rock salt now that I know she's gun crazy. ;)

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
At the end of the day Yellowboat has disappeared which to me inks the deal that he was full of shit. Kind of weird but it is what it is. You don't disappear after being called out with no rebuttal or response unless you know you've been had. He gone. Done deal.

Yup - exactly my take...:thumbup:

I think most of us on HB sent Later some money....I look in my mailbox everyday to see if my refund is there. :p:cool:D

28Eliminator

Reaction score

I remember that.. If I recall, I think you and I discussed the possibility of another "Forum" member being involved in that charade :D

I still have some weird Text's from him... Odd guy:rolleyes

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I remember that.. If I recall, I think you and I discussed the possibility of another "Forum" member being involved in that charade :D

I still have some weird Text's from him... Odd guy:rolleyes

I think there was another forum member involved, but I can't remember who it was now.. I don't care, I just wanted it to go away. I had a buddy at the LA Sherriffs Dept give him a call, and let him know what would happen if he chose to continue down the path. It stopped, so I called it a day. Months later I was getting voicemails again. I made the mistake of answering the phone once, and the "emergency" was that someone was selling his old boat for what he felt was too much money or something.. I never answered the phone again.

RD

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I think there was another forum member involved, but I can't remember who it was now.. I don't care, I just wanted it to go away. I had a buddy at the LA Sherriffs Dept give him a call, and let him know what would happen if he chose to continue down the path. It stopped, so I called it a day. Months later I was getting voicemails again. I made the mistake of answering the phone once, and the "emergency" was that someone was selling his old boat for what he felt was too much money or something.. I never answered the phone again.

RD

Wtf?? There are some crazies in this world for sure.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Wow... Just wow. Can't believe how fucked up some people are.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Wow.

Who got whacked??
Just curious, didn't notice who started it.

I read it but forgot who started it. Was kind of dick head both guys are ok In my book. And I enjoy reading koenigs posts in the good morning threads

28Eliminator

Reaction score
I read it but forgot who started it. Was kind of dick head both guys are ok In my book. And I enjoy reading koenigs posts in the good morning threads

I got a glimpse of it this morning, and then "POOF", it was gone :D

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Everyone get your last licks in, this thread is about to go to the RDP Hall of Shame for eternity :p

Status
Not open for further replies.