WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sonic or In n Out

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I've only had 5 guys twice, I didn't hate it, it just didn't stand out. As far as In N Out goes well it's right next to my current jobsite. The only way I can actually eat In N Outs fries is animal style. Also I've never thought of having them add the chili's, gonna have to try that.

The members that have said Tommy's in other threads, I want to know what's wrong with your taste buds, I've tried them like 5 times and all 5 times I have questioned my decision.

Tommy's is Awesome at about 2:30am...

😁

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
Reminder. You can request roadkill fries and they will chop up a Patty and cheese and put it on top of your fries.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
One of my guys on my project swears by the Del-Taco cheese burger. Is it actually good, I just couldn't ever bring myself to get a burger at Del-Taco.
Hit and miss there.
Some stores no.
Woodcrest and Barstow👍
We have one between the house and freeway and I refuse to go.
Dirty and unless you are ordering one thing, they screw something up.

Backlash

Reaction score
The drive through lines are always lengthy at our local In n Out, so it's faster and easier to just go inside. I love their consistency. It doesn't matter if your in L.A. or the Inland Empire. Their food is ALWAYS consistently good! Every single time.

Nordie

Reaction score
Hit and miss there.
Some stores no.
Woodcrest and Barstow👍
We have one between the house and freeway and I refuse to go.
Dirty and unless you are ordering one thing, they screw something up.
I mean we all know Barstow is a safe bet, but I agree, my closest Del-Taco sucks. The one by my project is amazing.

Nordie

Reaction score
Tommy's is Awesome at about 2:30am...

😁
Denny's was always our goto in my youth. How many of those poor waitresses that had to deal with drunken kids lol. We always tipped well though. A couple years ago the wife and I went to Dennys for dinner, I was sober and was actually surprised that it wasn't completely awful.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Five Guys is a gyp. They are too expensive even way before covid and all the other shit.
whataburger sucked so bad in Kingman they closed years ago They were so slow, I actually drove out of the drive in. 😀

nameisbond

Reaction score
Five Guys is a gyp. They are too expensive even way before covid and all the other shit.
whataburger sucked so bad in Kingman they closed years ago They were so slow, I actually drove out of the drive in. 😀

Here Five Guys is better over the states. Bigger burgers and they always give two extra scoops of fries.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
If In n Out could figure out how to make their fries not suck, I'd go there more often
..might as well give me a bag of chips. 😂😂

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Reminder. You can request roadkill fries and they will chop up a Patty and cheese and put it on top of your fries.
Can you really or are you trying to pull someone’s leg?

Oh, and for those near Cerritos there is Volcano Burgers. It is a good place with awesome onion rings. Used to live around the corner and went often. I’d stop by when in the area. I think it has been about 3 years since I last visited. I thing that @badgas or another member and I were talking about it recently becuase his kids went to the high school across the street.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Denny's was always our goto in my youth. How many of those poor waitresses that had to deal with drunken kids lol. We always tipped well though. A couple years ago the wife and I went to Dennys for dinner, I was sober and was actually surprised that it wasn't completely awful.

We would do Denny's if we were close to home. Tommy's or The Pantry if we were out towards LA.

Spent many a drunk night, standing in line, at the Tommy's off Rampat! 😁🤣

joecfd1

Reaction score
In-n-Out double double protein style regular onion no tomato...

nameisbond

Reaction score
I'm sort of on a diet and have been avoiding bacon cheeseburgers and fries. My new go to for fast meals in a Chinese place like Panda Express but better in the local mall...................... But this thread makes me want a bacon cheeseburger, so I'll be headed to Five Guys tomorrow.

wishiknew

Reaction score
I go to Sonic about once a year to remind myself why I dont go here in and out for the win

baja-chris

Reaction score
The Whataburger's here in Nuevo Mejico can be ordered with Hatch green chili.
They're actually pretty good that way...
Blakes Lot-A-Burger green chili cheesburger in NM is better than Whataburger's. BTW Whataburger just opened in Gilbert and I went there to get a green chili CB, they were out of green chili, it took forever and burger was underwhelming. In-N-Out has nothing to worry about from any other drive through burger place. Sonic is not even close to In-N-Out cheeseburger quality. Craving a Rocky's burger now (Crown Point/PB CA), or even a Chuckburger (Tempe).

HgH Vltg

Reaction score

Oh, and for those near Cerritos there is Volcano Burgers. It is a good place with awesome onion rings. Used to live around the corner and went often. I’d stop by when in the area. I think it has been about 3 years since I last visited. I thing that @badgas or another member and I were talking about it recently becuase his kids went to the high school across the street.
You can indeed. Some won’t do it but it is a thing.

Also, order your fries light-well.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
when is the next weight loss challenge thread?

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
You can indeed. Some won’t do it but it is a thing.

Also, order your fries light-well.
Awesome. Going to try that. I do fries well don e99% of the time. Unless I am in a rush.

playdeep

Reaction score
Blakes Lot-A-Burger green chili cheesburger in NM is better than Whataburger's. BTW Whataburger just opened in Gilbert and I went there to get a green chili CB, they were out of green chili, it took forever and burger was underwhelming. In-N-Out has nothing to worry about from any other drive through burger place. Sonic is not even close to In-N-Out cheeseburger quality. Craving a Rocky's burger now (Crown Point/PB CA), or even a Chuckburger (Tempe).
Gotta disagree...
Blake's used to be the gold standard in NM.
Original owner sold out and now they kinda suck.
Stale buns,small beef patties,&brown lettuce.. a shadow of what they were in the 60's &70's.

Hypnautic

Reaction score

Wow—have not had Volcano burger in at least 10 years. Those are real good—and yeah, onion rings are off the charts.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
In and out. I have been to Sonic 1 time and only one time.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
In N out has the worst tomatoes of any burger chain, Still a very good burger without. The fries need to be ordered light well, hate soggy fries.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
If you want a really good burger and you’re in San Clemente, try The Rider’s Club. It’s a hole in the wall place, the burgers are not cheap, but they are pretty awesome. Otherwise go to In N Out.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
This thread is making me wantaburger. Next choice is:

The Habit
or
Five Guys

I like the Habit for their menu - one of the best in fast food but Five Guys burger is a bit better and their fries win

Here's a comparison

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
You can have yore In-N-Out. This is Five Guys bacon cheeseburger with large fries - In-N-Out can’t touch this…

3A8B087D-452F-4F42-A053-E1FDFEBC971F.jpeg
732A2E14-87A6-4BA6-A97D-E8225910B85A.jpeg

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I love cheese burgers. But I'm a purest. No bacon, avocado, chilis etc. Like them, but not on a cheese burger. Med rare patty, American cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onion, thousand island dressiing or, ketchup/mayo/sweet relish. Definitely no dill pickles. That's it. In n Out does a decent job of covering that.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Went to 5 Guys once. Dude says "how do you want your burger cooked?"
I say, "med. rare please"
He says "we can only do medium. "
My wife and I both said "nope" and left.

In n Out is a winner hands down.
Make mine a Double single (2 meats 1 cheese) for a much better balance of flavor. Grilled onions, no tomato, and add pickles and mustard is my go to after many, many years of loyalty.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Went to 5 Guys once. Dude says "how do you want your burger cooked?"
I say, "med. rare please"
He says "we can only do medium. "
My wife and I both said "nope" and left.

In n Out is a winner hands down.
Make mine a Double single (2 meats 1 cheese) for a much better balance of flavor. Grilled onions, no tomato, and add pickles and mustard is my go to after many, many years of loyalty.
Why in the hell would the dude ask if they only do "medium"!??? 🤣🤣🤣

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Most fast food burger joints are pretty shitty. Always having to reinvent the menu to keep up with changing times. Sometimes it's good but most of the time it tastes like shit.
Example:
Wendy's comes up with a wonderful looking mushroom burger g/f and I head down the mountain to try this tasty treat. Half way back up we can't stand it and pull over to devour it. I almost fuckin puked in a turnout on 330.

Case in point, every time since, see a commercial for a burger that looks great and I go to In-N-Out instead. They don't need to re-invent their products. It's always good.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
You can have yore In-N-Out. This is Five Guys bacon cheeseburger with large fries - In-N-Out can’t touch this…

View attachment 1132554 View attachment 1132555

That's exactly how the food looked when I went to Five Dorks...

Overcooked meat, bread that looked like it got ran over by my truck, no seasoning of any kind, wilted lettuce...

How do you even eat that shit??? 🤣

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
In n out.

I'm a connoisseur.

Socal, NorCal, AZ, NV, TX, I'll stop by anywhere.

Sonic is gut filler. Brown bag special, when they did have it.
In Flag, DQ was better, and quicker.

Dan'l

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
In and out is good. But if you don’t eat their fries within a few minutes of getting them they turn into rocks. Never understand, probably because they are fresh cut? Honestly I think they have one of the worst fries in fast foot. IMO.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
I like Bakers. They have great burgers and burritos.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I like the Sonic concept , old school drive in. Unfortunately their food and service are subpar . In my opinion , Five Guys has the best frys ,and I like their Cajun seasoning . I think the burgers are good too .

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
The habit has been on point the past couple times I have been and to me is way better then in n out

Vamodsquad

Reaction score
Sonic tried to kill me in 1985. I remember it well, and I haven't eaten in one since !