WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sonic or In n Out

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
Passed s sonic with no line on the way to in n out. Almost stopped. Posted question while in line lol tried sonic once but to long ago to remember what I thought of them

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
sonic food is bland and kinda sux. if they upped their food game id be there in a heartbeat. love the business model, just hate the food. ironically Im watching Great Outdoors right now with the girl at the carhop

Hypnautic

Reaction score
In-n-Out over Sonic every time for food.
Sonic does have good drinks and desserts.

In-n-Out vs Whataburber is the better question.

Dalton

Reaction score
In n out, sonic is good though

yz450mm

Reaction score
In N Out's best aspect isn't the taste of the food, it's the consistency of the service.

I eat there at least once a week because it's close to a few of my job sites, and I can literally only remember one time in the last 5 years that my order wasn't perfect.

You get what you ask for, every single time.

That being said, I personally love In and Out, especially with some salt and pepper on the fries and chopped chilies on the burger protein style.

I tried Sonic once, and that was the last time ever.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Neither but if you only have those 2 to chose from In-N-Out for the win

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
So a Sonic opened near us about 5 years ago . . Line was crazy and people were going ape shit on FB about how great it is.... I waited, until one day I drove by, no line, open spots at the drive up parking spots.... hit the button to place my order . . . . waited . . . . waited. . . .pushed the button again..... waited total time I guess about 3 minutes. I LEFT.

6 months later I went again . . . . exact repeat as above . . . . but I actually timed it this time - 4 minutes and 30 seconds - I LEFT.

So - In & Out for the win . . . although I never sit in a long line for it..... I move on - IT's good, but not to sit in long line for . . . . for however long it takes.... short lines - I'm IN

Reactions: DWC

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
In n out , animal style, no pickles add chilis
sonic chili cheese tots but have to eat there, if take home they’re just what ever. Their burgers are ok at best

rrrr

Reaction score
There was a huge swell of anticipation when In N Out announced they were expanding into Texas, I think in 2011. The first two were opened in Frisco and Allen, two suburbs just north of Plano. A Plano location opened about six months later.

Drive up lines wrapped around the buildings for weeks. There were overflow lines backed up into the streets two or three blocks long. Cops had to direct traffic from open to close. It was nuts.

The Plano location is on the frontage road of US 75, a major freeway about three miles from my house. I think I've gone there twice. I like the burgers, always picked up a double double when in California, but for some reason I just haven't made it a regular stop in my fast food rotation.

I like Sonic's breakfast burritos. Whataburger has better ones, but they're expensive and the drive up lane is slower than Max Muncy running to first base. Surprisingly, the best place to get breakfast burritos is QuikTrip locations that have a onsite grill and kitchen. QT is my choice for the best C store.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
In N Out, grilled onions, chopped chili's, then to Sonic for Cran-Rasberry slush.

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
Talking about burgers only, then it's In n Out. But for everything else Sonic. In n Outs fry suck never really liked them even animal style makes them almost eatable. Sonic has pretty good onion rings and tots.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There was a huge swell of anticipation when In N Out announced they were expanding into Texas, I think in 2011. The first two were opened in Frisco and Allen, two suburbs just north of Plano. A Plano location opened about six months later.

Drive up lines wrapped around the buildings for weeks. There were overflow lines backed up into the streets two or three blocks long. Cops had to direct traffic from open to close. It was nuts.

The Plano location is on the frontage road of US 75, a major freeway about three miles from my house. I think I've gone there twice. I like the burgers, always picked up a double double when in California, but for some reason I just haven't made it a regular stop in my fast food rotation.

I like Sonic's breakfast burritos. Whataburger has better ones, but they're expensive and the drive up lane is slower than Max Muncy running to first base. Surprisingly, the best place to get breakfast burritos is QuikTrip locations that have a onsite grill and kitchen. QT is my choice for the best C store.

Whattaburger sucks..

That is all.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
n N Out's best aspect isn't the taste of the food, it's the consistency of the service.
I’ve given up on most fast food joints these days, In&Out being one of the exceptions.
The consistency, that’s a part of it.

The bigger part is cleanliness.
I’ve never seen one not clean.

I judge a place by how their dining room presents when you walk in.
If the dining room looks like a bomb went off in there and is dirty and trash all over the place, half the tables not wiped down, etc just imagine what the food prep area and kitchen look like😉

nameisbond

Reaction score
Not a fan of Sonic, they have one in the town our property is at in the states. Its never busy. In N Out is awesome, I always get them when able. Close second and have one near my house is Five Guys. Third is Fatburger, I like Five Guys more only because you have more toppings choices.

hallett3

Reaction score
Only fast food I will eat now is in N out, and of course del Taco in Barstow on river trips. So in N out for the win.

Nordie

Reaction score
There's really no comparison between the 2. One is a good spot for a drink and the other is for a consistently decent burger that actually has fresh ingredients.

Now it could be said Five Guys vs In N Out, or something like that.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Oh, Fatburger does edge out Five Guys for me sometimes. Fatburger here serves beer. So at times I like a cold beer to wash down my bacon cheeseburger.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Ain't no Sonic near me, I was told by a coworker in the 80's they were only in the hood...

Fast forward 30 years I ate at one in Costa Mesa? It sucked, big time. I mean how can "fast food" be so bad?

Habit is my go to, I can walk there from work at lunch and pre order on the app.

In and Out is good, double double grilled onions please.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
In n Out no question. Sonic used to be pretty good, but it's garbage now. Everything seems like it's been sitting around for hours and then microwaved to heat up before serving

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
In-n-Out vs Whataburber is the better question.
Just had a family wedding (stepson) in San Antonio. This was an actual topic in my toast speech. Almost went to blows. Fact is they're all stupid. I-N-Out sooooooooooooo much better!

C-2

Reaction score
On the In n Out - what are the chopped chilies? Is that a hidden menu thing?

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
We are a In-N-Out family for sure on many levels. As for sonic it is an ok back-up. My fondness for Sonic goes back to traveling the country in th e summers. We started hitting up sonics for the afternoon special of buy one shack get the second half off or something like that. We had our go to flavors but one summer we were determined to try all of them.

On the In n Out - what are the chopped chilies? Is that a hidden menu thing?
Yes, It is just the peperchine. however you spell It. It adds a little spice to the burger. I do it from time to time. It is good.

Reactions: C-2

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Between the two In & Out but I'll drive a 1/2 mile up the 95 for Culvers.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
There's really no comparison between the 2. One is a good spot for a drink and the other is for a consistently decent burger that actually has fresh ingredients.

Now it could be said Five Guys vs In N Out, or something like that.
i had missed 5 guys by ten minutes. they close at ten here. other wise......

Nordie

Reaction score
I went to Five Guys!

Once
i had missed 5 guys by ten minutes. they close at ten here. other wise......

I've only had 5 guys twice, I didn't hate it, it just didn't stand out. As far as In N Out goes well it's right next to my current jobsite. The only way I can actually eat In N Outs fries is animal style. Also I've never thought of having them add the chili's, gonna have to try that.

The members that have said Tommy's in other threads, I want to know what's wrong with your taste buds, I've tried them like 5 times and all 5 times I have questioned my decision.