WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sonofabitch!

HitIt

Reaction score
I don't even remember using the damn thing.

PXL_20201206_190925470.jpg

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Ten MM sockets are the second most magical tools but pale in comparison to the ability of screw driver to change their drive style. Whenever I go to the screw driver drawer it will be chocked full of the wrong type of driver. If I need a std. blade type they will all be Phillips but the next day when I need a phillips they will all be blade type. I even have a special spot for Torx and they still manage to mess with me because the one sz. that I need is always the one that's missing.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
The 10mm syndrome is like the, drop the tool-part under the truck and it's always dead nuts center on the floor, under the truck, out of your reach, syndrome.

HitIt

Reaction score
I swear it was there last time I opened that drawer. My first thought was that my wife was fucking with me but she doesn't even know the joke....

500bbc

Reaction score
Ten MM sockets are the second most magical tools but pale in comparison to the ability of screw driver to change their drive style. Whenever I go to the screw driver drawer it will be chocked full of the wrong type of driver. If I need a std. blade type they will all be Phillips but the next day when I need a phillips they will all be blade type. I even have a special spot for Torx and they still manage to mess with me because the one sz. that I need is always the one that's missing.
I put the Philips in the screwdriver drawer with handle facing right, flat tip to the left, ranging in smaller at front of drawer to larger at rear, torx at back of box horizontally. Some asshole is constantly getting in there and scrambling them.:mad:

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
The bilge, under the pan...
One of the main tools in my tray when going up in a boat was a flexible 24" magnet!! I could prolly put together a small toolbox with all the tools I've found in boats over the years and a partial hardware store from various nuts, bolts and screws in the bilge also. 😁

nowski

Reaction score
People will go to great lengths to replace their missing 10mm socket, your new set was probably a returned item at one of the Big Box stores...

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I have the same set could not find my 1/2” wrench when I sold my mini bikes I found it on one of the motor bolts wiping it down 👍

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Had a saab 900 turbo. That car not only eat sockets, it eat the whole wrench. I'd be working on it, drop a wrench or ratchet down in it. Get the flash light and look for it. Never found them. Maybe a week later I'd hear something fall out and bounce under the car. There's my wrench.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

TimeBandit

Reaction score
I dropped a 10mm Snap-On deep magnetic impact socket in the engine bay of a job I was working on. It fell between the steering rack and the frame, no way to get it out without turning the truck upside down and shaking it. I could see it, just no way to fish it out.

Hey Snap-On dude, I need a new 10mm deep magnetic impact socket! No problem, here you go, $40.00

for ONE socket. Ouch.

HitIt

Reaction score
I have been in denial for the past 4 months. I was hoping it would turn up but it is gone. Gone forever. I just ordered 2. I figure if I have a spare, I will never lose it again. I am sort of expecting the Amazon box to be empty when I open it though.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
They really need to include a 25/64 socket to the SAE side of the kits😉😊

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I've got a plethora of 19/32" end wrench's. It seemed that for some reason every combo set I bought back in the 60's-70's included that sz. for some reason. Which of course always ends up pissing you off because it's almost a 9/16" but will round the head if you use it for that. I now keep them in separate box just in case I ever work on a really old MG that needs British std.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Had a saab 900 turbo. That car not only eat sockets, it eat the whole wrench. I'd be working on it, drop a wrench or ratchet down in it. Get the flash light and look for it. Never found them. Maybe a week later I'd hear something fall out and bounce under the car. There's my wrench.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
It was probably in the opposite spot you'd expect, just like the front of the engine you were working on😆. Lol
I own 4 Saabs, one of which tows my deck boat to the ramp.