WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

South American gangs targeting affluent houses...how to be proactive

Roosky01

Reaction score
The officer suggested safe deposit boxes, cameras on the upper floors, get more big dogs and put valuables that you're not putting in a safe deposit box in a safe...bolted down.
Did the officer suggest you shoot any intruder in the head and then place it on one of the newly installed fence/gate spearheads? The only thing these foreign criminals know is violence and you need to shove that shit right back in their face, IMO.

I support the Blue as much as anyone, but they have no doctrine to "prevent" a damn thing BEFORE it happens. They are a reactionary force and the sooner people realize it the better. Your safety is just that and is nobody's responsibility, but your own...

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
A sign on your front yard that says "My neighbors don't like guns, I LOVE to shoot guns."

Maybe it will make others an easier target to them.

endobear

Reaction score
These 2 do a good job keeping undesirables off the property.
20200926_195923.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
Lighting, cameras, dogs and everything else that has already been posted here. Be alert. If something looks out of place, it probably is. Call in every suspicious vehicle you see sitting in your neighborhood. Eyeball everyone who enters your neighborhood who most likely doesn't belong there. As stated, be outside more to see what's going on (Grand Torino!). Pay attention. 👍

4Waters

Reaction score
Lighting, cameras, dogs and everything else that has already been posted here. Be alert. If something looks out of place, it probably is. Call in every suspicious vehicle you see sitting in your neighborhood. Eyeball everyone who enters your neighborhood who most likely doesn't belong there. As stated, be outside more to see what's going on (Grand Torino!). Pay attention. 👍
544d740711cae90bf7751184c00b2389.jpg

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I have Ring cameras with spot lights. Ring cameras on the doors. Ring camera inside my garage as well. If the cameras on the side or in the garage go off, someone set them off.

badgas

Reaction score
As others have stated getting your neighbors involved Is huge. There are 7 homes on my culdesac. 6 are armed 3 of those 6 are CCW holders and train often. The one that is not armed has big security lights on the driveway and side yard and big dogs on the left and right side neighbors. Just outside my street there are 5 more houses that are armed and they all work from home or have a stay at home parent so there is not a lot of empty homes.

Get the neighbors engaged !

I have one neighbor who before Covid had never owned a firearm. He now has several and is licensed to carry.

Get to know them, If they don't know about guns then take them shooting, teach them about firearm safety etc. Tell them about these crimes going on so they will think ahead, install lights and chip in etc.

BTW my neighborhood has no Trump flags , No big trucks , No Boats or RV's. Pretty mellow, lots foreigners and yes even many democrats 👎 and yet it is armed and ready.

Contrary to what the media shows us there are people that will have challenging conversations and still make intelligent choices when presented with real life decisions. It is pretty cool when you can get a liberal to become pro firearm and start buying guns, after that their idea of freedom changes and so does their vote.

Sorry to go down such a rabbit hole but it starts with us the Police are only coming after you call them.

Backlash

Reaction score
What good is a camera besides showing you someone is on your property?
It can help lead to identifying who these shitbags are. If they're brazen enough to break into YOUR home, there is a good chance they've broken into other homes.

It may or may not help solve your burglary investigation, but it may help with others. Identifying vehicles, people, etc. They aren't foolproof but they do serve a purpose.

4Waters

Reaction score
Most systems will alert you if there is movement. My systems has a home and away setting, when I leave I set it to away on my phone and when I get home I set it to home. If I'm at work and my phone alerts I can check it and if needed call the cops.

Javajoe

Reaction score
There was just a home invasion robbery in riverside this past week.
Happened again last night. Same neighborhood. This time homeowner was shot. Neighborhood is about 1/2 mile away from me. Close to my brothers. Brother lives in a nice affluent area. He heard noise one night about 5 years ago and checked his cameras in the morning and it showed a car pull up and 3 guys with bandannas over their faces run full speed to his front door and tried kicking it in. Actually kicking the full pane of glass on the door. Kicked it like 7 times then bailed. It was crazy to watch and scary. He has a big house and bedrooms are in the rear so he didn’t hear it real good at the time. He thought his son was just getting home. He’s a cop. Amazing the glass held. Him and his wife have guns. Crazy times

chvynhra

Reaction score
Here is what you need:
1. Loud alarm system with glass break sensors. This will get them out of the house within a minute or two.
2. Dogs always help.
3. Some type of basic safe or lock box that is BOLTED DOWN!! This will prevent them from getting anything or value.

Most home burgs are a kicked in door or center punch to the glass slider. They hit during the day when they think no one is home and are in and out in a couple minutes.

Icky

Reaction score
Happened again last night. Same neighborhood. This time homeowner was shot. Neighborhood is about 1/2 mile away from me. Close to my brothers. Brother lives in a nice affluent area. He heard noise one night about 5 years ago and checked his cameras in the morning and it showed a car pull up and 3 guys with bandannas over their faces run full speed to his front door and tried kicking it in. Actually kicking the full pane of glass on the door. Kicked it like 7 times then bailed. It was crazy to watch and scary. He has a big house and bedrooms are in the rear so he didn’t hear it real good at the time. He thought his son was just getting home. He’s a cop. Amazing the glass held. Him and his wife have guns. Crazy times
Brother in law and a few friends are in the area. That first one was less than 3 miles from his house.

FCT

Reaction score
My first house was in a crappy neighborhood. It got broke into...once.

The cops told me they will be back in one year. Why? They know it takes that long to get your insurance money, and go out and replace your stuff. Get an alarm installed while you wait.

They came back almost a year to the date! The alarm went off and they split. All I got was a broken window.

Do your homework and find a good system. 👍🏼
In regards to the alarm, what is a good system? I have ring motion flood lights at different locations on my house but I know that’s not a alarm and thieves don’t give a shit about cameras.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
In regards to the alarm, what is a good system? I have ring motion flood lights at different locations on my house but I know that’s not a alarm and thieves don’t give a shit about cameras.

Monitored by a human. So even when you're out of town with no cell service, someone is sensing the alarm has been tripped and is calling the cops to investigate.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

colenighthawk

Reaction score
We live in Huntington Beach and are seeing a huge increase in burglaries in the area. I think the police said there have already been 25-30 this year. We've found out that there is a South American gang operating in many affluent neighborhoods. This is happening all over CA. These gangs bring members into the country for a week or two to do the robberies then they leave and are replaced with a new set.
They know when the residents leave and hit the house while they are away. Several times the homeowners return while they burglars are still in the house...that is what happened last night.
We recently had a police officer meet with homeowners to discuss the rise in crime in the area, what the gangs are stealing and how this can be prevented. They focus on getting guns, cash, jewelry and purses and then anything else they can grab. Some of the break ins occur using an extension ladder and going through an upper balcony. Most people put the security cameras on the lower levels so he criminals are avoiding detection.
Security cameras are good and we have a lot in the area but they do not prevent anything.
We do not have gates. The cops said other neighborhoods in the area with gates have seen only a handful of break-ins. Gate take a long time to add to an existing community.
We could hire patrol service but they would probably be the same caliber of security at the Hollywood Bowl where Dave Chappell was attached.
We have a dog...Blue Heeler and she is aggressive towards people coming on the property. Maybe I need a few more.
I'm posting this because I'm looking for ideas:
How others have been proactive on protecting their home especially when you're away from the house.
How do you protect your cash and valuables?
Where should we focus our efforts for the best results. You can't hide everything in safes.
I'm working with other neighbors and would like to develop a proactive plan for the home and within the community so the criminals realize targeting our area is high risk and low return. This plan is also to help tamp down the fear neighbors are starting to show which can create other problems like not being proactive or being engaged in the community. So I'm reaching out to you guys for ideas you've seen work...and what doesn't work.

I appreciate any feedback
How do you know that their South American?
Huntington Beach is close to Bolsa, all that Asian shit. Could me Vietnamese or Chinese, right?

yz450mm

Reaction score
ADT, with a cell enabled panel. Any time you leave set it to instant, not the normal delayed away arming. Use your phone to disable the alarm before you open any doors.

Once you install the app, you get a complete history of every sensor activation, so you see exactly what is happening at your house.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
So basically:
The government is telling you to make your home a prison cell to keep you safe from the riffraff that they’re allowing to cross our border, and/or the riffraff they refuse to prosecute for other crimes.

Welcome to the new Amerika, The Great Reset

JL95

Reaction score
The back to back riverside home invasions piss me off so much. My family is right there. Rancho Valencia totally gated has been getting hit ,even Bear Creek in Murrieta got hit inside the gates last week. This type of shit is a wet blanket. Makes you numb.

hboutlaw

Reaction score
How do you know that their South American?
Huntington Beach is close to Bolsa, all that Asian shit. Could me Vietnamese or Chinese, right?
It’s based on what the police said and then doing more research. As someone else stated there are also Chilean gangs doing the same type of burglaries. It doesn’t matter who’s doing it my intent is to learn from others experience. There’s been a lot of good input.

FCT

Reaction score
Just shoot and ask questions later. Oh right it's komifornia. You will be charged with murder and the illegal criminal will be awarded millions of dollars
The sad truth

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So basically:
The government is telling you to make your home a prison cell to keep you safe from the riffraff that they’re allowing to cross our border, and/or the riffraff they refuse to prosecute for other crimes.

Welcome to the new Amerika, The Great Reset

That is the same thing my father in law says.. He says you aren't building paradise, you are building a prison to keep yourself in while the criminals run free. It makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

RD

WildHorses24

Reaction score
It’s based on what the police said and then doing more research. As someone else stated there are also Chilean gangs doing the same type of burglaries. It doesn’t matter who’s doing it my intent is to learn from others experience. There’s been a lot of good input.
I live in South HB and have many of the same concerns you do. One of my buddies is an HB Det and echos everything you have been saying about the south American gangs and what a HUGE problem it is. He says make sure to shoot them inside the home before you drag them to the grass to bleed out;)

ConcreteDr

Reaction score
We live right in the middle of 6 of these hits and my wife and I know three of the families.
I was reluctant to post on this topic but feel you should all know what were all dealing with.
I have not spoke to the detective assigned to this mess ( yes the City of Huntington Beach ) has assigned a team led by what I was told a senior who is collaborating with other PD's up and down the Coast.

This is organized.
1. They don't care about cameras.
2. They don't care about alarms.
3. They scout there prey and watch the occupants leave and follow them staying in touch with the enter team via phone. They may have someone watching.
4. They focus on the master bed and closets.
5. They look for Safes and have tools to remove them and don't care how they do it.
6. In one case they removed a very large safe slid it down the stairs and out to a Van.
It was bolted down and they some how extracted it.

I spoke with the City attorney he said that don't have any real hard evidence yet but think there from so America coming in on temp tourist visas and working for a leadership crew.

They have worked the coast from San Diego to Santa Barbara same MO.

I was told if the safe can't be carried out by more then 4 strong guys they leave it... guess what I have coming.

They know the PD has a 10 minute response time and are in and out in less than 5 .... this is from the Camras all that hit had.

They are probably armed and will not hesitate to engage.

They have got millions in cash jewelry gold guns etc. thats what there after.

This will not end soon so be prepared and safe if your CCW and always hot be ready.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
As I walked through the living room I saw one of the BevHills HouseWives on TV was held at gunpoint & robbed in her home.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
It answers a lot of questions. I was missing a nice garden hose in my front yard. Found the guy fixing my gate put it in the bed of his pickup.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
These guys are back at it in Newport. My MIL said several houses on her street in Big Canyon have been getting hit from Chilean gangs that enter through the condo side, which isn’t gated. They cross the golf course to the big $ homes. Newport PD now has several officers patrolling the community.

The condos have been getting hit for a while, but the homes on the golf course, deeper in the community, are getting robbed more frequently.