WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

South Florida Tarpon

Backlash

Reaction score
I can't take any credit for this catch, but this is a picture of my nephew and a fresh 'poon he caught fishing the bridges in So. Florida. I WILL say it must have something to do with genetics though! 😁

20200918_233534.jpg

sonicss31

Reaction score
Great catch. Question, live bait or lure. I live in the Keys and haven’t tried this yet. 🤣

Backlash

Reaction score
Yes Sir, from the bridges its typically live bait. Pilchards, mullet or even crabs will get a bite. Down in the Keys you have a million options for catching them. Pick a bridge. 😉 On a boat you can anchor up near a channel and soak live or dead bait. Be ready to toss your anchor line over to chase after them though. And in the big channels you have to watch out for the bull sharks. They are aggressive for sure!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Mullet ha.... I had a huge gill net down in Clearwater & St Pete me and my college roommate would drag out and we'd drag out so many folks would come out of their condos with trash bags. Loved the smoked mullet with gobs of tarter sauce. We'd crack off their heads and grill em up.

sonicss31

Reaction score
Yes Sir, from the bridges its typically live bait. Pilchards, mullet or even crabs will get a bite. Down in the Keys you have a million options for catching them. Pick a bridge. 😉 On a boat you can anchor up near a channel and soak live or dead bait. Be ready to toss your anchor line over to chase after them though. And in the big channels you have to watch out for the bull sharks. They are aggressive for sure!
Thank you:cool: