WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Spangler / Randsberg rides NYE

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
1200px-BLM_Winter_Bucket_List_-7-_Trona_Pinnacles%2C_California%2C_for_Out_of_This_World_Rock_Formations_%2815515503494%29.jpg

561479_10200145616622308_2093989610_n_653794.jpg

1811549316_c0004f3290_b.jpg

1200px-Tunnel_south_entrance.JPG

VC_UndergroundCalifornia_Module06_BurroSchmidtTunnel_Supplied_Flickr_11776098265_4a5ae30e59_1280x640.jpg

tu_view.jpg

Wifie and I along with the Trucker Josh family and possibly **thick skulled, myopic, one way C Bass will be camping at (or the *vicinity of) Dirt Diggers Dec 26 thru Jan 9.

Rides will be to the Burro Schmidt Tunnel, Trona Pinnacles, Husky Monument, Randsberg's 2 bars and a few other locations.

Open to any RVing / off-roading toy RDP’ers that want to join us.
We go rain, snow, low temps we’re there.

No flakes. If you say you’re in you'll be a hoser and a dooley if you don’t show.

*RDP forums definition of vicinity = the entire Southwest USA and sometimes Wisconsin to Saskatchewan’s Northern border.

**RDP forums definition of thick skulled, myopic and one way = RD

Last edited:

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
i camp out that way a lot. but i avoid places like dirt diggers due to fireworks. my poor old dogs just cant hang with that anymore so i camp as far from others as feasable

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
i camp out that way a lot. but i avoid places like dirt diggers due to fireworks. my poor old dogs just cant hang with that anymore so i camp as far from others as feasable
Jas’ : May / probably roll up past the trax several miles SE of Diggers up past Searls station.
Our pets can handle the fireworks but the SoBe bombs takes months to recover from.

Last edited:

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
Jas’ : May / probably roll up past the trax several miles SE of Diggers up past Searls station.
Our pets can handle the fireworks but the SoBe bombs takes months to recover from.
We're camping off Trona Road and 395 and hanging out in Randsburg. We'll need OHV permits? I'm bringing an RV and two dirt bikes, and my oldest son is driving his truck separately.

Will each vehicle need one? How much and can they be bought in JoBurg? You seem to know the place inside out, and I appreciate your input.

Reactions: TPC

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
C5B0F042-D2C0-4080-A8AA-95446DC2E041.jpeg
I’ll be out there from Friday till Tuesday, camping in Cal City near Bill Borax park / MX track area. Not sure what days we are going where, but we will be in Randsburg at some point for sure. And I do want to see Husky monument, never been there. Keep an eye out for the bug.

thmterry

Reaction score
I will be at the Football field (1mile south of Searles station rd) Dec 28th till 1st or 2nd. Rode to the brewery today :D

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
@thmterry what will you be riding?

@OutCole'd , I'll keep an eye out, and say hello. If I see your rig in front of the White House or Joint, I'll buy you one.

Are you guys getting the OHV passes?

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
@thmterry what will you be riding?

@OutCole'd , I'll keep an eye out, and say hello. If I see your rig in front of the White House or Joint, I'll buy you one.

Are you guys getting the OHV passes?
Yes, I buy the pass because I fill up water right at the ranger station and use the dump station in my way out, it’s worth it to me.

And Thanks, I hope to meet up.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
i'll be at prospectors camp or immediately outside of it from 29th-2nd. riding dirt bikes. first im going to dual sport a large area east of the salton sea

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Went out to the football field this last weekend for the Clawson Motorsports 2nd annual Customer appreciation weekend. What a great time. There's some decent riding out there. I've done a lot of riding out at Jawbone and Dove Springs.Rands is always on the list as a ride-to_On another note, I had the opportunity to test drive a brand new 4 seater can-am turbo.Wow, that thing handled like a dream, and my foot was on the floor of that thing the whole time.Fun:)

Meaney77

Reaction score
Went out to the football field this last weekend for the Clawson Motorsports 2nd annual Customer appreciation weekend. What a great time. There's some decent riding out there. I've done a lot of riding out at Jawbone and Dove Springs.Rands is always on the list as a ride-to_On another note, I had the opportunity to test drive a brand new 4 seater can-am turbo.Wow, that thing handled like a dream, and my foot was on the floor of that thing the whole time.Fun:)

Its funny, I have been riding both places for over 20 years and I really enjoy both. However If I was on 2 wheels, I would ride Spangler day in and day out over Dove or Jawbone. There is a ton of good riding, tight/technical single track, and hill climbs out there that not many people know about as well as some good destinations. In my opinion Spangler isnt the best for a SxS or buggy's. But on the other hand- there are some really good wide trails for buggy's and SxS out in Dove and Jawbone. Some great destination rides from Dove to Schmidt to Spangler to Randsburg and back to Jawbone for lunch and beers and eventually back to camp in Dove or getting up into the Piutes is a blast. Maybe its an age thing but that extra 30 minutes down Randsburg road in my MH towing my enclosed sometimes feels like an eternity. Regardless- both are great places, its a shame to see them shrink in size as the BLM continues to close more.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
moto.jpg
I ride a CRF 450R and my young ones ride a PW 50 and a CRF 50.Santa brought them this year.They are just getting started. I have always wanted to try Spangler. Always rode Jbone and Dove out of habit, as well as Glamis J-Valley,Glamis,etc.As I get my boys into the motohabit, I will be trying out more spots. My 5 year old told me this morning before school-"Daddy, I want to ride everyday, I don't want to go to school today"I almost cried:)

Meaney77

Reaction score
View attachment 731537 I ride a CRF 450R and my young ones ride a PW 50 and a CRF 50.Santa brought them this year.They are just getting started. I have always wanted to try Spangler. Always rode Jbone and Dove out of habit, as well as Glamis J-Valley,Glamis,etc.As I get my boys into the motohabit, I will be trying out more spots. My 5 year old told me this morning before school-"Daddy, I want to ride everyday, I don't want to go to school today"I almost cried:)

Thats what its all about!! I have 3 girls and 2 of them ride and are hooked as well, brings tears of joy every-time I hear them say that they want to go camping and riding!