WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Spare tire location?

Western Flyer

Reaction score
Been considering fabbing up a spare mount on my Hallett's trailer. Looked at several photos and mocked it up, now thinking the package looks better without, just toss the spare in the truck bed.
Thoughts and pics of yours, welcomed.

Backlash

Reaction score
On some of the newer builds, I've seen the tire mounted on the passenger side of the trailer, just inside the main frame rail. It rides horizontally on a swing-down tray, in front of the front axle. Not the best picture, but I had this one on my phone.

Screenshot_20221019-212314~3.png

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
On some of the newer builds, I've seen the tire mounted on the passenger side of the trailer, just inside the main frame rail. It rides horizontally on a swing-down tray, in front of the front axle. Not the best picture, but I had this one on my phone.

View attachment 1173003
That's how mine is mounted. Pull the pin and hinged bracket drops spare.
Screenshot_20221117_212210.jpg

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
When I redid my trailer, I put a crossmember in towards the bow. My spare sets on the crossmember with a some all thread to hold it in place. I carry one on each side. It sits down in the frame rails. Pretty easy to get to but still fairly hidden. Just unbolt and lift out

240Hallett

Reaction score
Been considering fabbing up a spare mount on my Hallett's trailer. Looked at several photos and mocked it up, now thinking the package looks better without, just toss the spare in the truck bed.
Thoughts and pics of yours, welcomed.
I am on the (covered) truck bed program also and agree that without is usually the better look. Ziggy’s set up is pretty clean and fairly hidden though if you have to go with something. The way the hull sits on the trailer will determine how much is hidden.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
i prefer them on the trailer. makes it really hard to forget it and it doesnt take up storage space. please though, if you put it on the trailer, just make sure you can get to it if the tires are flat on the trailer. ask me how i figured that little lesson out.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I am on the (covered) truck bed program also and agree that without is usually the better look. Ziggy’s set up is pretty clean and fairly hidden though if you have to go with something. The way the hull sits on the trailer will determine how much is hidden.
Without question your answer about appearance is 100% a 240Hallet-ism😁.
Btw, I think your boat looks absolutely great with the swimsteps😊😊

Orange Juice

Reaction score
I have my spare in the truck bed, along with a cheap floor jack. I use it also as a spare for my utv trailer.