WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speak up and you'll be heard... KitchenAide

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Wrapping up our remodel. Ordered a nice cars worth of KitchenAide appliances... With Covid ship times are all over the place. The fridge I ordered, higher end KitchenAid, ended up being "out of stock" with no ship date. Lowes agreed to sell me the floor model at a discount, score!

Delivered a few days later, fucker doesn't cool. Spent 1hr+ on the phone with KitchenAide, (because Lowes sucks dick and don't know their asshole from a hole in the ground) to be told they'll send a local service tech out. Problem is it is almost two weeks out. Thats bullshit with what I just spent with them; Fridge, 48" gas range, microwave drawer, warming drawer, ice machine and beverage cooler. Plus all the crap I bought from KitchenAide over the past few years for our flip homes.

So, I wonder over the their FaceBook page and raise hell. Within the same day I'm contacted by an agent and boom a new fridge is scheduled to be delivered in 5 days. But they're out of stock? I don't hold any faith in this coming through. Well, to my surprise it showed up today.

Speak up on social media and you'll be taken care of... Unfortunately thats how you have to roll nowadays...
IMG_0051.JPG

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
you blast them on social media, you get results. Blast them on the phone, you get put on perpetual hold. Funny how customer service works today.

shunter2005

Reaction score
Friends son bought a floor model, a Samsung with computer, at either HD or Lowe's. Same thing as you for delivery date, so he did the same, got the floor model. They delivered it and no cool. Come to find out, sales guy didn't know that the floor models don't have compressors in them and are not supposed to be sold. Don't know if that's nationwide or not, but at least at that store. So, that particular model was still not available, so they had to get him the super top of the line model to make it good.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Friends son bought a floor model, a Samsung with computer, at either HD or Lowe's. Same thing as you for delivery date, so he did the same, got the floor model. They delivered it and no cool. Come to find out, sales guy didn't know that the floor models don't have compressors in them and are not supposed to be sold. Don't know if that's nationwide or not, but at least at that store. So, that particular model was still not available, so they had to get him the super top of the line model to make it good.

Interesting. When it delivered, I plugged it in and set the temp. It was set on "showroom" which meant everything worked but the cooling. Turned that off and it didn't even try to kick on a compressor. Maybe there wasn't even one in there?? Lowes said they couldn't sell floor models, I convinced them to, maybe a mistake that worked out?

NicPaus

Reaction score
Waiting on a set of kitchenaid appliances. Was told they are made when ordered currently. Have not started demo of the kitchen yet. My delivery date is first week of October. 65 days from when I ordered.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I have this microwave and oven combo from kitchenaid for sale. Going to demo this kitchen soon as well. $800 $3500 ,New. Still hooked up to show it works fine.
20200804_091125.jpg

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Waiting on a set of kitchenaid appliances. Was told they are made when ordered currently. Have not started demo of the kitchen yet. My delivery date is first week of October. 65 days from when I ordered.

Yep, was told the same. Not producing units for inventory.

shunter2005

Reaction score
Interesting. When it delivered, I plugged it in and set the temp. It was set on "showroom" which meant everything worked but the cooling. Turned that off and it didn't even try to kick on a compressor. Maybe there wasn't even one in there?? Lowes said they couldn't sell floor models, I convinced them to, maybe a mistake that worked out?
Probably a good thing for you. Might have gotten you to the front of the line for delivery. Next time you go in there, find the manager and ask. I would bet he will tell you the reason they aren't supposed to sell the floor models.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Probably a good thing for you. Might have gotten you to the front of the line for delivery. Next time you go in there, find the manager and ask. I would bet he will tell you the reason they aren't supposed to sell the floor models.

it was the manger who sold it to me... Maybe I was a dick to him he sold it to me knowing it wouldn't work...

It's astonishing how bad the staff is at Lowe's now. If you can find one in the store or get one on the phone they are awful.

DLC

Reaction score
In 2019 top 5 appliance lines are.....
1- whirlpool
2-LG
3-Samsung
4- Frigidaire
5- kitchen aid

whirlpool makes most of The kitchen Aid line.

im surprised Samsung Is in the top 3 the ice marker is a huge problem

NicPaus

Reaction score
it was the manger who sold it to me... Maybe I was a dick to him he sold it to me knowing it wouldn't work...

It's astonishing how bad the staff is at Lowe's now. If you can find one in the store or get one on the phone they are awful.
My 2 lowes are great. Home depot can't compare. For appliances skypark location Jacquelyn and Western location forget his name. I am on first name basis with half the staff at both locations. Just text them and they handle it. They matched my customers best quote on the kitchenaid and gave me the 10% off on top. I have bought 10 sets of appliances this year already. Need doors or windows Jeff at Western location always comes through. Headed to lowes in 20 minutes.

shunter2005

Reaction score
The ice maker in the door is a problem for all of them, plus it's a space hog. Everyone I know with in door ice maker has to replace them or just not use them. Ours is in the bottom freezer and we have had zero problems.

Reactions: DLC

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
Of the three options, you get to choose two: low price, quick delivery, quality.

The first two choices will lead you to the big box stores.

When the third option is not present at delivery, the resentment hits.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Best dishwashers have been, for us, Miele - super quiet, excellent quality, reliable for years

jadenchick

Reaction score
I have that exact fridge and you’ll love it. I haven’t had any issues.

2Driver

Reaction score
I have that exact fridge and you’ll love it. I haven’t had any issues.

Same one here too, except after a week I went and bought a ULine ice maker. You will run out of ice everyday just filling a few tumblers.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Best dishwashers have been, for us, Miele - super quiet, excellent quality, reliable for years

We bought a Fisher & Paykel dishwasher drawer (double drawer). My sister has had one for a few years and it has been excellent.

Last edited:

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Same one here too, except after a week I went and bought a ULine ice maker. You will run out of ice everyday just filling a few tumblers.

We have (waiting on deliver lol) an ice maker in the adjacent wet bar.

gqchris

Reaction score
So you have to be a Karen and blast companies in public to get anything done these days. This is a direct result of the fucked up culture we have created. You spend 10's of thousands with them and they cant have some sort of resolution process in place to handle issues? Ugh, I really wish I lived back in the days of long ago. Glad to hear at least they are trying to resolve it now.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Several years ago we needed a new hot tub cover. The original one had lasted over 10 years in full so. Cal sun. After researching many of the online custom guy, I decided that I would spend more and get another one from the manufacturer. It started to crack after 4 years. I commented on one of their ads that came to me as FB spam essentially. They contacted me and sold me one for dealer cost. I did have to drive to Anaheim to pick it up though. The Caldera spa (a division of Hot Springs) has been awesome. Almost 17 yrs old now and still stays consistently hot even when nights get into the 30's.

jadenchick

Reaction score

Did you hit max ice? We don’t run out when we hit that button.

NicPaus

Reaction score
They are blocking posts now. My appliances from beginning of August that I was told 13 day lead time were pushed back to today. Just left lowes they said middle of February now. Ridiculous. Sales lady was still on hold with whirlpool when I left trying to get a answer. Told them I need loaners so my customers can cook Thanksgiving dinner.

jadenchick

Reaction score
I hate the fridge now too; after I said no issues with it, it started not cooling. I waited 2 months for parts, the repair guy is here today finally fixing it so I have a fridge for Thanksgiving. The parts were all backordered and they could never tell the repair company an arrival date.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
In 2019 top 5 appliance lines are.....
1- whirlpool
2-LG
3-Samsung
4- Frigidaire
5- kitchen aid

whirlpool makes most of The kitchen Aid line.

Based on my great experiences with Miele dishwashers I'd recommend them

PlanB

Reaction score
Our Samsung fridge at our Havasu house has had problems from day one. As for dishwashers, Bosch! So quiet you don't know it's running, and it's been problem free.

We have a wine captain that is KitchenAid and it's had rusting problems from condensation on the glass, and it's one of their more expensive models.

boatpi

Reaction score
Never buy a Samsung fridge, bad ice
Makers. I have 9 friges and 10 washers and driers. Rentals etc., #1 reliable is GE, followed by whirlpool. As to washers high end, cannot beat Samsung.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
When we did our Kitchen Remodel 3 years ago we also went with all Kitchen Aid appliances. We went thru 3 KA refrigerators within 6 months before I threw up the White Flag and bought an LG. It's been flawless ever since. Save your time, and dump the Kitchen Aid Refrigerator. They are JUNK!!! (FYI - The rest of there appliances have been perfect)

NicPaus

Reaction score
After 2 hours on hold they told the sales representative nothing they will do and to let me know that February 17 is projected date and it might change. They also mentioned after dec 2 they will no longer answer the phone. Only emails. Guess there business must be booming to treat customers with the we don't give a fuck attitude.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
We just got our ice machine and wine fridge that we ordered back in July.

jadenchick

Reaction score
On another subject I’ve been waiting since April for a bedroom set for the Havasu house since April. It’s finally getting delivered Dec 5.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I have a direct account at Whirlpool, so I get 30% discount off MSRP, which is about the deal the HD or LOWES has them for on a big sale. I recently ordered a couple expensive pieces from their KitchenAid line... Long delays on delivery now. 30 days plus. Hard to find comparable models.

When HD or Lowes has them on a good sale, that's usually a great price. Their average prices have about 25% markup. They must get a better discount than I do, LOL

NicPaus

Reaction score
Yeah. I am thinking they keep pushing back my order cause of the price. Hoping I will cancel order. They have since raised the prices on the same units. I got the discount plus the additional 10% off on top off msrp before they raised it.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Just leaving Lowes. Pays to be a loyal customer. Manager i have dealt with for years just lent me a Kitchenaid oven micro combo just like the used 1 I posted. Which I sold already. Customer will be able to cook dinner for Thanksgiving. He doesn't know why he has them in the warehouse but he found a few and I asked about price. No price yet but I got a few pms on my used 1 and if interested in new he said he could black Friday a good price. Retail is $3599