WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speaking of boat crashes ***warning, boating content!!!***

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Pretty cool. I have not wanted to be "that guy" and ask how much. (Rather pointless to ask as I don't have anything other than "beginner" boats.) If someone has the money tied up in a big power boat like that, seems fairly reasonable for what it is. If it helps on insurance, and safety, seems logical.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Pretty cool. I have not wanted to be "that guy" and ask how much. (Rather pointless to ask as I don't have anything other than "beginner" boats.) If someone has the money tied up in a big power boat like that, seems fairly reasonable for what it is. If it helps on insurance, and safety, seems logical.

When I looked into it, it wasn't cheap. But, @ONE-A-DAY said, if you get a group of guys together, the cost comes down a bit? Someone should organize this...

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
When I looked into it, it wasn't cheap. But, @ONE-A-DAY said, if you get a group of guys together, the cost comes down a bit? Someone should organize this...
$3000 ish plus expenses, the more you get for the class the lower the expenses come down. There were three of us in the class and I think it ended up being $3500. Ironically enough, one of the guys in the class had just piked up his new 50 something Nortech v bottom. He was anti lifeline jacket and said his boat was too big and his frequent lake too small (Lake Pleasant) to need to wear one. He rolled the boat and killed his wife a few months back.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
$3000 ish plus expenses, the more you get for the class the lower the expenses come down. There were three of us in the class and I think it ended up being $3500. Ironically enough, one of the guys in the class had just piked up his new 50 something Nortech v bottom. He was anti lifeline jacket and said his boat was too big and his frequent lake too small (Lake Pleasant) to need to wear one. He rolled the boat and killed his wife a few months back.
Unfortunately, learning skills and heeding warnings don't go hand in hand.

I have two fears when it comes to boating. Me doing something that hurts someone, or someone else doing something that hurts a family member.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Holy fuck that's awful.

I guess that saying about you can take the horse to water but you can't make him drink is true? How tragic for his wives family. 😔

So was that 3500.00 each? Or for all three of you? What's the limit on the actual class head count?

Thanks Walt.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Holy fuck that's awful.

I guess that saying about you can take the horse to water but you can't make him drink is true? How tragic for his wives family. 😔

So was that 3500.00 each? Or for all three of you? What's the limit on the actual class head count?

Thanks Walt.
Per person, not sure what the limit is, it can’t get too large or he won’t have enough time in the day to spend the 4 hours or so with each person on the lake.

When he drives your boat first it’s pretty terrifying, “you are going to do what”? By the end of the training your doing everything that was terrifying when the day started, ie 80 mph figure 8’s etc

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Pshhhh If you let me drive your boat I could make 35 mph figure 8s terrifying to you. 😁

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

If you can afford a 200k+ boat, 3k is nothing. Would be totally worth it to know how to really drive a boat. 👍

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Unfortunately this man's wife paid the ultimate price but I hope he and others he boats with have learned boat size and lake size mean nothing when it comes to wearing life vest.

Sad deal

havasuhusker

Reaction score
$3000 ish plus expenses, the more you get for the class the lower the expenses come down. There were three of us in the class and I think it ended up being $3500. Ironically enough, one of the guys in the class had just piked up his new 50 something Outerlimits v bottom. He was anti lifeline jacket and said his boat was too big and his frequent lake too small (Lake Pleasant) to need to wear one. He rolled the boat and killed his wife a few months back.

Corrected it for ya

Motor Boater

Reaction score

Interesting that he took the coarse and still managed to wreck that huge boat.