WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speaking of distracted driving.

dribble

Reaction score
Two days ago my girlfriend and I were in a head on collision with a distracted driver. We were in her Jaguar XF on a two lane road and a Honda Odyssey Van came right into us. We were doing 45 mph and the witnesses said he was doing 60-65. There was zero time to avoid the accident. My gf now has two broken arms a broken rib and a broken kneecap. I dislocated and broke two fingers. I truly thought were were going to die. In the back seat was a friend being treated for stage 4 cancer. She broke her sternum. The Jag however crumpled perfectly and between that and the air bags saved our lives. My girlfriend had to be removed from the car with the Jaws of Life. The driver of the other vehicle admitted fault and said there were papers flying around and he was trying to retrieve them. This truly pisses me off. I thought I had lost the love of my life after being apart for 37 years then getting back together. Now all of our plans for this summer and beyond are done. She’s home and in considerable pain.
9B4D0A7B-BF29-4193-AF44-45110D3715D0.jpeg

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Wow. I hope you guys come thru this as well as you can.

horrible

nowski

Reaction score
Wow, sorry to hear, amazing you survived with the amount of damage seen to the Jag. Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery...

Side note: Did you happen to record the conversation of the girl admitting fault? Phone can be in pocket (doesn't have to be in plain view) while recording. You never know when a simple recording can come in handy...

dribble

Reaction score
Wow, sorry to hear, amazing you survived with the amount of damage seen to the Jag. Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery...

Side note: Did you happen to record the conversation of the girl admitting fault? Phone can be in pocket (doesn't have to be in plain view) while recording. You never know when a simple recording can come in handy...

It was a man about my age (65) he admitted it to the CHP investigating officer. There were six separate witnesses. Badly Injured is my gf (in my avatar). She was driving and did everything she could to avoid it and took the brunt of the collision.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Summer plans changed, and not by your choice. The good thing, and there is one, you are all three able to change your plans. Much better than the alternative. You may be racked up, but hopefully able to continue helping your friend in a bit, and your girlfriend soon.

Cars can be replaced...but that one went out helping you get to another day.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I have had some close calls and have been lucky. It's good to know you guys pull through this, hope for a speedy recovery for your family and friend.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
That really sucks, but glad it wasn't worse, prayers for a speedy recovery.

Dalton

Reaction score
Just curious, what did you break your fingers on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmh

Reaction score
It was a man about my age (65) he admitted it to the CHP investigating officer. There were six separate witnesses. Badly Injured is my gf (in my avatar). She was driving and did everything she could to avoid it and took the brunt of the collision.
Sorry to hear about this ..hope everyone recovers .....what area did this occur in

dribble

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this ..hope everyone recovers .....what area did this occur in

Sacramento County near the old Mather AFB. Three miles from my house.

racektm

Reaction score
Terrible news, thank god for modern technology!!

Javajoe

Reaction score
Sorry for what happened. Terrible
I think of that happening every second I am driving Rice Road. Hope she has a speedy recovery

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Once went thru the broken sternum deal, no fun. Same cause, head-on collision with a truck going the opposite direction which came into our lane. Saw it coming, knew it was going to happen, seemed it happened in slo-mo. Seat belt retained me, likely saved my life, force of my body against the belt across my chest caused the broken sternum. Took about a month to recover.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Glad to hear your GF is going to be ok, positive thoughts sent to you both for rapid recovery!

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Sacramento County near the old Mather AFB. Three miles from my house.
Scary stuff. I drive on 2 lane highways all the time. Last Thursday, I drove from Sonora to El Dorado Hills. I try not to think about someone coming across the line. It will drive you crazy. I'm sorry this happened to you.

Sent From Tapatalk

dribble

Reaction score
Scary stuff. I drive on 2 lane highways all the time. Last Thursday, I drove from Sonora to El Dorado Hills. I try not to think about someone coming across the line. It will drive you crazy. I'm sorry this happened to you.

Sent From Tapatalk

Last weekend we were hauling ass home from Shingle Springs on the Harley. Funny because lately while riding the bike I've had a fear of getting hit head on. Almost like premonition. I'm always watching the car who's tailgating the oncoming car waiting for him to pull out.

C08H18

Reaction score
Last weekend we were hauling ass home from Shingle Springs on the Harley. Funny because lately while riding the bike I've had a fear of getting hit head on. Almost like premonition. I'm always watching the car who's tailgating the oncoming car waiting for him to pull out.
sorry this happened. Can't imagine the long ahead for her. i loved riding the Harley, but I have similar concerned and it's been parked for several years except for a few short hops.

PaPaG

Reaction score
WOW, Thank GOD you guys made it through....hope you both heal quickly...

84miller

Reaction score
Really sorry this happened to you, your girlfriend and the passenger. Get well, but my best suggestion is to immediately start a diary or log of everyone's road to recovery, everything. Do not ever speak to the other driver going forward at all. Let the insurance companies do the talking...when recovery does happen...send the diary to a lawyer and then settle. FYI, my sister was ran over by a 16 year old distracted driver, she was in a crosswalk, 70..it took 2 years to recover...keep a log of it all...it make a difference.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Live every like its your last.... This proves that you never know. Sorry for your injuries and grief hope all heal both physically and mentally quickly

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Totally keep a diary. Everything. PTSD is real.
Not comparing but I was in a 3 wide 2 lane desert road, no collision, 2 against 1 ( me) several years ago and I still get the heebi geebis.

rightytighty

Reaction score
E659D65A-E98C-427A-B226-CBCEA927A961.jpeg

Glad you and yours are alive.

This was yesterday near me. I was first car on scene. Woman in Black Audi dead on impact. Found driver of Yukon in back hatch area. (Not seat belted). He caused accident. Car on fire. We pulled him out and grabbed his traumatized pit bull. Don’t know if he made it. But his ankle bracelet made it out unscathed......:(

I’d rather never see anything like this again.

Again- glad you are ok to post about it.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Holy crap man, thank God you guys survived that! I know you're local so if I can help out in any way let me know.

The driver of the other vehicle admitted fault
Have you placed an order for a DCB yet?;)

dribble

Reaction score
Holy crap man, thank God you guys survived that! I know you're local so if I can help out in any way let me know.

Have you placed an order for a DCB yet?;)

Thanks. I appreciate the offer. I’m shopping for another Jag XF now. The DCB will come after the diesel pusher.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Damn. Glad you all are OK. I had a very similar instance with my family.

First thing I thought of when I read this post was it sounded like your accident.

Thank the powers that be that everyone will live to talk about this another day.