WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speaking of Eagle Mountain...

nordictom

Reaction score
I follow the MWD on Instaface. That's how I found the first post in this thread!

I'd LOVE to talk to you more about DV. I watched that whole deal from when they first imminent domained the properties to build Lake Domaigami, to when they changed it to DV and said sorry, no body to water contact.

Am I bitter? Yeah, a bit. But what's done is done. Would just love to know how it all played out. 😊

I wish I could elaborate more on the Diamond Valley Lake, but you probably know more then me LOL. I was at the Board meeting when the naming of the lake was being discussed. Since MWD lost the court battle with the people that lived there, I doubt they were going to name the lake after them. I have heard about the water park & water ski lake & who know what else was supposed to be built on the east side of the lake, I am guessing, there are still people pissed that besides the museum & a small water park, it just vacant land.

NT

Taboma

Reaction score
I wish I could elaborate more on the Diamond Valley Lake, but you probably know more then me LOL. I was at the Board meeting when the naming of the lake was being discussed. Since MWD lost the court battle with the people that lived there, I doubt they were going to name the lake after them. I have heard about the water park & water ski lake & who know what else was supposed to be built on the east side of the lake, I am guessing, there are still people pissed that besides the museum & a small water park, it just vacant land.

NT
Way back when they'd just started grading out there I was approached to invest in a large tract of land adjacent to the lake. Was a for sure thing, already had developers lined up to build a RV park and other lake oriented facilities --- a sure thing.
For several reasons I did not invest, and to this day the land sits vacant. Now, 20 some years later, it's probably going to make somebody wealthy as the housing developments are now flooding the area -- oh well, but the party who approached me sold out long ago and didn't make squat.

C-2

Reaction score
Nobody on HotBoat cared at the time when the meetings about DV recreation were taking place. The bass fisherman were all over it and had a decently organized group to act as their voice.

And yes, the eminent domain case didn't go too well for MWD and was a shot across the bow for cities and redevelopment agencies and their ability to condemn land for public use. After that trial, peeps started fighting more, lol.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Nobody on HotBoat cared at the time when the meetings about DV recreation were taking place. The bass fisherman were all over it and had a decently organized group to act as their voice.

And yes, the eminent domain case didn't go too well for MWD and was a shot across the bow for cities and redevelopment agencies and their ability to condemn land for public use. After that trial, peeps started fighting more, lol.
Hmmm...

Obviously it ended up in favor of the MWD, or DV wouldn't exist!

Stupid HB homo's. 😜

Reactions: C-2

C-2

Reaction score
Hmmm...

Obviously it ended up in favor of the MWD, or DV wouldn't exist!

Stupid HB homo's. 😜
Yes, eminent domain always prevails, it's the compensation that stung. Most of the time cities offer fair market value and few people argue about it. The Domenegoni family took it to trial and ended up getting like 10X the amount MWD was offering, it was a large sum of money.

And yes, HB homos