WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speaking of fund raising...

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
So one of my techs comes in my office and drops this flyer on my desk and asks that I sponsor their Baseball team. Now I have sponsored my local High School teams, Local Little League and Lord knows how many thousands of dollars of Girl Scout cookies I have given away. I'm having a hard time writing a check for for a bunch of guys needing money to play ball and drink beer on Saturdays.Yea they have a 501 (c3) number but really? Dont these fuckers have jobs? I mean I dont go around asking people to sponsor my Boat and Jeep habits.
What does the peanut gallery think? Should I throw some money at them or tell'em to get a job?

Attachments

• fontana quakes.pdf
    257.5 KB · Views: 17,554
Last edited:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
How many people are in the league, and/or attend games?
Basically, what's in it for you?
Is this a charitable donation, or is it like a banner across center field?

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
How many people are in the league, and/or attend games?
Basically, what's in it for you?
Is this a charitable donation, or is it like a banner across center field?
More like a charitable donation. Tech says they'll put our Co. logo on the jerseys. I'm not counting on it though. Also not counting on any addition business from it due to our line of work.

DWC

Reaction score
No chance they’d get a dollar from me.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
I hear the sound of rocks that want to be kicked...

Adult recreation should be sponsored by the adults participating.

Sent from a van down by the river. [emoji111]️[emoji41]

Reaction score
I can’t imagine increasing business via a guys baseball sponsorship? Unless maybe you own the bar next door to the field?

I've seen it work in small towns in the mid-west.
I think if half the team was your customer, you'd think different.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
My biz practice was primarily to donate/contribute to schools/children and military and not expect a measurable return.
All other "contributions" considered had to show me returns.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
When I was in a kickball league, we all got sponsored by local bars...BOGO drinks and they paid for our jerseys. The whole team would spend 2 or 3 hours there after each game...bar probably made their money back on night 2. Any other sort of business sponsoring this sort of thing is dumb.

DLC

Reaction score
I sponsore (give money) to my old high school it helps the sports teams, nice to see the poster with my name on it (kinda cool actually) but I don’t get any business or expect anything from it.

If the employee is a great guy and goes above and beyond his work duties, I could see throwing a couple hundred bucks towards him, and make it be known it’s a one time deal!

Now on the other hand the way he handled the deal doesn’t sound all that great and respectful, he should have talked to you about it and at least have given you a sells pitch of some sort....