sirbob

Reaction score
It was close but I think we can get this one plugged

002B1BE1-7BE7-420F-B5A6-E9B1BBB05931.jpeg
AB883B83-5B45-4689-9D3A-C6B3580B0969.jpeg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Whatever happened to the patch it from the inside method ???...

Last edited:

Lumpy

Reaction score
Depends on how ya drive it...if you hit 100+ on a regular basis replace both fronts.
I drive the HELL outa my C4 so no way am I plugging a tire on the front. Both fronts and or backs need to be in sync.
Its a Porsche...She is a Super Model...treat her like one.

nowski

Reaction score
While on my walk to Lowe's this afternoon I saw these and picked them up. I recently found these nails while on another walk and picked them up also. This is a common occurrence while out on my regular heart healthy walks. I usually just toss the stuff in the trash but since it's been a topic here lately I thought it was worth a couple pics. Good Karma, for starters I'm just trying to keep my wife and daughter from running them over, they seem to have a radar for them while driving around...

road hazard-2.jpg
road hazard-1.jpg

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
That was not legal to plug or patch. If the tire blows out, it's all on you if it's investigated.

I'd never try to repair a Z rated tire.

traquer

Reaction score
That was not legal to plug or patch. If the tire blows out, it's all on you if it's investigated.

I never thought much about doing it, but these days I have heavier and faster cars so it may be more critical. Would have hated to have a tire issue when I took the old M3 up to 170 one night lol

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
While on my walk to Lowe's this afternoon I saw these and picked them up. I recently found these nails while on another walk and picked them up also. This is a common occurrence while out on my regular heart healthy walks. I usually just toss the stuff in the trash but since it's been a topic here lately I thought it was worth a couple pics. Good Karma, for starters I'm just trying to keep my wife and daughter from running them over, they seem to have a radar for them while driving around...

View attachment 977086 View attachment 977087
...Pretty sure that one doubler can be saved👍...

707dog

Reaction score

View attachment 977086 View attachment 977087
Exactly I do this all the time if I'm walking through a parking lot or even on family walks, wife use to thinks it was wierd but understands. I catch my kids doing it sometimes too.

shunter2005

Reaction score
Almost an amazing feat to have that occur, I bet you could run over that bolt 1,000 times in various directions and never intentionally get it to even penetrate, let alone duplicate.
You are probably correct. I didn't even feel it. Worst part was, the lot I pulled into was about was about two hundred yards past a Discount Tire on the freeway feeder road. I could see the building, but I couldn't even limp the truck back to it. Had to take that big ass wheel off myself (I am definitely getting to old for that shit!!!!) and get it over to the tire place. Business had a Gator, was nice enough to take the tire and me over to DT. Of course, they didn't have a tire. So, we take it back and I put the spare on. Fun times...

Taboma

Reaction score
You are probably correct. I didn't even feel it. Worst part was, the lot I pulled into was about was about two hundred yards past a Discount Tire on the freeway feeder road. I could see the building, but I couldn't even limp the truck back to it. Had to take that big ass wheel off myself (I am definitely getting to old for that shit!!!!) and get it over to the tire place. Business had a Gator, was nice enough to take the tire and me over to DT. Of course, they didn't have a tire. So, we take it back and I put the spare on. Fun times...

I'm with ya, I'd really rather not be hefting any truck tires at this point along my time line, so AAA or hopefully I can limp it into the station. About the only way I could picture that bolt penetrating like it did would be the bolt sitting vertical on it's head and you dropping the truck straight down on it. 🤔 That's really strange, but then I'm sure these shops see all kinds of strange things in tires.

Tireman

Reaction score

ALL ON THE ENTIRE chain of commerce...dont ask me how i know.