WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speaking of what happened threads / life flight in the Landing parking lot last night?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Around sunset Saturday night a life flight landed in the parking lot of the Landing. I tracked it to Vegas on my phone so it must have been something pretty significant.

Also my friends truck and trailer was parked near the landing zone, quite a bit of damage from the rocks and gravel. I get it that they have to land but it was in a dirt lot with a lot of parked rigs.

SnoC653

Reaction score
if you tracked the flight you should have the N number. The helicopter operator is responsible for damage from it's rotor wash. Being a life flight does not remove that fact. Proving the flying debris caused the damage might be another issue, but they are responsible.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
if you tracked the flight you should have the N number. The helicopter operator is responsible for damage from it's rotor wash. Being a life flight does not remove that fact. Proving the flying debris caused the damage might be another issue, but they are responsible.
I do have the number and I saved the flight on my app, he wasn’t the only one, I will let him know. Would have been cool to wet down the area if they had time.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Interesting.
Similar to a boats wake I’m guessing.

JayBreww

Reaction score
First off it wasn't my program so I will admit up front that I have no opinion worth hearing. That said if someone lived because the chopper got in and out as quickly as possible I'm for the chopper.

Nobody is against it? Just the pilots choice of an LZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
First off it wasn't my program so I will admit up front that I have no opinion worth hearing. That said if someone lived because the chopper got in and out as quickly as possible I'm for the chopper.
I’m with you, who gives a crap about the trucks if it saved someone, but maybe the SB fire trucks who were parked there waiting forever it could have wet it down a few minutes before he touched down. You gotta think the helo gets banged up with all that crap flying around as well.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

Springfield

Reaction score
Is that from the accident of the 16 year old sea doo operator that hit a boat? He was listed critical condition, that was mid afternoon Saturday.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I’m with you, who gives a crap about the trucks if it saved someone, but maybe the SB fire trucks who were parked there waiting forever it could have wet it down a few minutes before he touched down. You gotta think the helo gets banged up with all that crap flying around as well.

They should really have a pad built at all the ramps considering they have to do this a couple of times a year. Save the helos and the private property.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Is that from the accident of the 16 year old sea doo operator that hit a boat? He was listed critical condition, that was mid afternoon Saturday.
No that was on the AZ side at Windsor, this was just before sunset at the landing

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
It is the fire departments job to secure the Landing Zone, and that does include wetting the surface if needed. Traditionally the incident commander from the fire department chooses the spot, wets the surface and contacts the airship on calcord.

Contact the fire departments administration, that area it should have been San Bernardino County Fire.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

4Waters

Reaction score
It is the fire departments job to secure the Landing Zone, and that does include wetting the surface if needed. Traditionally the incident commander from the fire department chooses the spot, wets the surface and contacts the airship on calcord.

Contact the fire departments administration, that area it should have been San Bernardino County Fire.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
^^^THIS^^^

And wetting the ground doesn't always work, it turns into flying mud, ask me how I know😳🤬🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4Waters

Reaction score
Correct, and in the "Big Picture" in an Emergency and possible Life Threatening Situation, is anyone thinking about anything other than the Patients/Victims?
Actually they are always supposed to wet dirt down, part of FAA regulations is a fire engine is supposed to be there with a charged hose pulled and ready, so why not wet it since the hose is out anyways.

I was on the first medivac that LACOFD used the Blackhawk, it was at Leo Carillo, the rotor wash was tremendous, we had a patient strapped to a backboard that almost flew away, I ended up laying on her to keep her down, the engine and a couple cars lost a window from rocks and several of us had rocks cause bruises. We had landed the Bell 412 there several times with nothing more that dust and sand blowing around. Protocols changed for the Blackhawk. LOL

With that said it was a 412 that threw mud all over the apparatus and crew, the pilot just laughed🤣 nothing he could do once it happened🤣

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
A few notes on this....

1) The LZ is a paved open lot adjacent to a dirt boat trailer parking area. The LZ itself is not dirt

2) The SBC Fire Department at the Landing is very small and those on site would be transporting the patient to the LZ

3) Helicopter comes from LHC and they are there very quickly

4) The Air Medic transport to Las Vegas costs $79,999. I call it the Earl Schieb Helicopter ride

How do I know this? My wife (she is fine) was transported to Vegas from the Landing just this January. She fell in our kitchen and hit her head on the island counter top. She was losing consciousness but was released directly from the ER. Never admitted. Six stitches.

Last edited:

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
This may be a lesson in what not to do if anyone impacted by the debris may not want to do in an attempt to recover damages. Scroll up to thee 50 second point for the impatient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spudsbud

Reaction score
A few notes on this....

1) The LZ is a paved open lot adjacent to a dirt boat trailer parking area. The LZ itself is not dirt

2) The SBC Fire Department at the Landing is very small and those on site would be transporting the patient to the LZ

3) Helicopter comes from LHC and they are there very quickly

4) The Air Medic transport to Las Vegas costs $79,999. I call it the Earl Schieb Helicopter ride

How do I know this? My wife (she is fine) was transported to Vegas from the Landing just this January. She fell in our kitchen and hit her head on the island counter top. She was losing consciousness but was released directly from the ER. Never admitted. Six stitches.

Please tell me/us, insurance covered most of that...... $80K..... WTF !

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Please tell me/us, insurance covered most of that...... $80K..... WTF !
It's actually $110k. $30K for the ER... Our portion: $200 for the Helicopter and $150 for the ER. Kaiser, and I'm super happy actually.