WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Spectra Pictures

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Was going through some old photos of my Pops Spectra.

Thought I'd Share.

This was Lake Nacimiento. I think in '86.

GJGH.jpg

The day he sold it. I think '99.

97-0424fGBoat.jpg

I like this picture.

97-0424gGBoat.jpg

This boat has been around the country. When my folks bought it in '82, we had spent a lot of time in Parker, CC on Havasu, and Nacimiento. Then started going to Powell. Eventually we moved to Upstate New York and cruised her on Lake Ontario. Then I joined the Marines, and the folks moved to Georgia and cruised her on Lake Lanier.

This was the last time my folks saw her.....until a board member here bought her. From what I understand, she has been extremely well cared for. Thank you Jim. When you decide to sell her, please give me an opportunity.

Since I go to Mead now, this boat would be great for Lake Mead.

97-0424kGBoat.jpg

I have always poured so much soul into my parents boats and now my own. Those days are some of my best memories. Boating brings my family and friends even closer.

Again, just thought I'd share.

Greg

Schiada Time

Reaction score
Great story. My dad still has the 1980 22 Schiada I was raised in and learned to water ski behind. The coolest thing is now I have a 22 Schiada as well and we cruise them together on Mead with my family growing in mine.

Hope to run into you on the water someday. My boat is red and white with wood grain and my Dad's is yellow with about 12 colors of stripes and patterns.

H2OBOZO

Reaction score
Love that boat, Thanks for sharing. Familys that boat together, stay together!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It's threads like these that are what this website is all about..

Thanks for posting it!

RD

fennaz

Reaction score
This is awesome, thank you for sharing. :thumbsup

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Stuff like this,is why I love this website! Thank's for posting this and Thank's Dave for all you do! :champagne: :D

jayteetrotter

Reaction score
G, this is a cool thread.

Families who wrench on boats together, stay together. So on that note, do you want to come over and help me drop the SBC into the schiada this weekend or next?

FrznJim

Reaction score
Here's the same boat today, now in Parker. It has a new 496HO and velvet drive installed by Bergeron a couple of years ago. Engine now has 9 hours on it. We also had the gel coat updated, stress cracks removed, etc several years ago. BTW what was the name of the boat when your father has it?

24Spectrasmall1.JPG

24Spectrasmall2.jpg

24Spectrasmall3.JPG

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Here's the same boat today, now in Parker. It has a new 496HO and velvet drive installed by Bergeron a couple of years ago. Engine now has 9 hours on it. We also had the gel coat updated, stress cracks removed, etc several years ago. BTW what was the name of the boat when your father has it?

"SYBARITE"

Has some Greek meaning to it. The boat was already named when my folks purchased it.

The boat looks AWESOME!!

Last edited:

FrznJim

Reaction score
internet definition for sybarite is a person devoted to pleasure and luxury, a voluptuary. Hey, I could get interest in that, if only could afford it.

Maha Skiier

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I just inherited my Parents Spectra 20. I haven't had it out in 15 years. But the memories are of the same age and time. A dear friend of my dad's overhauled it for me, and I need to get it registered and insured, and then on to a new generation with my own kids. Can't wait! (And to take it to an empty parking lot to learn how to back it up... Dad always did that.. I was the driver during launching)