WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Spectra Regatta 2010 Who Is in:

Flat Broke

Reaction score
I'll be there. With the slowest Spectra 20 I've ever owned :(

So out in front of the Nautical lagoon between 10 & 11 on Saturday right?

Chris

spectra81

Reaction score
Were coming in thurs afternoon with a v drive and hopefully a very nice i/o

SPECTRABRENT

Reaction score
Greg I hope your going.
Make sure your buddy with the Howard is coming too.

Brent

stickman07

Reaction score
Would love to be there but no can do this year. I'm really hopin' for a regatta same time next year as i'm already plannin' on draggin out from Texas for it when the tug is all done. Have to pick my next years vacation in September and would be a great way to spend a B-Day weekend. Can't wait to see some awsome pics of all the cool Spectras y'all have.

spectra81

Reaction score
Hope there is a good showing ,not to worry good time anyway

Magnethd

Reaction score
Have a safe trip all. Wish I could make. I Would love to check out all your boats and meet some owners. Already had a trip to Mead planned for Memorial Day.

Darrell

Oh yea, don't forget your cameras.

spectra81

Reaction score
Hello all.Got here thurs afternoon Not too many Spectras ,WHERE IS EVERBODY. PS HOTTER THAN SHIT

Flat Broke

Reaction score
I'll be in the water in front of the Nautical around 10ish.

Chris

Flat Broke

Reaction score
Well I was out in front of the Nautical at 10 on Saturday, idled in, beached, said hi to Ol' Johnson, and then headed back out. Took a quick run down to Copper Canyon with Wheeler and Spectra81, saw a clean white and orange I/O roll in, floated for a while, but wanted to run the boat.

We rolled out, headed back up to the Nautical punishing the 460 the whole way. We idled around to see if any other Spectras showed up but didn't see anything other than what I think might have been Brent's brother in law's blue and white I/O on the dock.

So I pointed the boat south and started running into the chop towards the springs/cattail. I was pushing the boat hard (relative to it's size, the water, and an unkown engine setup) and spent a little time airborne here and there ;) We decided to bail at Cattail and come out today to run up to the Moabi area a d maybe do a little tubing with the kids if it was mellow enough.

So I go out this morning to add a little down wedge to the pump in preparation for rough water and wanting to plow the entry of the hull more; only to smell gas in the boat. The second I climbed over the gunnel I could see soaked carpet. I pulled the interior expecting to find a cracked filler neck or pickup bung, but no luck. The leak is somewhere in the rear third of the tank on the bottom or around back. My guess is a baffle weld failed, but who knows. It does suck that these are basically new Imco tanks that were installed back in 06 and have seen about 18 hours of boating.

So this morning was spent helping my brother do some maintenance on his Dana. On the bright side, I was transfered the fuel from the leaking tank to the truck for tomorrow morning's drive home. :)

Now I have to figure out when I'm going to have time to cut the tank free, feet it repaired, replace the carpet, etc.

Chris

spectra81

Reaction score
Its too bad the weather got shitty for a little while. Thats a very clean ride and hardly slow. I had the GPS on when we were going to copper canyon got to a whopping 32mph before the Passenger in the right seat starting beating on my arm lol. Nice to see ya all,Greg

Flat Broke

Reaction score
Thanks,

I can't take credit fir how clean it is though; I just bought it that way and broke it :D If you think that's hardly slow, my 76 project should prove interesting ;)

I hope I didn't come off as a dick for not tying up and hanging out, I just haven't been behind the wheel of my own boat for too many years, and wanted to get out and drive the boat while I didn't have to worry about a smooth ride for the kids :skull

Hopefully by next year I'll have my 76 done and can make it interesting for you v-drive guys ;)

Chris

BHC River Rat

Reaction score
Our Account,
Please excuse me, I'm really bad with names....

We got in early Saturday Morning, and really didn't know what to expect.

After finally getting in the water, we idled into the cove and got a thumbs up from Greg, who turned out to be Spectra81, which really made me feel good about being in the right place, and about my partially done boat.

After trying to get situated with the room and such, a few Spectra's took off to the south. We picked up and headed to Copper Canyon, and sure enough... Spectra81, and a Very Clean, (and I understand very fast) light blue Spectra, and "Light this Candle" (Very Clean). After Rocking and Rolling in the mouth of the cove... we decided to take a ride downlake. (It's been 30 years since I've seen this neck of the woods.).

Anchoring in a cove nearly across from Copper Canyon on the way back to swim for an hour or so, an 18' Spectra came in, checked us out, and left.. not to be seen again.

Heading back, we went to the north end of the channel and headed back to the beach. Passing several Spectra's, and waving... all looked good.... we continued back to the beach.

Hanging out on the beach, we got to meet a lot of great people, and Spectra Enthusiasts.

Oh yea,
I think Somebody promised me a Retro Spectra T-Shirt...
Thanks Brent,