• New 2009 Style shirt

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Reprint the original Spectra shirts

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just curious.. If we were going to run some new Spectra shirts.

Would you like reprints of the originals on higher quality shirts?

Or would you like a new 2009 style Spectra shirt?

Either way would you buy one, if so what size and how many.

I'm trying to get a feel for how many shirts (if any) should be run, as well if Brent or ??? Puts on a regatta next year then we're going to need some new shirts. ;)

RD

alohajeff

Reaction score
Without seeing the new I voted old. I'd be in for a shirt or two. XL for me and XS for her. Lighter colors please... all the dark BLACK cool kid shirts I've got are too damn hot.

Aloha

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what the new design looks like.

I'd have the same guy design it that did the original rdp shirts and the race shirts etc.. He hasn't let me down yet. LOL.
I was thinking that pic of 75's boat airborne with Spectra boats and some "tag line". I.e. 30 years and they still haven't caught up or something like that etc.. Obviously that needs work just came off the top of my head.

White shirts in color screens.

RD

grantlenk

Reaction score
Put me down for 5 LG 5 XLG and 5 XXLG....I would prefer the old style design and logo....

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
2 3X
2 XL
4 L

Cheers, Mark

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Put me down for 2 large:champagne::D Either design...I don't remember seein' either one of them,but then I've only been a Spectra owner since February 09.....Let me know what ya decide and how much...like I said,I'll be in for 2!:D

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave, if you don't do this I will.
I've been waiting for some Spectra shirts for a long time now.

Well then I'll step aside and let ya have at it! :)

Let me know if you need any help.

RD :D <---- will take 4 XXL's

BHC River Rat

Reaction score
I'm definately interested in couple shirts. I'm new here, but have been in my '79 since it was new.
Anyone have a pic of the 'old' shirt I could check out?

turbo350r

Reaction score
I know it will cost more, but both styles would be BAD ASS. I would be in for a few for me and the lady. So I cant really vote. :D

MattR

Reaction score
We Have an original Spectra Shirt from the 70's if anyone wanted to copy it!

Matt

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
spectrabrent had made reprints of the orginal spectra shirts and I believe still has some inventory. I was going to try and get the artwork or the screens from him and Print more, or just star from scratch and just do a new one.

RD

MattR

Reaction score
This is My Daughters Shirt, We found it at my Grandparents House. They are friends with the Baileys in Boulder City.

Matt

Attachments

• Spectra Shirt.jpg
    Spectra Shirt.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 614

BHC River Rat

Reaction score
I've seen that design, and I love retro. I'd buy those if they're available, or I'm into tryin' new too. Your the experts.
Says I can't vote. ;-)

BobbyB

Reaction score
Hey Dave,

Re-config the poll so as we can have a "buy BOTH" option. I would be interested in having a new one, AND the old style.

Either way, put me down for 2 XXL's (of each style).

alohajeff

Reaction score
spectrabrent had made reprints of the orginal spectra shirts and I believe still has some inventory. I was going to try and get the artwork or the screens from him and Print more, or just star from scratch and just do a new one.

RD

If that's the case I can spend $$$ in two places! Brilliant!

I'd like to buy an "old" shirt or two ASAP and then when the "new" shirt is available I'd like to buy a few more.

Aloha

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It looks from the poll that it was OVERWHELMINGLY preferred to stick with the original spectra shirts.

I'll call Brent, and see if he can get the screens, or If I can get the 2 versions of the shirt he has to reproduce them etc.. :)

The only downside to all of this, is it doesn't look like there is a huge call for them.. So the run will be fairly small which will drive the price up a bit, just to break even. Just comparing it to what I usually sell shirts for etc.. I.E. the race shirts are about 8 bucks + 4 bucks shipping = 12.00.

RD

BHC River Rat

Reaction score
I Like Bobby's Idea. I'd be in for 2 of Both. I've seen but never had the "Old" logo, and would REALLY like to have one. I'm curious as to what a new design would like too.
Any chance of a preview and rerunning the poll?

ERiggen

Reaction score
I'am in for a few t-shirts just picked up my spectra. Let me know how to get ahold of a couple t-shirts

BobbyB

Reaction score
the RDP shirts are great quality; if the SPECTRA shirts are the same then 12 bucks ain't a bad price. How 'bout if I bought 5 instead of 2? :D

SPECTRABRENT

Reaction score
This is My Daughters Shirt, We found it at my Grandparents House. They are friends with the Baileys in Boulder City.

Matt

This is a little different than the Spectra shirts I have (front logo).
I would say 78-81, mine are mid 70's.

Can you make a copy of the back?

Brent

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
the RDP shirts are great quality; if the SPECTRA shirts are the same then 12 bucks ain't a bad price. How 'bout if I bought 5 instead of 2? :D

These wouldn't be 12 bucks, is what I was saying in the post above.. LOL Not that they would be. 12 bucks is cheap as shit for any t-shirt. I pay 15 - 20 bucks for badenochs shirts.

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I would be down for both if available. either way I would definitely get one XL at least and probably one for my brother.

BobbyB

Reaction score
These wouldn't be 12 bucks, is what I was saying in the post above.. LOL Not that they would be. 12 bucks is cheap as shit for any t-shirt. I pay 15 - 20 bucks for badenochs shirts.

RD

:D I tried :D

BobbyB

Reaction score
how 'bout we call it an even Sebin-teen then!!???!!:D

Im in for 2 of each regardless......................... now don't come back with some 50 dolla shiznit and make me eat some crow!

BHC River Rat

Reaction score
I'm still in for at least 2 of the "old".... Still curious as to what might have been with a new design.

badberk

Reaction score
I would be in for 2 of the new design 2xxl

specrocz

77 Spectra 24 v-drive
Reaction score
Count me in for 4 shirts. 2 old style and 2 new, xl would be nice and 100% cotton too! What about Spectra polo shirts?

BHC River Rat

Reaction score
Hey Dave,
If we've decided to go with "The Old Style", I want 4. 6 if Tank Tops are gonna be available.
Is this going to be the Order form or do we need to fill something out?
Thanks for the great site.
Colin,
'79 Spectra 20

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm just prepping to see about how many I have to run and getting a consensus together for qty's sizes etc..

I'm sure people want, black, white, tanks, this, that, etc..

But realistically with this small of a shirt order it's going to be impossible. We're going to to white shirts, or maybe some "ash" shits as well.

RD

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
I'm just prepping to see about how many I have to run and getting a consensus together for qty's sizes etc..

I'm sure people want, black, white, tanks, this, that, etc..

But realistically with this small of a shirt order it's going to be impossible. We're going to to white shirts, or maybe some "ash" shits as well.

RD

Dave..I'd be in for a white one and an ash one in large! :D Let us know,Thanx...Tracy :champagne:

stickman07

Reaction score
I'd be in for a Large and a XS for my bride.... White or ash T or Tank new or old etc.... new to the forum but have had the 20 since 87.... Cool site RD and thanks for the Spectra forum... Gary B. Lake Belton, Texas

SecondLife

Banned
Reaction score
3 XXL shirts here Dave. I see everyone wants the old style and comments were there is nothing to see for the new. Take a look at the Hot Rod Condom site links I posted in my thread. If by any chance you like what you see graphics wise and you come to a point you want to explore a new style, just let me know.

miklos

Reaction score
;););)
I of each color would like 2 ...XL shirts going to Belize tomorrow be back 2-17......thank you.....Miklos:D

HavAZd

Reaction score
I just saw this cuz I didn't have a Spectra til october 09. I'd be in for an XL or 2. Would also take a tank.