WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLC

Reaction score
With 300 hp they run like a Raped Grape Ape!

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
This was about 2pm today

Attachments

• 5211B026-F079-4398-9C9F-409377CA068D.jpeg
    5211B026-F079-4398-9C9F-409377CA068D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 206

outboard_256

Reaction score
Anyone know the details with the blue speed car in glamis? Had to get towed back to camp and rumor is it's an engine problem. I don't know how to post facebook video's here.

Speed_motor.jpg

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Saw Robbie driving the Speed Chase truck yesterday on the 95 and Mulberry .

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
LOL,
I'm sure it's just a routine procedure after xxxx miles to disassemble the engine & trans to check for wear tolerances and to see if anyone has found the 10mm deep socket that was lost during assembly. :rolleyes:
Lol

riverroyal

Reaction score
Towed in the cover of darkness....

why would they pull the engine and leave the car outside! They gotta know everyone is watching.

outboard_256

Reaction score
Towed in the cover of darkness....

why would they pull the engine and leave the car outside! They gotta know everyone is watching.

You might be right. Here is a pic of them trying to fix it when it broke in the dunes.

blue_speed2.jpg

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I heard from someone that was out there that the car broke at or near Olds, not sure what broke, but that they hung out by the car and it seemed they purposely waited until night time to tow it back..

stonehenge

Reaction score
I heard from someone that was out there that the car broke at or near Olds, not sure what broke, but that they hung out by the car and it seemed they purposely waited until night time to tow it back..
Careful, talk like this and the messiah will hunt you down and kill you. Or just throw some roll bar padding at you.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Well if you were them wouldn't you do the same thing? LOL

RD

I don’t know why it is a problem at all.

Remember in Feb when it was in bad taste to advertise all the new Pro Rs breaking in Glamis 🤣.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Careful, talk like this and the messiah will hunt you down and kill you. Or just throw some roll bar padding at you.

I am not getting involved, its just hearsay, i am just saying what a acquaintance told me, who by the way has a low number Speed order so he has a vested interest.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
but, those we broke by owners of a R. Not the same, stay on topic.

That’s even worse. These aren’t even out yet and Speed is fixing problems as they arise, not sending new cars out with stop ride orders 🤣.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
weird that they left it outside the shop for all the paparazzi to see

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Bummer - at this point they should just wait until next season. Most of the guys currently in que have alternate cars. What is another year? This way they can get their support network up and ready.

Singleton

Reaction score
Maybe they blew the engine on purpose :)
Since they need more time, they make up an issue saying another part needs to be redesigned based on our testing and it will be another 2-3 months before deliveries start.

FYI - it’s a joke.
Shit breaks when used.
IMO, speed is worried that cars will break and since the support to fix is limited, a broken car in a customers had will do more damage than good. Sooner or later they have to take the risk. Without a solid dealership network for fixes, this will always be a risk until dealers can sell units they already have on the floor.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Maybe they blew the engine on purpose :)
Since they need more time, they make up an issue saying another part needs to be redesigned based on our testing and it will be another 2-3 months before deliveries start.

FYI - it’s a joke.
Shit breaks when used.
IMO, speed is worried that cars will break and since the support to fix is limited, a broken car in a customers had will do more damage than good. Sooner or later they have to take the risk. Without a solid dealership network for fixes, this will always be a risk until dealers can sell units they already have on the floor.

FWIW they seem to be about ready to take that risk, just not on the drivetrain. And I agree with that stance. Every risk they decide not to take makes the product better.

As always, none of us know what even broke on the blue car.

77charger

Reaction score
The hisun will be out first and able to actually buy and drive. Rg should have made the car first test it then go to production on his dime.

He has the money to get it started. Instead he’s a maketing genious sells the idea gets people to fund it and not deliver but can play with finished car along with his buddies and throw out a teaser pic here and there.

Had he put up his dime you’d bet the cars would be out by now they’d need to sell so he can recoup the money and if as good as said he’d make the money selling cars not deposits.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Better than praying I don’t get hit by clutch shrapnel 😉
Lol you know I don’t own a side by side of any brand. So your little Polaris/can am jabs are fucking hilliraous to me as I don’t care. They all are piles of shit for broke dicks that finance toys.

You’re just beating your chest on which pile is the tallest. Carry on

Status
Not open for further replies.