WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You can’t. Deposit was non-refundable as were the accessories everyone purchased 6-9 months ago when production was supposed to start.

You can sell them and I know multiple folks that sold at cost to break even. Multiple units for sale on other sites, and most are selling at todays prices.

I think the demand has stalled. The number of new deposit holders is not growing as quickly anymore and if you jump on other sites the number of frustrated deposit holders is.

I was just offered todays price (built out) plus 3k for my 326 #..

I don’t know who your talking too, but from where I’m sitting it doesn’t seem to be correct?

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
It’s really easy to get to $50 K in a sxs

My can am was over $50 in 2018 with it all set up.

OTD car w/ ext warranty was $31.

I hear you 100%. This segment has really progressed from the 06 Rhino I bought almost 20 years ago (hard to believe). For me personally, I have stopped modding them once I take delivery. I upgrade every 7-8 years and enjoy the UTV. I honestly do not put the miles on them or push the limits in the dunes. I will definitely say stepping up to a 2014 Polaris 1000 XP4 was awesome from the Rhino. I have a 2021 Pro XP 1000 Ultimate 4 (I am losing track of the models). It is a cool car loaded with Dyamix, Nav, Radio, etc etc.

I guess the point is this is a discretionary hobby and "who cares??".

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It’s not a bet until you send Dave money. Get on that. He has my number.

Pick a bet with a winner, a loser and an end date.

He has made the bet at least twice that I know of.. Jan 1..

I have yet to hear from anyone and I’m pretty sure everyone has my #.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just to make this thread go another 20 pages..

Car #113 is up for sale - todays cost on the build +3k! (Fully loaded roughly 20k in accessories)

El Jefe RG with just about everything you’re gonna put on it for the purposes of dirt. Also purchased the extended warranty etc..

Car 326 is up for sale - todays cost on the build plus 2k. (Fully loaded same as 113 - roughly 20k in accessories)

Those are BOTH 3’ish k BELOW Market value- Only available to an existing rdp member account.

Randoms on the internet it’s +5k for 113 and 4K for #326. (1k below market value)

Cash only no checks..

Serious inquiries only / price is the price.. text 949-678-8369 and I can provide you the build sheets.

Will consider possible trade for 2021 or newer built Can Am or Polaris. Can am Defender / Ranger crew Northstar.. or again Built Turbo RR / Turbos RZR whatever. I’m feeling naked with no offroad car for the first time in as long as I can remember.

Keeping the 2 seat race car to go racing in a speed utv.

RD

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
I hear you 100%. This segment has really progressed from the 06 Rhino I bought almost 20 years ago (hard to believe). For me personally, I have stopped modding them once I take delivery. I upgrade every 7-8 years and enjoy the UTV. I honestly do not put the miles on them or push the limits in the dunes. I will definitely say stepping up to a 2014 Polaris 1000 XP4 was awesome from the Rhino. I have a 2021 Pro XP 1000 Ultimate 4 (I am losing track of the models). It is a cool car loaded with Dyamix, Nav, Radio, etc etc.

I guess the point is this is a discretionary hobby and "who cares??".
I hear you on the rhino!

Im not going to say they were more fun, but at the time they all went the same speed and had the same suspension so it became more driver ability when out with the guys at night and a big cooler!!

They are money pits but fun being in the pit!

Reactions: SJP

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I hear you on the rhino!

Im not going to say they were more fun, but at the time they all went the same speed and had the same suspension so it became more driver ability when out with the guys at night and a big cooler!!

They are money pits but fun being in the pit!

They were more fun.. after having a can am though.. 😳

I told Stacy I wanted to buy a long travel rhino the other day for like 5k. I’m happy nobody was there to witness the result of that conversation.. 👀

Apparently we have moved beyond that in modern times.. lol.

I was kinda thinking about getting a fleet of 70-90cc quads and three wheelers and just partying in the campsites with everyone. Guarantee we’d have the most fun with everyone when it’s all over.

RD
image.jpg

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Well,there should be no doubt RG reads RDP and reads this thread. At this point you all should realize RG enjoys every word of every post..The man in total control of his businesses as he was in control of his race careers. Total control everyday of his life.
No way RG fails on the delivery of Speed UTV cars. DCB,Skater, all the performance boat builders never intended mass production of their boats. There is a market for Speed,just not mass produced.
This thread went off the Speed Car rail long time ago. Now just personal insult,subject no longer topic,just peer pressure these days. :)

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well,there should be no doubt RG reads RDP and reads this thread. At this point you all should realize RG enjoys every word of every post..The man in total control of his businesses as he was in control of his race careers. Total control everyday of his life.
No way RG fails on the delivery of Speed UTV cars. DCB,Skater, all the performance boat builders never intended mass production of their boats. There is a market for Speed,just not mass produced.
This thread went off the Speed Car rail long time ago. Now just personal insult,subject no longer topic,just peer pressure these days. :)

RG personally doesn’t but I know his staff does and reports back to him and Todd.

At 20,000 units sold now he’s jumping right into production. I got full faith in speed to deliver the best product possible and I fully expect if I had anyone if my units in my driveway I could sell them for 10-20+ more than I’m asking..

I got a few things I want to explore and the wife wants to go off-roading.

A certain twin turbo Schiada is coming up for sale and my wife will never let me buy it, so I gotta go raise money on my own here and between these two I’m over halfway there.

Well that and she said get us a dirt car STAT.. either way something is gonna happen because my garage is empty, the pontoon is sold (or at least they say it is), and other than a bunch of kids shit we got nada..

All work and no play makes Dave a dull boy. 🤨🤨

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
No way RG does NOT read this thread. He drives past RDP everyday when in town..
Not much doubt you guys hang out often. LoL,i should have mentioned Schiada Not mass produced.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No way RG does NOT read this thread. He drives past RDP everyday when in town..
Not much doubt you guys hang out often.

I Just see him at the shows.. I have friends that are friends with him and other than being neighbors in the keys years ago we don’t really have a relationship.

I will say being in a prototype background for aerospace and growing up in an engineering firm..

I am BLOWN AWAY he has started from scratch half a year after he started and has something that is damn near ready to release to the public.

There are very few people on this earth that could have pulled off what him and Todd have managed to pull off in this short order.

For anyone to say he has had short comings this far really only tells me they don’t know what’s involved in doing something like this..

He made a few promises he didn’t measure up too. I get it. What the other guys don’t get is most people would be developing the engine for five years.. let alone trans / chassis / electronics / shocks / tires..

They took on every aspect and as far as I’m concerned are smashing time lines and at least my expectations.

I’d have a real hard time saying something negative about the company or where they are at right now. They are absolutely killin it in my eyes..

If it were me I’d slow down near the finish line and make sure they don’t do a mass release and then have a catastrophic failure.. if they had 1,000 units out there now and a simple barb on an oil line cost them 5-600 motors? Well that would be hard to recover from both financially and reputation wise.. I think that change got their undivided attention and now they are addressing it and potentially everything else that came with it when it went into production.

RD

counterpart7

Reaction score
Well we won’t even start with the cost of making 300 HP out of a Pro R because that will require a turbo kit that will be over $10k by the time you are done with supporting mods and tuning..
Just an FYI, it’s not very hard to make 300hp with the Pro R. Cams, exhaust, and tune will get you 300hp(looks to be on 91 octane but haven’t confirmed), it’s been done already. A lot less than $10k…

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I told Stacy I wanted to buy a long travel rhino the other day for like 5k. I’m happy nobody was there to witness the result of that conversation.. 👀

I was kinda thinking about getting a fleet of 70-90cc quads and three wheelers and just partying in the campsites with everyone. Guarantee we’d have the most fun with everyone when it’s all over.

RD View attachment 1176988

A gaggle of quads is not a bad strategy.. hard to get the wife on a quad after being in a nice SXS though.

JM21

Reaction score

Is that a 90? Want to sell
It? LOL

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Just an FYI, it’s not very hard to make 300hp with the Pro R. Cams, exhaust, and tune will get you 300hp(looks to be on 91 octane but haven’t confirmed), it’s been done already. A lot less than $10k…

Looks like it is 91.. the are claiming 30 Hp from a tune, 10 from exhaust, and 30 from cams. That seems a bit lofty for a 2.0. Even if it is and you are at 275 HP, not bad for the several grand investment. They claim the stock valve springs work, but I’m skeptical.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looks like it is 91.. the are claiming 30 Hp from a tune, 10 from exhaust, and 30 from cams. That seems a bit lofty for a 2.0. Even if it is and you are at 275 HP, not bad for the several grand investment. They claim the stock valve springs work, but I’m skeptical.

I have a hard time believing that

2Driver

Reaction score

Living in Havasu I’m surprised you haven’t run a real prerunner for a season. Lots of nice ones on race desert.

counterpart7

Reaction score
I agree, and I would personally do springs.

It does seem 300+ hp is easily achievable with 110 or E85.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
I thought the speed cars were a turn key too if the line car? Seems a lot of people have 20k in accessories. Crazy considering the original price was in the high 20’s / low 30’s. So almost another 50% in accessories.

Just to bring in another fun thread into the mix…. The selling of spots reminds me of the 2007/2008 days… when everyone was selling their spot in line at Sandcar builders & boat builders.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I thought the speed cars were a turn key too if the line car? Seems a lot of people have 20k in accessories. Crazy considering the original price was in the high 20’s / low 30’s. So almost another 50% in accessories.

Just to bring in another fun thread into the mix…. The selling of spots reminds me of the 2007/2008 days… when everyone was selling their spot in line at Sandcar builders & boat builders.

The cars don’t come with accessories…

Speed installs any accessory you buy with the order for free.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

They are.. but if you want the extra lights and car to car radio and the this and the that.. lol. Plus I bought the spare axles and other stuff to try and head off any parts problems down the road

EmpirE231

Reaction score
They are.. but if you want the extra lights and car to car radio and the this and the that.. lol. Plus I bought the spare axles and other stuff to try and head off any parts problems down the road
Still seems crazy. Car to car and some lights will run you 5-6k max? Unless you’re getting Bose headsets and Baja design lightbars.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Still seems crazy. Car to car and some lights will run you 5-6k max? Unless you’re getting Bose headsets and Baja design lightbars.

Car to car, lights. Stereo, paddles. Spare tire, jacks, bed storage, mirrors, bumpers, windsheild, luggage rack, break in kit, spares kit, winch, 300 HP key, and in and on.

Their lights are not Baja Designs but are priced like it. I have BD stuff for mine waiting to go on, and am rolling my own car to car. I just bought their chase light bar as it fits in the roof. The rest of the stuff is fairly in line with what you’d pay on the higher than average side. But it is all plug and play, the car is pre wired for all the accessories they offer.

I have $4k in stuff and that is all I need. Putting in my own GPS, lights, mirrors, and car to car, and it will be done.

Last edited:

Bryan721

Reaction score
A good buddy has spot #26, he hit me up saying he is finally getting his car and wants me to "go through it". I asked when he is taking delivery and I never got a response. I will update once I hear anything

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score

Same reason we have a fleet of 110 motorcycles in our camp group! Doesn’t matter how many cars break down we always have the 110s for the evening shenanigans!

dirtslinger2

Reaction score

There's other things, not just a radio and intercom.

I myself added, PCI radio and headsets, they were actual $10 cheaper than buying direct from PCI. I added window nets, a front windshield, seat heaters, Kicker sounds system, rock and interior lights, side and rearview mirrors and a rear light bar, a spare tire and wheel, and a jack.

Adding all of these things up, I think I'm in the 8K range

outboard_256

Reaction score
Same reason we have a fleet of 110 motorcycles in our camp group! Doesn’t matter how many cars break down we always have the 110s for the evening shenanigans!

Haha, our group did the same thing. Everyone bought $500 XR70's and we put bicycle lights on them. Most fun you will have after dark, haha.

Ladsm

Reaction score
I built this back in the day 2007 before there was ever even a RZR. 700 Turbo motor, king shocks, long travel, later on converted it to a 2 seater and 800 turbo motor. Had $30k IN IT AND SOLD IT FOR $8500!!! to buy a JaggedX 900HO XP. Buying a new turnkey car in the $30K-$40K range with a warranty isnt such a bad deal.
p5.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I built this back in the day 2007 before there was ever even a RZR. 700 Turbo motor, king shocks, long travel, later on converted it to a 2 seater and 800 turbo motor. Had $30k IN IT AND SOLD IT FOR $8500!!! to buy a JaggedX 900HO XP. Buying a new turnkey car in the $30K-$40K range with a warranty isnt such a bad deal. View attachment 1177098

Everyone harkens back to those days but you are exactly right.. people had $35k into Rhinos… that would get wasted by a stock RZR 900…

Used Rhino is a lot of fun though.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Everyone harkens back to those days but you are exactly right.. people had $35k into Rhinos… that would get wasted by a stock RZR 900…

Used Rhino is a lot of fun though.
Friend of mine still runs his 4 seat rhino (bought used for $5000) all stock in our group. What’s more shocking is he doesn’t even know there’s a SPEED car coming!?!

EmpirE231

Reaction score
There's other things, not just a radio and intercom.

I myself added, PCI radio and headsets, they were actual $10 cheaper than buying direct from PCI. I added window nets, a front windshield, seat heaters, Kicker sounds system, rock and interior lights, side and rearview mirrors and a rear light bar, a spare tire and wheel, and a jack.

Adding all of these things up, I think I'm in the 8K range
gotcha... 5-8k I could get... just couldn't wrap my head around 15-20k without needing an aftermarket cage, seats, belts etc.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
gotcha... 5-8k I could get... just couldn't wrap my head around 15-20k without needing an aftermarket cage, seats, belts etc.

The car by itself with ZERO accessories is pretty well equipped, has beadlocks, REAL seats, 5 point harness, long travel, a real cage, etc.....It's all the other stuff that you would want to add that is extra, same stuff you'd probably add to any other car.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Ahhh, yes.
The Rhino was a kick for sure.
Xtreme Fab & Machine built the long travel with Walker Evans shocks.
Lonestar cage and door guards.
KMS Performance 680 build & clutch which gave it a whopping 52 HP I think.
PCI intercom & car to car.
Seats & harness belts.
etc...
All told I probably had $22K into it.

I beat that thing for years and had a ton of fun for sure.

rhino 1.jpg
rhino 2.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Speed also offers sand wheel/tire setups, dual touchscreen dashes, spares and most every do dad you can think of. if you checked every option it’s a lot of cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.