WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demlockian

Reaction score
Yes, but they are building butter then anybody else's.
This is true on paper only. We know nothing about the vehicle outside of Speeds own press releases.

We have no past history to base performance/reliability upon. For all we know, the Speed could be plagued with constant drive train or electronic issues. This is an issue us early adopters are accepting, whether we know it or not.

This is why LOF is willing to wait “forever” for the car. I’m in the same boat; I would rather wait another 3 months and avoid having a blown engine and no warranty support. The issue has become that the 3 months is turning into a constant “3 more months”. It tells me that the engineering/RD was not robust enough.

They should have never given timelines and left it at “2024”. Padding themselves with ample time in the beginning. Release early if ready and people are happy. Release late and you get a drama fest. At this point, it’s to late to put the rabbit back in the hat.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I hate to say it but this is sounding and looking like a scam more and more everyday.

Is it? There is more evidence now than ever that they are inching closer to production.

If this is a scam, they robbed us of $10m to spend $20m+ .If a scam, it is costing them money at this point to keep the scam going and it would already be over.

As stated above by @Demlockian they never should have given out dates or at least should have stopped giving them out.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
In other news, Speed cars are available at Lowes in Havasu.

BC1A0C59-8BD8-47CF-949C-47E15A9F6AB0.jpeg

These are straight from the Hisun factory!

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
Is it? There is more evidence now than ever that they are inching closer to production.

If this is a scam, they robbed us of $10m to spend $20m+ .If a scam, it is costing them money at this point to keep the scam going and it would already be over.

As stated above by @Demlockian they never should have given out dates or at least should have stopped giving them out.

JFMFG

Reaction score

How can they only be inching to production 3 years later? Hasn’t he said they have 100 cars ready waiting for the green light for delivery? I’m just asking not trying to get into it just an honest question.

bonesfab

Reaction score
They need to release 50-100 cars to the people waiting and say go have fun and report back. People will see they actually exist and are not just full of shit and the car will get some real world r&d. Maybe just release them to socal and az where service would be available to take care of issues. Tell them to bring them back a 50 hours and give them a once over. But them keep moving the goal posts does not sit well with most people. Especially in the age of the internet where there is instant gratification everywhere. Under promise and over deliver usually works out better.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
How can they only be inching to production 3 years later? Hasn’t he said they have 100 cars ready waiting for the green light for delivery? I’m just asking not trying to get into it just an honest question.

Supplier shutdowns, design changes, and whatever other challenges they are facing.

How long is it supposed take for a new company to develop a new mass produced vehicle? Generally it’s way longer than 3 years. It is not like there is an instruction manual on how to produce the car, they have to figure it out.

I don’t know how you can make the case there is less evidence that the cars will be made when they show evidence of more of them, unless you think they are lying.

I was figuring 2 and a half years or so when I got my deposit and I would have liked to have my car by now, but if it’s not ready to go is it a good idea to rush into production when you know there will be problems you could have fixed?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
They need to release 50-100 cars to the people waiting and say go have fun and report back. People will see they actually exist and are not just full of shit and the car will get some real world r&d. Maybe just release them to socal and az where service would be available to take care of issues. Tell them to bring them back a 50 hours and give them a once over. But them keep moving the goal posts does not sit well with most people. Especially in the age of the internet where there is instant gratification everywhere. Under promise and over deliver usually works out better.

That is what they have implied by saying the they don’t know the timeline beyond the first couple hundred…

JFMFG

Reaction score
Supplier shutdowns, design changes, and whatever other challenges they are facing.

How long is it supposed take for a new company to develop a new mass produced vehicle? Generally it’s way longer than 3 years. It is not like there is an instruction manual on how to produce the car, they have to figure it out.

I don’t know how you can make the case there is less evidence that the cars will be made when they show evidence of more of them, unless you think they are lying.

I was figuring 2 and a half years or so when I got my deposit and I would have liked to have my car by now, but if it’s not ready to go is it a good idea to rush into production when you know there will be problems you could have fixed?
I own a manufacturing company I don’t release a product until it is 100% done. I also don’t take money upfront that’s not refundable either.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
@LargeOrangeFont what is keeping a customer from going after a full refund from Robbiee. Is this possible? Did people sign something that said you can only sell your spot not get a refund?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I own a manufacturing company I don’t release a product until it is 100% done. I also don’t take money upfront that’s not refundable either.

Sounds like they also are not releasing it until it is 100% done. They took my money up front so why would I want a product that isn’t 100% done?

So it takes however long that takes.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
@LargeOrangeFont what is keeping a customer from going after a full refund from Robbiee. Is this possible? Did people sign something that said you can only sell your spot not get a refund?
They will help you sell your spot, so if you get your money back, I’m not sure what the difference is. It said no refund for the deposit, I haven’t asked for one, they do t seem to be giving them out.

You can be out of an early spot for your cost in a few days. Those seem to be few and far between though. Funny how that works.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Sounds like they also are not releasing it until it is 100% done. They took my money up front so why would I want a product that isn’t 100% done?

So it takes however long that takes.
They should have built a demo tested and tested then released it to pump up the buyers. It’s excuse after excuse.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
They should have built a demo tested and tested then released it to pump up the buyers. It’s excuse after excuse.

They seem to have done exactly that and are in the middle of step 2… preparing to release a few to pump up people. What were all those rides they have to folks and letting people come out and watch them testing the cars?

Last edited:

JFMFG

Reaction score
They seem to have done exactly that and are in the middle of step 2… preparing to release a few to pump up people. What were all those rides they have to folks and letting people come out and watch them testing the cars?
You mean when they broke at the ssss

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
3 years ago those cars had serious advantage over what was out at the time. Now they compare to the Honda talon.
Sure. 🤣🤣🤣

Tell me what is so much better about today’s cars that makes Speed obsolete.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
T

The Talon actually may be better since you can buy it today and have it tonight.
So tell me what is better?

Besides the Talon being down 100 HP and riding like a pogo stick.. what is better about the current cars? Most of which are the same as they were in 2019.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
3 years ago those cars had serious advantage over what was out at the time. Now they compare to the Honda talon.

How? Hydraulic Power steering? 3.2" IBP shocks? Actual racing containment seats? 5 point harnesses? Long Travel? 250Hp? Interchangeable hubs and A-arms? Standard with Bead Locks? An actual useable bed? 32" tires?

Help me out here? Well besides you can actually get a Honda Talon.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
How? Hydraulic Power steering? 3.2" IBP shocks? Actual racing containment seats? 5 point harnesses? Long Travel? 250Hp? Interchangeable hubs and A-arms? Standard with Bead Locks? An actual useable bed? 32" tires?

Help me out here? Well besides you can actually get a Honda Talon.
You forgot your the sequential trans with overdrive, storage bed, car prewired for all accessories, 300HP on E85, 5 point cam lock belts, dual digital dashes… but yea, go get a Talon tonight. 🤣

Did we talk about the suspension geometry? Almost no toe change, lowest CG of anything out there, very limited teack width changes through travel..

Yep. The industry passed this car by!!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Honda Japanese reliability vs unknown Chinese subcontractor that has shown poor qc on parts already
You are welcome to go be poor and slow at the Honda dealer. There is a reason there are Talons there.

People buy Can Ams with no gauge clusters and A Polaris with a stop ride order before a high quality in stock Talon.

The best non turbo car is the Kawasaki today.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
👍

MooreMoney

Reaction score
You forgot your the sequential trans with overdrive, storage bed, car prewired for all accessories, 300HP on E85, 5 point cam lock belts, dual digital dashes… but yea, go get a Talon tonight. 🤣

Did we talk about the suspension geometry? Almost no toe change, lowest CG of anything out there, very limited teack width changes through travel..

Yep. The industry passed this car by!!
The speed car’s not out yet. Can you really speculate where speed car is compared to other until a true comparison is done?

daytona man

Reaction score
It's kind of funny how all you Speed UTV dreamers can make fun of all the other SXS's out there that people are driving or at least have parked in their garage when this is all you have ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• 20221204_105013[1].jpg
    20221204_105013[1].jpg
    777.4 KB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.