WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score
ok so 12 cars are finally coming, cool. There is something I am confused by. A good friend of ours owns a few wheel companies and sells ALOT of wheels (his wheels are in every Amercia's tires/ discount tires in the country). Like everything, his wheels are made in China and shipped here. He did have some issues with delays when covid started but He hasn't had a single issue or delay with china lockdowns and getting his wheels here for probably over year. So is it just Robbies China that is on lockdown and causing so many delays or am I missing something

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
ok so 12 cars are finally coming, cool. There is something I am confused by. A good friend of ours owns a few wheel companies and sells ALOT of wheels (his wheels are in every Amercia's tires/ discount tires in the country). Like everything, his wheels are made in China and shipped here. He did have some issues with delays when covid started but He hasn't had a single issue or delay with china lockdowns and getting his wheels here for probably over year. So is it just Robbies China that is on lockdown and causing so many delays or am I missing something

I know of a lot of companies that are facing delays with the China lockdowns. It isn’t just Robbie..

Wheels are ordered in such massive quantities he probably anticipated and ordered stock in advance..

That said my Cali wheels on my dually were back ordered for like six months when I bought them.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Everyone that I know that buys from China anything has some delays but not whole line shut down

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Container delays in China?
It took me 2 days from getting 2 containers loaded to getting them picked up and transported to port.
That was a little less than 3 weeks ago.

I'm willing to bet Hisun has more pull with container shipping than I do. 🙄

I'd say, if the story is he CAN'T get them moved to port due to a shut down, he's not telling the whole story.

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
I'd say, if the story is he CAN'T get them moved to port due to a shut down, he's not telling the whole story.
I think there are more gremlins with the cars that they are confessing too and the limited release of cars will come with an NDA and 100% coverage of parts and labor to learn more about their problems before wide release.

S

Sand Shark

I didn’t know GD was still a thing.. I thought it kinda died after their server loss?
It’s still going. It’s not as good as it was before. I think they lost alot of people during the crash. The most popular thread is the Speed UTV, but even that lost a lot of good information when the site crashed and then when they started banning people. Not to many deposit holders post over there anymore. As soon as the Speed UTV comes out and starts breaking there will be allot more to talk about.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Speed UTV's biggest problem isn't the Covid/China shut down. Most businesses have dealt with that over the last couple years with varying success.

Their biggest issue seems to be their mouths keep writing checks reality can't cash.
Too many stories that just don't pass the smell test.

An ego and thinking you're the smartest person in the room will do that.

JLG614

Reaction score
I think there are more gremlins with the cars that they are confessing too and the limited release of cars will come with an NDA and 100% coverage of parts and labor to learn more about their problems before wide release.

This. I completely agree.

EPL

Reaction score
Next excuse !!

Attachments

• 20221222_165615.jpg
    20221222_165615.jpg
    683.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 20221222_165631.jpg
    20221222_165631.jpg
    607.7 KB · Views: 52

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It’s still going. It’s not as good as it was before. I think they lost alot of people during the crash. The most popular thread is the Speed UTV, but even that lost a lot of good information when the site crashed and then when they started banning people. Not to many deposit holders post over there anymore. As soon as the Speed UTV comes out and starts breaking there will be allot more to talk about.

I don’t understand why they would ban people for deleting posts.. if you don’t want them to be able to delete them they can just turn that feature off?

Some forums won’t even let you edit posts after a certain time frame?

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
I don’t understand why they would ban people for deleting posts.. if you don’t want them to be able to delete them they can just turn that feature off?

You bannEd me for incorrect spelling

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You bannEd me for incorrect spelling

Wasn’t incorrect spelling. It was, at the time “, a bunch of bizarre posts that nobody could make heads or tails of.. lol

You just made one today in the real estate thread today that has me Scratching my head. Lol

Fishd00d

Reaction score

I just wanted to make one more post so I can PM! hahaha

Aw crap still cant even with 10 posts.

Albacore

Reaction score
There’s over 28,000 parts in one of the Speed utv’s

Only four wheels and even those are different than anything you’ve ever had on a car or truck being a two piece with the hub section being the bead lock also.

Heylam

Reaction score
What are the odds delay after delay that Speed will actually deliver the 10 cars in January. I for one am doubtful.

EarpRider

Reaction score
What are the odds delay after delay that Speed will actually deliver the 10 cars in January. I for one am doubtful.
Yup, weekend of January 20th, Havasu Balloon Festival. Lots of folks in town to Ooh and Awe!😁

S

Sand Shark

Actually you can’t delete a post on Glamis Dunes but you could edit them. Some members went back and edited there pictures of the Speed UTV and other info they had about Speed. I guess they could not take a little trash talk. The moderators did not like it and permanently banned them. Now theres a time limit to edit. There is probably a better chance they will get invited back before they ever see there Speed UTV.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I just wanted to make one more post so I can PM! hahaha

Aw crap still cant even with 10 posts.

I thought it was set at ten? I will find out..

I liked your pro r enough I’m thinking about building one now.

Kinda tossed up between a built defender enclosed cab or a pro r.. obviously very different cars for different purposes

Fishd00d

Reaction score
I thought it was set at ten? I will find out..

I liked your pro r enough I’m thinking about building one now.

Kinda tossed up between a built defender enclosed cab or a pro r.. obviously very different cars for different purposes
Send me a PM, I can reply if someone starts one with me.

dspracing

Reaction score
Container delays in China?
It took me 2 days from getting 2 containers loaded to getting them picked up and transported to port.
That was a little less than 3 weeks ago.

I'm willing to bet Hisun has more pull with container shipping than I do. 🙄

I was thinking too that hisun should have no problem getting these things moved over here. Then I remembered back when they released that mini sxs similar to the Rzr 170. As I recall, their ability to deliver those little guys was very similar.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
With grads on the loose dose the mean we can finally have that poll between him and lof 🤣

Heylam

Reaction score
What if it’s multiple choice?
A, B, or all the above?
Lol

Swain

Reaction score

Wheel Pros by chance?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Yes you both get a mythical Spped car, but unfortunately we can’t let you know a delivery date. But don’t worry, the delivery can be passed on to the heirs of your estate.

Why would I worry when so many people other people are worried for me?

JLG614

Reaction score
Wheel Pros by chance?
He owns Wicked off road, American Outlaw, and liquid metal. I believe he owns a few others and I know he supplies alot of people with the plugs used for doing the custom wheels for companies like Metal FX UTV wheels

mbrown2

Reaction score
Chris went out of town.. he has to coordinate with speed.
If I were LOF and had an number in 1xxx why not buy a 2xx car.... he has a better chance of seeing a 2xx car next year then a 1xxx car.... if things are successful, he can sell that 1xxx car later for today's or tomorrow's price..

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
If I were LOF and had an number in 1xxx why not buy a 2xx car.... he has a better chance of seeing a 2xx car next year then a 1xxx car.... if things are successful, he can sell that 1xxx car later for today's or tomorrow's price..

The car is not a 2xx car off the line. It is out past 1000 off the line and will be just a little later to arrive than my latest car.

Last edited:

RCDave

Reaction score
I can tell you the off roading has been great in many peoples heads LOL.

Your responses are quite limited. LOL Same old same old.

BTW I've never had a problem with Speed. I hope they find a way to be successful and thrive.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Your responses are quite limited. LOL Same old same old.

BTW I've never had a problem with Speed. I hope they find a way to be successful and thrive.
Because I know my audience.

If all these people truly had no problem with Speed, then what is their problem? And why do they keep coming back despite their disdain for me?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well it’s unfortunate but once again the negativity in this thread has permeated its way out of here and into the rest of the board..

It’s To the point where people aren’t interested in the subject matter but rather argue for the sake of arguing…. And interestingly enough that arguing generates hate towards a person and that has now spread to hate for the project.

I am going to lock this thread And I guess we will start speed take 3 later on today. I have talked to LOF about the arguing with regards to speed.. he’s gonna let it go and just provide general updates.

For the peanut gallery stop fucking up rdp. If you are interested great.. if you aren’t interested great. There is no reason for personal attacks towards other members or deposit holders etc.

I’m not going to bother explaining the ins and outs of all that. If you’re being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole you’re gonna get dealt with like an asshole.

RD

Status
Not open for further replies.